IndiaDivine.org

Flore Vegan Cuisine: Tasty organic wraps

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Flore Vegan Cuisine's been on my list of restaurants to try for a long while. Vegan, organic, and -- according to other people's blog reviews -- very yummy. The one problem: Flore's all the way in Silver Lake -- which is practically a different country from Santa Monica, where I live.

But on Wednesday, I braved the traffic -- and was rewarded with a tasty quinoa tabouli wrap (above), served with a side of fruit (you can also opt for a potato or side salad). With it, I sipped an organic juice concoction called "Refresh" -- mainly fresh carrot juice with a healthy kick of ginger.

Everything at Flore's organic and vegan, including the Intelligentsia Coffee, Frontier Tea, kombucha, and organic cola. The Silver Lake crowd seems to love Flore; most tables were full at 4 pm on a Wednesday. The outdoor seating can get a tad noisy from the heavy traffic on Sunset, but it's not so loud that you can't hold a good conversation.

I'm going to try one of the decadent desserts the next time I go back -- though considering the fact that the drive took me 1.5 hours in midday traffic, I might have to wait until L.A. gets a full rail system....

Flore Vegan Cuisine. 3818 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles. (323) 953-0611.

Second from top photo by Siel; all other photos by Shane Redsar

Peter H

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Inbox.

Guest guest

looks yummy...

wraps are auch a SoCal thing

Peter VV Mar 29, 2008 6:52 AM Re: Flore Vegan Cuisine: Tasty organic wraps

Flore Vegan Cuisine's been on my list of restaurants to try for a long while. Vegan, organic, and -- according to other people's blog reviews -- very yummy. The one problem: Flore's all the way in Silver Lake -- which is practically a different country from Santa Monica, where I live.

But on Wednesday, I braved the traffic -- and was rewarded with a tasty quinoa tabouli wrap (above), served with a side of fruit (you can also opt for a potato or side salad). With it, I sipped an organic juice concoction called "Refresh" -- mainly fresh carrot juice with a healthy kick of ginger.

Everything at Flore's organic and vegan, including the Intelligentsia Coffee, Frontier Tea, kombucha, and organic cola. The Silver Lake crowd seems to love Flore; most tables were full at 4 pm on a Wednesday. The outdoor seating can get a tad noisy from the heavy traffic on Sunset, but it's not so loud that you can't hold a good conversation.

I'm going to try one of the decadent desserts the next time I go back -- though considering the fact that the drive took me 1.5 hours in midday traffic, I might have to wait until L.A. gets a full rail system....

Flore Vegan Cuisine. 3818 W. Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles. (323) 953-0611.

Second from top photo by Siel; all other photos by Shane Redsar

Peter H

Sent from Mail. A Smarter Inbox.

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain