IndiaDivine.org

An Omnivore’s Evolution

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I said I was working, not that I didnt want to! there is a difference. I keep saying every year that I will go, but end up money grabbing instead!, and by the time I finish work, the rest of the family arent interested. Then on the Sunday, I have a weeks worth of chores to catch up on. No rest for the wicked!

Peter H

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Wednesday, 6 February, 2008 7:39:01 AM Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution

At the beginning of this conversation several years ago, you were indeed serious. It is easy, after an event, to say you are joking, but not so easy to belive it.As for the pint - I suggested getting together at the Bristol Vegan Fair, but you said you didn't want to!Jo@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> I would never say I was against English rugby team because they conquered Wales without my tongue protruding through my cheek.> As I have said , there is no grudge, it exists in your mind.> So maybe you should get over it, and lets get on with sticking together as vegans regardless of age/nationality/ ability or anything else. Our common goal here should be promoting an animal friendly, cruelty free

lifestyle.> If ever your in my kneck of the woods I`ll buy you a pint.> > Peter H > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 1:15:53 PM> Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > The grudge is not confined to rugby - that is just another way of > expressing it. You once said you were totally against the English > rugby team because the English conquered Wales!!! That is holding a > grudge on a grand scale, wouldn't you say?> > As I've pointed out before, if I held similar views to yours I > wouldn't like the Danish, Norwegians or Swedish because

the Vikings > invaded us in the distant past, and I wouldn't like the Germans and > the Italians or the French because they also invaded us sometime in > the past.> > Come on Peter - get over it.> > Jo> > Denmark, Norway and Sweden> > @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> >> > Theres no grudge, just a wind up, on a grand scale,culminating in > the match last weekend....its taken 20 years!> > Shame Scotland lost.> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> > @gro ups.com> > Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 7:44:21 AM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> >

> > Also, once when discussing ruby and Welsh hatred of the English you > > said that the television never supported the Welsh team. Well > thanks > > to you and that discussion I have since become a rugby fan, and > watch > > it whenever it is on the television. I can tell you without a > shadow > > of a doubt that the 'English' television thoroughly supports Wales, > > Ireland and Scotland exactly the same as it does England. The same > > happens in all other sports too - Andy Murray is an example.> > > > I think it's about time you stopped holding old grudges about > things > > that happened centuries ago, and not to you personally.> > > > Jo> > > > @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> > >> > > Somehow I find that

hard to believe, unfotunately.> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ ...>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Monday, 4 February, 2008 9:04:13 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I dunno - I've not heard any English people have any antagonism > > toward the Welsh... except in retaliation!> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Monday, February

04, 2008 8:40 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > And to be fair vice versa......> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ gmail.com>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Monday, 4 February, 2008 9:38:25 AM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > Hi Jo / Peter> > > > > > So, displaying a fairly standard Welsh attitude toward the > English?> > > > > > BB> > >

Peter> > > - > > > jo > > > @gro ups.com > > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:41 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > ....but look how many injuries they had to cause to the England > > team to win!> > > > > > Jo> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:20 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > The best team won in the end!> > > > > > Peter H

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 11:18:39 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > Watch it!! Twas a good match - Wales not too good in first half, > > England not too good in second.> > > > > > Jo> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 9:22 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s

Evolution> > > > > > > > > I agree.> > > Oh by the way, did I mention that Wales beat England at rugby > today > > on English soil?....... ...:)> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ gmail.com>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 9:18:44 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I'd say it's rather lazy thinking. There is a certain validity in > > the suggestion that meat from local animals won't have any of

> > the "travel miles" from exotic fruits. But, at the risk of a > terrible > > pun, it's comparing apples and pears... if he wanted to be truly > > environmentally friendly with his diet, he would compare the impact > > of localy farmed meat with the impact of locally farmed veg!> > > > > > And, as Katy's just pointed out, the feed for the animals on his > > local farm almost certainly will have a large number of travel > > miles... so, woolly thinking on his part all round.> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 8:46 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > >

> > > > > > Dont know what to make of this :> > > Thanks to Bryan Welch (â€Å"Why I Farm,� February/March > 2007) for > > his moving story of farm life. I have been mostly vegan for nearly > > three years, primarily to eat lower on the food chain and avoid the > > synthetic chemicals, hormones and antibiotics found in most animal > > products. I also choose this lifestyle in consideration of animalsâ> €™ > > lives, our planet’s well-being and conservation of resources.> > > Recently, however, I’ve begun to re-evaluate my choices > for a > > truly sustainable, healthy and environmentally sound diet.

I’> m > > realizing that being vegan in Montana isn’t nearly as > sustainable > > as eating meat raised in a place like Bryan’s farm. My > endive and > > fig salad with orange-balsamic vinaigrette, nothing of which comes > > from anywhere near Montana, strains the environment more than meat > > and potatoes from right down the road.> > > Within the past year I’ve reintroduced the occasional meal > of > > wild game, hunted by some friends on land within miles of my home. > > I’ve accepted this meat back in my diet because I know how > and > > where the animal lived, what it ate and how it was killed.> >

> My friends hunt with reverence and respect for the life of the > > animal and aim to be â€Å"one shot wonders.� They took me > hunting > > this fall. We didn’t kill an animal that day, but I am still > > committed to pursuing this experience. Although I await it with a > > sort of existential sadness. I fantasize of someday having a > modest, > > self-sustaining farm with a fabulous garden, a few chickens and > maybe > > some sheep or goats for meat, milk and fiber. That would be the > last > > step in my evolution as an omnivore. I deeply appreciate the > humility > > and depth of connection Bryan has with his farm and animals. His > > respect and reverence for their lives, and his honesty about > > confronting

the life-death transition, are inspirational and > > affirming. I wish all meat-eaters could face the experience of > > killing the animals that sustain them with as much grace as Bryan â> €" > > the world would be better for it.> > > ROSE TOCKE> > > Helena, Montana> > > The Vegetarian Choice> > > http://www.motherea rthnews.com/ Modern-Homestead ing/2007- 04-> > 01/Dear- Mother-April- May-2007. aspx> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with > > for Good > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > >> > > > > >

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. >

Sent from - a smarter inbox.

Well then, sad as it is, it leads me to believe that its your problem not mine.

You might be interested to know that my grandfather was English............

Peter H

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Wednesday, 6 February, 2008 7:37:29 AM Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution

Hi PeterYou protest too much! There is a history of many years to this conversation, as you are well aware.You have shown your cards regarding England/English in the past - we have no reason to believe you have changed now.Jo@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> yep, because I dont consider them racist, you do, and the fact that you always bite encourages me to continue.... ......... you take lots of things far too seriously. If Wales had lost I would have taken it on the chin and laughed it off, and not made a comment like the one you made about England having so many injured players, insinuating that the only way Wales could win was by injuring them on purpose.> Lets recap> I said " oh by the way did I

mention that Wales beat England" with a smilie face.> Next thing I know I am being accused of sniping and being racist.> I`m sorry Jo, but whenever I post something you dont like you realy seem to try your hardest to go on the offensive. It happens so often now that I mostly ignore it.> > Peter H > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 1:16:41 PM> Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > Do you feel as though you should be able to make racist comments > without anyone mentioning that you have?> > Jo> > @gro

ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> >> > And you bite every time.......: )> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> > @gro ups.com> > Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 7:36:45 AM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > If you remember a few years ago though, I, in my innocence, had > never > > realised there was any hatred emanating from Wales. If there is any > > bad feeling on my part now, it is because you have told us that the > > Welsh dislike the English and you take every opportunity available > to > > snipe. > > > > Jo> > > > --- In

@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> > >> > > And to be fair vice versa......> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ ...>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Monday, 4 February, 2008 9:38:25 AM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > > Hi Jo / Peter> > > > > > So, displaying a fairly standard Welsh attitude toward the > English?> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > - > > > jo > > > To:

@gro ups.com > > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:41 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > ....but look how many injuries they had to cause to the England > > team to win!> > > > > > Jo> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:20 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > The best team won in the end!> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -----

Original Message ----> > > jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 11:18:39 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > Watch it!! Twas a good match - Wales not too good in first half, > > England not too good in second.> > > > > > Jo> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 9:22 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > I agree.> > > Oh by the way, did I

mention that Wales beat England at rugby > today > > on English soil?....... ...:)> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ gmail.com>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 9:18:44 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I'd say it's rather lazy thinking. There is a certain validity in > > the suggestion that meat from local animals won't have any of > > the "travel miles" from exotic fruits. But, at the risk of a > terrible > > pun, it's

comparing apples and pears... if he wanted to be truly > > environmentally friendly with his diet, he would compare the impact > > of localy farmed meat with the impact of locally farmed veg!> > > > > > And, as Katy's just pointed out, the feed for the animals on his > > local farm almost certainly will have a large number of travel > > miles... so, woolly thinking on his part all round.> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 8:46 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > Dont know what to make of this :> > > Thanks to Bryan Welch

