IndiaDivine.org

The Vegan Environmental Awards Spark Controversy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

OH MY GOD!!! HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THESE AWARDS UNTIL 10 MINUTES AGO?

Apparently, each year in the magical land of Bristol, England there’s an event called the Vegan Environmental Awards, which highlights all the great VEG stuff from the past year.

The latest drama surrounding the event is that Sir. Paul McCartney narrowly missed a nomination for the 2008 ethical Oscar while his estranged wife, Heather Mills McCartney, made it through.

The list of 64 other nominations includes groups like: Whole Foods, vegan campaigners such as Ingrid Newark from PETA, and the directors of Vegfam. Also, there’s a category for the best vegan shows like: Animal Aid’s Christmas Without Cruelty and The London Vegan Festival.

So head over to the Vegan Enviromental Awards website and vote on your favorite vegan products for a chance to win some cool prizes. Dear England, I’m super jealous that you’re more Veg-Friendly than we are. Love, Parrish.

4 Comments

Tagged: heather mills, ingrid newark, paul-mccartney

4 Responses to “The Vegan Environmental Awards Spark Controversyâ€

oakling says on February 15th, 2008 at 1:09 pm

They really are, darn them. But you know what? It’s a lot easier to effect social change when you live on a tiny little island!!

Inga Ambrosia says on February 15th, 2008 at 4:31 pm

That’s why we have to do something about it here. We’re just about ready to evolve into a plant-eating society, due to meat consumption restrictions that are right around the corner, and the environmental research that puts a vegan diet as the solution to the problem.

It’s happening, we just have to work a little faster and try harder.

~inga~

parrish says on February 15th, 2008 at 5:35 pm

Inga-Yes, Yes and Yes. Rock the vegan, Inga!

Vegan Future says on February 15th, 2008 at 6:22 pm

Now has never been a better time to go vegan. There are thousands of vegan products waiting for you in supermarkets and health stores. The vegan diet is the healthiest, the most humane and the most environmentally friendly. Give it a try! To order, or download, a free starter kit, visit http://www.goveg.com/order.asp?c=gvbanner01

Peter H

Sent from - a smarter inbox.

Heather Mills is vegan, while I believe Paul is veggie. Has anyone checked the McCartney sausage rolls etc to see if they still have hydrogenated fats?

Jo

-

Peter VV

Saturday, February 16, 2008 8:09 AM

Re: The Vegan Environmental Awards Spark Controversy

OH MY GOD!!! HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THESE AWARDS UNTIL 10 MINUTES AGO?

Apparently, each year in the magical land of Bristol, England there’s an event called the Vegan Environmental Awards, which highlights all the great VEG stuff from the past year.

The latest drama surrounding the event is that Sir. Paul McCartney narrowly missed a nomination for the 2008 ethical Oscar while his estranged wife, Heather Mills McCartney, made it through.

The list of 64 other nominations includes groups like: Whole Foods, vegan campaigners such as Ingrid Newark from PETA, and the directors of Vegfam. Also, there’s a category for the best vegan shows like: Animal Aid’s Christmas Without Cruelty and The London Vegan Festival.

So head over to the Vegan Enviromental Awards website and vote on your favorite vegan products for a chance to win some cool prizes. Dear England, I’m super jealous that you’re more Veg-Friendly than we are. Love, Parrish.

4 Comments

Tagged: heather mills, ingrid newark, paul-mccartney

4 Responses to “The Vegan Environmental Awards Spark Controversyâ€

oakling says on February 15th, 2008 at 1:09 pm

They really are, darn them. But you know what? It’s a lot easier to effect social change when you live on a tiny little island!!

Inga Ambrosia says on February 15th, 2008 at 4:31 pm

That’s why we have to do something about it here. We’re just about ready to evolve into a plant-eating society, due to meat consumption restrictions that are right around the corner, and the environmental research that puts a vegan diet as the solution to the problem.

It’s happening, we just have to work a little faster and try harder.

~inga~

parrish says on February 15th, 2008 at 5:35 pm

Inga-Yes, Yes and Yes. Rock the vegan, Inga!

Vegan Future says on February 15th, 2008 at 6:22 pm

Now has never been a better time to go vegan. There are thousands of vegan products waiting for you in supermarkets and health stores. The vegan diet is the healthiest, the most humane and the most environmentally friendly. Give it a try! To order, or download, a free starter kit, visit http://www.goveg.com/order.asp?c=gvbanner01

Peter H

Sent from - a smarter inbox.