Over 100 Wolves Killed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Un | Forward to a Friend | Take Action

Urge Congress to Stop Aerial Hunting of Wolves

Forward to a friend >>Read the petition >>

Hi Fraggle,

At least 117 wolves have been killed in Alaska this winter under the state's controversial aerial hunting program.

It is time to end this brutal practice. Urge your representative to co-sponsor the Protect America's Wildlife (PAW) Act today!

Thirty five years ago, Congress passed a law to put an end to aerial hunting. But Alaska is exploiting a loophole in federal law to resume the practice for both wolves and bears.

Other states threaten to follow Alaska's lead. It's been just 42 days since wolves were stripped of federal protections in the Greater Yellowstone area - and at least 17 wolves have already been killed in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.

Congress can stop this cruelty now. Please urge your representative to close this federal loophole and end aerial hunting before another wolf dies.Thank you for caring and making a difference,

Rebecca Young,Care2 and ThePetitionSite Team

To stop receiving this newsletter, visit: http://www.care2.com/newsletters/unsub/11/0/2650228/a916565c or send a blank email message to:ng-u-11-2650228-6328475-10901820-935c2691 Care2.com, Inc.275 Shoreline Drive, Suite 300Redwood City, CA 94065http://www.care2.com

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

sorry but i found this disturbing. we all know this goes on, i just prefer not to hear about it in this group. if i must, i'll leave the group. i hesitated in joining for a long time for fear i'd see emails about this stuff. im already vegan because of how painful these topics are to me. but i just can't be exposed to it.

ann.

http://www.annshrader.myarbonne.com

Vegan beauty and health & wellness products!

fraggle <EBbrewpunxvegan chat Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:48:51 AM Re: Over 100 Wolves Killed

Hi Fraggle,

At least 117 wolves have been killed in Alaska this winter under the state's controversial aerial hunting program.

It is time to end this brutal practice. Urge your representative to co-sponsor the Protect America's Wildlife (PAW) Act today!

Thirty five years ago, Congress passed a law to put an end to aerial hunting. But Alaska is exploiting a loophole in federal law to resume the practice for both wolves and bears.

Other states threaten to follow Alaska's lead. It's been just 42 days since wolves were stripped of federal protections in the Greater Yellowstone area - and at least 17 wolves have already been killed in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming.

Congress can stop this cruelty now. Please urge your representative to close this federal loophole and end aerial hunting before another wolf dies.Thank you for caring and making a difference,

To stop receiving this newsletter, visit: http://www.care2. com/newsletters/ unsub/11/ 0/2650228/ a916565c or send a blank email message to:ng-u-11-2650228- 6328475-10901820 -935c2691@ australia. care2.com Care2.com, Inc.275 Shoreline Drive, Suite 300Redwood City, CA 94065http://www.care2. com

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Hi Ann

Just to answer your below from the point of view of a moderator - we don't censor what people can and can't post: the only provisions being that people remain polite, don't post anything illegal, and keep in mind that we are here for vegans, so ask people not to post things that are clearly designed to inflame vegan sensibilities!

You're very welcome to ask people not to post anything particular, but as moderators, we won't prevent them from posting this sort of thing.

Hopefully people will generally use the subject headers sensibly, so if you see a header you don't like the look of, you can always delete without reading :-)

BB

Peter

-

Marcie Jones

Monday, May 12, 2008 8:01 AM

Re: Re: Over 100 Wolves Killed

sorry but i found this disturbing. we all know this goes on, i just prefer not to hear about it in this group. if i must, i'll leave the group. i hesitated in joining for a long time for fear i'd see emails about this stuff. im already vegan because of how painful these topics are to me. but i just can't be exposed to it.

ann.

Guest guest

Hi,

I haven't ever spoke up in the group, and I apologize for not introducing myself

and then just chiming in at my own whimsy, but I felt compelled to speak.

I understand we are all like-minded in a lot of ways, and in a vegan group, it

pretty much goes without saying that anything regarding animals being treated

poorly is going to upset people. I do understand that. However, an e-mail that

speaks of an animal atrocity and has a call to action and a link where you can

make your voice heard is important if we are ever to affect any changes in the

world. As vegans, I think we understand more than most people do that ignoring

things that go on in the world because they make us feel bad will not change

things. We have to be strong enough to face the things that upset us if we are

ever going to make a difference. We have to make our voices heard for the

animals since they cannot speak for themselves. I really think this is our

responsibility, and we need to face it.

I know it is upsetting, but that should call us into action, not make us turn

our heads.

-Wendy

>

> marciesaysimsmart

> Mon, 12 May 2008 00:01:12 -0700

> Re: Re: Over 100 Wolves Killed

>

>

> sorry but i found this disturbing. we all know this goes on, i just prefer not

to hear about it in this group. if i must, i'll leave the group. i hesitated in

joining for a long time for fear i'd see emails about this stuff. im already

vegan because of how painful these topics are to me. but i just can't be exposed

to it.

>

> ann.

>

> http://www.annshrader.myarbonne.com

> Vegan beauty and health & wellness products!

>

>

>

>

>

> fraggle

Get Free (PRODUCT) RED™ Emoticons, Winks and Display Pics.

http://joinred.spaces.live.com?ocid=TXT_HMTG_prodredemoticons_052008

Guest guest

Best to just delete them if you don't like reading about them.

Jo

-

Marcie Jones

Monday, May 12, 2008 8:01 AM

Re: Re: Over 100 Wolves Killed

ann.

http://www.annshrader.myarbonne.com

Vegan beauty and health & wellness products!

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>vegan chat Saturday, May 10, 2008 9:48:51 AM Re: Over 100 Wolves Killed

Hi Fraggle,

To stop receiving this newsletter, visit: http://www.care2. com/newsletters/ unsub/11/ 0/2650228/ a916565c or send a blank email message to:ng-u-11-2650228- 6328475-10901820 -935c2691@ australia. care2.com Care2.com, Inc.275 Shoreline Drive, Suite 300Redwood City, CA 94065http://www.care2. com What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Thanks Peter. I have now changed my mail setting to not automatically go to the next message upon deleting the first one.

:)