IndiaDivine.org

MY FAVOURITE RICE SALAD

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I forgot to post the link!

http://www.pakupaku.info/dotties_salad.shtml

I didnt use the pickled jalapenos or use chili powder, just used three dried chilies from last years crop.

You will need about a bunch and a half of spring onions though.

mmmmmmmmmmm

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Saturday, 15 March, 2008 9:29:07 PMRe: spanikopita

you don't have "cup" as a measurement?

how odd

learn something new everyday

United States "legal" cup

The cup currently used in the United States for nutrition labelling is defined in United States law[6] as 240 ml.[7][8]

1 U.S. "legal" cup

=

millilitres

=

international tablespoons

=

Australian tablespoons

≈

U.S. customary fluid ounces

≈

imperial fluid ounces

Peter VV Mar 15, 2008 8:49 AM @gro ups.com Re: spanikopita

Hmmm,

Nutritional yeast? never seen it anywhere. Marmite do?

can you use ground almonds instead of walnuts?

oh and what is a cup as a measurement, in real money?

I can honestly say I have never seen fresh dill, will dried do?

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>vegan chat <@gro ups.com>Friday, 14 March, 2008 10:21:41 PM spanikopita

here ya go peterIngredients½ cup olive oil + plus 2 tablespoons2 bunches fresh spinach, cleaned and de-stemmed 1 bunch of scallions/green onions, finely chopped3 cloves garlic, minced 1 cup fresh dill, chopped 2 pounds firm tofu 1/3 cup lemon juice 2 teaspoon dried oregano dash of nutmeg ¾ cup walnuts, ground ¼ cup nutritional yeast 1 teaspoon salt pepper to taste1 pound filo/phyllo pastry doughDirections Preheat oven to 375º. Heat 2 T oil, add spinach, green onion, garlic, and dill, and sauté, stirring frequently until spinach is limp and the liquid that sweats out has boiled away. Set aside.Drain tofu, wrap in towel(s), and press out excess liquid. PLace in bowl and use whisk (or your hands) to mash it. Add spinach, lemon juice, oregano, nutmeg, walnuts, ¼ c olive oil, yeast, salt, and pepper and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings.Lay out a sheet of

filo in the baking dish (it will overlap the sides). Brush with oil, lay another on top, brush with oil, and repeat for a total of 8 sheets.Spread half of the spinach mixture over the dough. Lay out another 8 sheets of filo as above. Spread the rest of the spinach on top, then lay out the rest of the filo.Brush the top with oil and tuck the edges of the filo sheets into the pan. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes, until golden-brown and crispy.What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.- Mark Twain

Rise to the challenge for Sport Relief with for Good

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.