IndiaDivine.org

Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi all (and particularly Peter VV and your compatriots!)

Thought I'd forward this on... apologies for the slightly overblown language, the group this comes from ar every good at over-blowing everything!!!!

BB

Peter

FW: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

SLAUGHTER OF THE INNOCENT

SUPPORT BOYCOTT UNLESS THE KILLING IS CALLED OFF

The Welsh Assembly Government (a coalition of Labour and Plaid Cymru) has announced it is to slaughter badgers in a sacrificial bloodbath to appease the farming lobby.

Not content with pocketing millions from tax payers in subsidies, the farming unions (backed as we know by Prince Charles who has been pressing for badgers to be slaughtered) are being offered up the lives of thousands of badgers in a policy that is medieval, barbaric and scientifically illiterate.

There is to be a vote on the issue this coming Tuesday in the Assembly, at present not many details of this are known but initial indications are that hardly any AMs are prepared to vote against the slaughter.

IF YOU LIVE IN WALES PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ASSEMBLY MEMBER BY E MAIL URGENTLY THIS WEEKEND.

You can find your AM at the link below.

http://www.assemblywales.org/memhome/member-search.htm

In addition, please contact the following with your views, if you have not done so already. You can do this even if you do not live in Wales.

Plans are underway to co-ordinate an economic boycott unless the WAG backs off the killing policy.

Please make it clear to these individuals that you will not only boycott farm produce from Wales but also holidays, services etc.

The Welsh First Minister is Rhodri Morgan

rhodri.morgan

Environment Minister (Jane Davies)

PS.Minister.for.ESH

The instigator of the slaughter -Rural Affairs Minister Elin Jones

Correspondence.Elin.Jones

Tourism/heritage Minister

Rhodri Glyn Thomas

correspondence.rhodri.glyn.

TELL THE WELSH TOURIST BOARD YOU WILL NOT BE VISITING/HOLIDAYING IN WALES AND WHY

E MAIL:

info

for Good helps you make a difference

Have you played Fishticuffs? Get fish-slapping on Messenger

Guest guest

Spent half my working day sending out e-mails to everyone to get them to send out e-mails to the Welsh Assembly on Thursday!

Peter H

Peter <metalscarab Sent: Sunday, 13 April, 2008 5:50:11 PM Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

Hi all (and particularly Peter VV and your compatriots! )

Thought I'd forward this on... apologies for the slightly overblown language, the group this comes from ar every good at over-blowing everything!! !!

BB

Peter

The Welsh Assembly Government (a coalition of Labour and Plaid Cymru) has announced it is to slaughter badgers in a sacrificial bloodbath to appease the farming lobby.

Not content with pocketing millions from tax payers in subsidies, the farming unions (backed as we know by Prince Charles who has been pressing for badgers to be slaughtered) are being offered up the lives of thousands of badgers in a policy that is medieval, barbaric and scientifically illiterate.

There is to be a vote on the issue this coming Tuesday in the Assembly, at present not many details of this are known but initial indications are that hardly any AMs are prepared to vote against the slaughter.

IF YOU LIVE IN WALES PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ASSEMBLY MEMBER BY E MAIL URGENTLY THIS WEEKEND.

http://www.assembly wales.org/ memhome/member- search.htm

In addition, please contact the following with your views, if you have not done so already. You can do this even if you do not live in Wales.

Plans are underway to co-ordinate an economic boycott unless the WAG backs off the killing policy.

Please make it clear to these individuals that you will not only boycott farm produce from Wales but also holidays, services etc.

rhodri.morgan@ wales.gsi. gov.uk

PS.Minister. for.ESH (AT) wales (DOT) gsi.gov.uk

Correspondence. Elin.Jones@ wales.gsi. gov.uk

Rhodri Glyn Thomas

correspondence. rhodri.glyn. thomas (AT) wales (DOT) gsi.gov.uk

TELL THE WELSH TOURIST BOARD YOU WILL NOT BE VISITING/HOLIDAYING IN WALES AND WHY

E MAIL:

info (AT) visitwales (DOT) co.uk

Have you played Fishticuffs? Get fish-slapping on Messenger

Guest guest

you work on sundays?

good luck with the campaign!

Peter VV Apr 13, 2008 12:53 PM Re: Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

Spent half my working day sending out e-mails to everyone to get them to send out e-mails to the Welsh Assembly on Thursday!

Peter H

Peter <metalscarab Sent: Sunday, 13 April, 2008 5:50:11 PM Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

Thought I'd forward this on... apologies for the slightly overblown language, the group this comes from ar every good at over-blowing everything!! !!

BB

Peter

Rhodri Glyn Thomas

E MAIL:

for Good helps you make a differenceHave you played Fishticuffs? Get fish-slapping on Messenger

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Okay. This raises a few questions for me that may keep me up at night if I do not ask them.

1. What are badgers?

2. We have possums here where I live. Is that a badger?

3. Why does Prince Charles hate badgers?

4. Why does the Welsh Assembly want to kill badgers?

5. Possums are a load of serious ugly. Are badgers ugly?

6. I think I dated a possum once. Yep; back in the 60's. But given the era, who knows who I dated. We all kind of looked like possums during that era.

Cyn (<---a somewhat befuddled Yankee)

-------------- Original message -------------- fraggle <EBbrewpunx

you work on sundays?

Peter VV Apr 13, 2008 12:53 PM Re: Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

Peter H

Peter <metalscarab > Sent: Sunday, 13 April, 2008 5:50:11 PM Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

BB

Peter

Rhodri Glyn Thomas

E MAIL:

for Good helps you make a differenceHave you played Fishticuffs? Get fish-slapping on Messenger

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Hi Cynthia

> 1. What are badgers?

The things in the huge picture at the start of the article!!!!!

> 4. Why does the Welsh Assembly want to kill badgers?

Because badgers are rather unscientifically accused of spreading bovine TB. Basically, it's finding a scape-goat for poor farming methods, and keeping farmers happy!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

badgers are members of the weasel family

we have a related species here in the US....

one of the colleges in wisconsin has a badger as its mascot...

possums (oppossums) are marsupials, pouched mammals......

cynthiaandtheothers Apr 13, 2008 5:58 PM Re: Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

Okay. This raises a few questions for me that may keep me up at night if I do not ask them.

1. What are badgers?

2. We have possums here where I live. Is that a badger?

3. Why does Prince Charles hate badgers?

4. Why does the Welsh Assembly want to kill badgers?

5. Possums are a load of serious ugly. Are badgers ugly?

6. I think I dated a possum once. Yep; back in the 60's. But given the era, who knows who I dated. We all kind of looked like possums during that era.

Cyn (<---a somewhat befuddled Yankee)

-------------- Original message -------------- fraggle <EBbrewpunx

you work on sundays?

Peter H

Peter <metalscarab > Sent: Sunday, 13 April, 2008 5:50:11 PM Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

BB

Peter

Rhodri Glyn Thomas

E MAIL:

for Good helps you make a differenceWhat gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

wHAT???????????????????

Didnt I say on Thursday in my reply???????????

confusled am I ..........

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Sunday, 13 April, 2008 10:12:32 PMRe: Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

you work on sundays?

Peter VV Apr 13, 2008 12:53 PM @gro ups.com Re: Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

Peter H

Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comSunday, 13 April, 2008 5:50:11 PM Fw: TELL THE WELSH ASSEMBLY GOVERNMENT TO BACK OFF BADGERS

BB

Peter

Rhodri Glyn Thomas

E MAIL:

- Mark Twain