(â€Å"Why I Farm,� February/March > 2007) for > > his moving story of farm life. I have been mostly vegan for nearly > > three years, primarily to eat lower on the food chain and avoid the > > synthetic chemicals, hormones and antibiotics found in most animal > > products. I also choose this lifestyle in consideration of animalsâ> €™ > > lives, our planet’s well-being and conservation of resources.> > > Recently, however, I’ve begun to re-evaluate my choices > for a > > truly sustainable, healthy and environmentally sound diet. I’> m > > realizing that being vegan in Montana

isn’t nearly as > sustainable > > as eating meat raised in a place like Bryan’s farm. My > endive and > > fig salad with orange-balsamic vinaigrette, nothing of which comes > > from anywhere near Montana, strains the environment more than meat > > and potatoes from right down the road.> > > Within the past year I’ve reintroduced the occasional meal > of > > wild game, hunted by some friends on land within miles of my home. > > I’ve accepted this meat back in my diet because I know how > and > > where the animal lived, what it ate and how it was killed.> > > My friends hunt with reverence and respect for the life of the > > animal and aim to be

â€Å"one shot wonders.� They took me > hunting > > this fall. We didn’t kill an animal that day, but I am still > > committed to pursuing this experience. Although I await it with a > > sort of existential sadness. I fantasize of someday having a > modest, > > self-sustaining farm with a fabulous garden, a few chickens and > maybe > > some sheep or goats for meat, milk and fiber. That would be the > last > > step in my evolution as an omnivore. I deeply appreciate the > humility > > and depth of connection Bryan has with his farm and animals. His > > respect and reverence for their lives, and his honesty about > > confronting the life-death transition, are inspirational and > > affirming. I wish all meat-eaters could

face the experience of > > killing the animals that sustain them with as much grace as Bryan â> €" > > the world would be better for it.> > > ROSE TOCKE> > > Helena, Montana> > > The Vegetarian Choice> > > http://www.motherea rthnews.com/ Modern-Homestead ing/2007- 04-> > 01/Dear- Mother-April- May-2007. aspx> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox.

> > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. >

Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with for Good

ah, so you are one of those huh???

(sorry, i have no idea what i'm talking about...but if you all are going to be like this, i'm going to get my jabs in as well)

!!!!!!!!

Peter VV Feb 6, 2008 1:42 PM Re: Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution

Peter H

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Sent: Wednesday, 6 February, 2008 7:37:29 AM Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution

Hi PeterYou protest too much! There is a history of many years to this conversation, as you are well aware.You have shown your cards regarding England/English in the past - we have no reason to believe you have changed now.Jo@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> yep, because I dont consider them racist, you do, and the fact that you always bite encourages me to continue.... ......... you take lots of things far too seriously. If Wales had lost I would have taken it on the chin and laughed it off, and not made a comment like the one you made about England having so many injured players, insinuating that the only way Wales could win was by injuring them on purpose.> Lets recap> I said " oh by the way did I mention that Wales beat England" with a smilie face.> Next thing I know I am being accused of sniping and being racist.> I`m sorry Jo, but whenever I post something you dont like you realy seem to try your hardest to go on the offensive. It happens so often now that I mostly ignore it.> > Peter H > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 1:16:41 PM> Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > Do you feel as though you should be able to make racist comments > without anyone mentioning that you have?> > Jo> > @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> >> > And you bite every time.......: )> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> > @gro ups.com> > Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 7:36:45 AM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > If you remember a few years ago though, I, in my innocence, had > never > > realised there was any hatred emanating from Wales. If there is any > > bad feeling on my part now, it is because you have told us that the > > Welsh dislike the English and you take every opportunity available > to > > snipe. > > > > Jo> > > > @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> > >> > > And to be fair vice versa......> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ ...>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Monday, 4 February, 2008 9:38:25 AM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > > Hi Jo / Peter> > > > > > So, displaying a fairly standard Welsh attitude toward the > English?> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > - > > > jo > > > @gro ups.com > > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:41 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > ....but look how many injuries they had to cause to the England > > team to win!> > > > > > Jo> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:20 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > The best team won in the end!> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 11:18:39 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > Watch it!! Twas a good match - Wales not too good in first half, > > England not too good in second.> > > > > > Jo> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 9:22 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > I agree.> > > Oh by the way, did I mention that Wales beat England at rugby > today > > on English soil?....... ...:)> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ gmail.com>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 9:18:44 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I'd say it's rather lazy thinking. There is a certain validity in > > the suggestion that meat from local animals won't have any of > > the "travel miles" from exotic fruits. But, at the risk of a > terrible > > pun, it's comparing apples and pears... if he wanted to be truly > > environmentally friendly with his diet, he would compare the impact > > of localy farmed meat with the impact of locally farmed veg!> > > > > > And, as Katy's just pointed out, the feed for the animals on his > > local farm almost certainly will have a large number of travel > > miles... so, woolly thinking on his part all round.> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 8:46 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > Dont know what to make of this :> > > Thanks to Bryan Welch (â€Å"Why I Farm,� February/March > 2007) for > > his moving story of farm life. I have been mostly vegan for nearly > > three years, primarily to eat lower on the food chain and avoid the > > synthetic chemicals, hormones and antibiotics found in most animal > > products. I also choose this lifestyle in consideration of animalsâ> €™ > > lives, our planet’s well-being and conservation of resources.> > > Recently, however, I’ve begun to re-evaluate my choices > for a > > truly sustainable, healthy and environmentally sound diet. I’> m > > realizing that being vegan in Montana isn’t nearly as > sustainable > > as eating meat raised in a place like Bryan’s farm. My > endive and > > fig salad with orange-balsamic vinaigrette, nothing of which comes > > from anywhere near Montana, strains the environment more than meat > > and potatoes from right down the road.> > > Within the past year I’ve reintroduced the occasional meal > of > > wild game, hunted by some friends on land within miles of my home. > > I’ve accepted this meat back in my diet because I know how > and > > where the animal lived, what it ate and how it was killed.> > > My friends hunt with reverence and respect for the life of the > > animal and aim to be â€Å"one shot wonders.� They took me > hunting > > this fall. We didn’t kill an animal that day, but I am still > > committed to pursuing this experience. Although I await it with a > > sort of existential sadness. I fantasize of someday having a > modest, > > self-sustaining farm with a fabulous garden, a few chickens and > maybe > > some sheep or goats for meat, milk and fiber. That would be the > last > > step in my evolution as an omnivore. I deeply appreciate the > humility > > and depth of connection Bryan has with his farm and animals. His > > respect and reverence for their lives, and his honesty about > > confronting the life-death transition, are inspirational and > > affirming. I wish all meat-eaters could face the experience of > > killing the animals that sustain them with as much grace as Bryan â> €" > > the world would be better for it.> > > ROSE TOCKE> > > Helena, Montana> > > The Vegetarian Choice> > > http://www.motherea rthnews.com/ Modern-Homestead ing/2007- 04-> > 01/Dear- Mother-April- May-2007. aspx> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. >

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Confucius

Not at all surprised.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 6:42 PM

Re: Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution

Peter H

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Wednesday, 6 February, 2008 7:37:29 AM Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution

Hi PeterYou protest too much! There is a history of many years to this conversation, as you are well aware.You have shown your cards regarding England/English in the past - we have no reason to believe you have changed now.Jo@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> yep, because I dont consider them racist, you do, and the fact that you always bite encourages me to continue.... ......... you take lots of things far too seriously. If Wales had lost I would have taken it on the chin and laughed it off, and not made a comment like the one you made about England having so many injured players, insinuating that the only way Wales could win was by injuring them on purpose.> Lets recap> I said " oh by the way did I mention that Wales beat England" with a smilie face.> Next thing I know I am being accused of sniping and being racist.> I`m sorry Jo, but whenever I post something you dont like you realy seem to try your hardest to go on the offensive. It happens so often now that I mostly ignore it.> > Peter H > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 1:16:41 PM> Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > Do you feel as though you should be able to make racist comments > without anyone mentioning that you have?> > Jo> > @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> >> > And you bite every time.......: )> > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ ...>> > @gro ups.com> > Tuesday, 5 February, 2008 7:36:45 AM> > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > If you remember a few years ago though, I, in my innocence, had > never > > realised there was any hatred emanating from Wales. If there is any > > bad feeling on my part now, it is because you have told us that the > > Welsh dislike the English and you take every opportunity available > to > > snipe. > > > > Jo> > > > @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:> > >> > > And to be fair vice versa......> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ ...>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Monday, 4 February, 2008 9:38:25 AM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > >  > > > Hi Jo / Peter> > > > > > So, displaying a fairly standard Welsh attitude toward the > English?> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > - > > > jo > > > @gro ups.com > > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:41 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > ....but look how many injuries they had to cause to the England > > team to win!> > > > > > Jo> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:20 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > The best team won in the end!> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 11:18:39 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > Watch it!! Twas a good match - Wales not too good in first half, > > England not too good in second.> > > > > > Jo> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 9:22 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > I agree.> > > Oh by the way, did I mention that Wales beat England at rugby > today > > on English soil?....... ...:)> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > metalscarab <metalscarab@ gmail.com>> > > @gro ups.com> > > Saturday, 2 February, 2008 9:18:44 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > >  > > > Hi Peter> > > > > > I'd say it's rather lazy thinking. There is a certain validity in > > the suggestion that meat from local animals won't have any of > > the "travel miles" from exotic fruits. But, at the risk of a > terrible > > pun, it's comparing apples and pears... if he wanted to be truly > > environmentally friendly with his diet, he would compare the impact > > of localy farmed meat with the impact of locally farmed veg!> > > > > > And, as Katy's just pointed out, the feed for the animals on his > > local farm almost certainly will have a large number of travel > > miles... so, woolly thinking on his part all round.> > > > > > BB> > > Peter> > > - > > > Peter VV > > > @gro ups.com > > > Saturday, February 02, 2008 8:46 PM> > > Re: An Omnivore’s Evolution> > > > > > > > > Dont know what to make of this :> > > Thanks to Bryan Welch (â€Å"Why I Farm,� February/March > 2007) for > > his moving story of farm life. I have been mostly vegan for nearly > > three years, primarily to eat lower on the food chain and avoid the > > synthetic chemicals, hormones and antibiotics found in most animal > > products. I also choose this lifestyle in consideration of animalsâ> €™ > > lives, our planet’s well-being and conservation of resources.> > > Recently, however, I’ve begun to re-evaluate my choices > for a > > truly sustainable, healthy and environmentally sound diet. I’> m > > realizing that being vegan in Montana isn’t nearly as > sustainable > > as eating meat raised in a place like Bryan’s farm. My > endive and > > fig salad with orange-balsamic vinaigrette, nothing of which comes > > from anywhere near Montana, strains the environment more than meat > > and potatoes from right down the road.> > > Within the past year I’ve reintroduced the occasional meal > of > > wild game, hunted by some friends on land within miles of my home. > > I’ve accepted this meat back in my diet because I know how > and > > where the animal lived, what it ate and how it was killed.> > > My friends hunt with reverence and respect for the life of the > > animal and aim to be â€Å"one shot wonders.� They took me > hunting > > this fall. We didn’t kill an animal that day, but I am still > > committed to pursuing this experience. Although I await it with a > > sort of existential sadness. I fantasize of someday having a > modest, > > self-sustaining farm with a fabulous garden, a few chickens and > maybe > > some sheep or goats for meat, milk and fiber. That would be the > last > > step in my evolution as an omnivore. I deeply appreciate the > humility > > and depth of connection Bryan has with his farm and animals. His > > respect and reverence for their lives, and his honesty about > > confronting the life-death transition, are inspirational and > > affirming. I wish all meat-eaters could face the experience of > > killing the animals that sustain them with as much grace as Bryan â> €" > > the world would be better for it.> > > ROSE TOCKE> > > Helena, Montana> > > The Vegetarian Choice> > > http://www.motherea rthnews.com/ Modern-Homestead ing/2007- 04-> > 01/Dear- Mother-April- May-2007. aspx> > > > > > Peter H > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Sent from - a smarter inbox. > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> > Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. > >> > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Sent from Mail - a smarter inbox http://uk.mail. >