Deodorant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi, Vegans!

I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or products that you

swear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of products that

are cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical spray or

roll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to be true?

Probably!

Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...

--Chanda in Demorest, GA

Guest guest

dear extra sweaty:

my wife and i use the crystal salt type product which seems to

work fine. here's an example (i assume they are all the same core

ingredient; i'm not sure which one we buy at the co op):

http://www.vegangoods.com/store/product.php?productid=242 & cat=0 & page=1

keeps you

smelling like yourself all day! but of course doesn't stop your sweat

coming out...that is a good thing.

;^)

blake

Hi, Vegans!

I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or products that

you

swear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of products

that

are cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical spray

or

roll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to be

true?

Probably!

Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...

--Chanda in Demorest, GA

Guest guest

HI Chanda

I use Pitrok spray, which seems okay, but I don't like to get very hot, so can't swear as to it's effectiveness.

Jo

-

Chanda M. DeFoor

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:07 PM

Deodorant

Hi, Vegans!I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or products that you swear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of products that are cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical spray or roll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to be true? Probably!Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...--Chanda in Demorest, GA

Guest guest

Hi Blake

I think the liquid one I use is based on the crystal one - seems good to me.

Jo

-

Blake Wilson

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:53 PM

Re: Deodorant

dear extra sweaty:

my wife and i use the crystal salt type product which seems to work fine. here's an example (i assume they are all the same core ingredient; i'm not sure which one we buy at the co op):

http://www.vegangoods.com/store/product.php?productid=242 & cat=0 & page=1

keeps you smelling like yourself all day! but of course doesn't stop your sweat coming out...that is a good thing.

;^)

blake

Hi, Vegans!I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or products that youswear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of products thatare cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical spray orroll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to be true?Probably!Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...--Chanda in Demorest, GA

Guest guest

Hi Chanda

I don't know whether you have Lush over in the US - if you have, they do some good vegan deoderants (I've got a pot of deoderant that has so far lasted me 6 months, and is still hardly dented - I reckon I'll be retired before I need to buy a new one!!!!)

BB

Peter

-

Chanda M. DeFoor

Deodorant

Hi, Vegans!I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or products that you swear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of products that are cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical spray or roll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to be true? Probably!Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...--Chanda in Demorest, GA

Guest guest

Deodorants only mask the smell of sweat, the one I use is a Jason aloe vera, doesnt smell of much, but the do other smells.......

Peter H

Chanda M. DeFoor <chanda.defoor Sent: Tuesday, 13 May, 2008 7:07:06 PM Deodorant

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

what about Avon?

-

Peter

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:21 PM

Hi Chanda

I don't know whether you have Lush over in the US - if you have, they do some good vegan deoderants (I've got a pot of deoderant that has so far lasted me 6 months, and is still hardly dented - I reckon I'll be retired before I need to buy a new one!!!!)

BB

Peter

-

Chanda M. DeFoor

Deodorant

Guest guest

Do Avon do vegan toiletries now?

JO

, " angelicammo " <angelicammo

wrote:

>

> what about Avon?

> -

> Peter

>

> Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:21 PM

> Re: Deodorant

>

>

>

> Hi Chanda

>

> I don't know whether you have Lush over in the US - if you have,

they do some good vegan deoderants (I've got a pot of deoderant that

has so far lasted me 6 months, and is still hardly dented - I reckon

I'll be retired before I need to buy a new one!!!!)

>

> BB

> Peter

> -

> Chanda M. DeFoor

>

> Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:07 PM

> Deodorant

>

>

> Hi, Vegans!

> I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or

products that you

> swear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of

products that

> are cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical

spray or

> roll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to

be true?

> Probably!

>

> Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...

> --Chanda in Demorest, GA

>

Guest guest

No Jo, only Arbonne does vegan beauty and health & wellness products. All other companies use animal products or animal by-products, plus - other companies test on animals. You can view Arbonne products here: http://www.annshrader.myarbonne.com

Ann.

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:37:59 PM Re: Deodorant

Do Avon do vegan toiletries now?JO@gro ups.com, "angelicammo" <angelicammo@ ...> wrote:>> what about Avon?> - > Peter > @gro ups.com > Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:21 PM> Re: Deodorant> > > > Hi Chanda> > I don't know whether you have Lush over in the US - if you have, they do some good vegan deoderants (I've got a pot of deoderant that has so far lasted me 6 months, and is still hardly dented - I reckon I'll be retired before I need to buy a new one!!!!)> > BB>

Peter> - > Chanda M. DeFoor > @gro ups.com > Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:07 PM> Deodorant> > > Hi, Vegans!> I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or products that you > swear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of products that > are cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical spray or > roll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to be true? > Probably!> > Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...> --Chanda in Demorest, GA>

Guest guest

Hi

> No Jo, only Arbonne does vegan beauty and health & wellness products. All other companies use animal products or animal by-products, plus - other

> companies test on animals. You can view Arbonne products here: http://www.annshrader.myarbonne.com

I don't think that's quite accurate. I can think of at least two other companies who do vegan products of that nature: Lush (who actively campaign for an end to vivisection), and Newways. I'm sure there are many more out there that I just haven't thought of straight off!

BB

Peter

Guest guest

"I think" they don't test on animals and if you look at the ingredients of the deodorant I "think" its fine. let me know if I am nuts on this! I called Avon that's what they said- they don't call it vegan I think mostly just cause its not the most natural?

-

heartwerk

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:37 AM

Do Avon do vegan toiletries now?JO , "angelicammo" <angelicammo wrote:>> what about Avon?> - > Peter > > Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:21 PM> Re: Deodorant> > > > Hi Chanda> > I don't know whether you have Lush over in the US - if you have, they do some good vegan deoderants (I've got a pot of deoderant that has so far lasted me 6 months, and is still hardly dented - I reckon I'll be retired before I need to buy a new one!!!!)> > BB> Peter> - > Chanda M. DeFoor > > Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:07 PM> Deodorant> > > Hi, Vegans!> I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or products that you > swear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of products that > are cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical spray or > roll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to be true? > Probably!> > Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...> --Chanda in Demorest, GA>

Guest guest

That's not true. There are quite a few companies that make animal free/not tested products.

Jo

On 14/05/2008, Marcie Jones <marciesaysimsmart wrote:

No Jo, only Arbonne does vegan beauty and health & wellness products. All other companies use animal products or animal by-products, plus - other companies test on animals. You can view Arbonne products here: http://www.annshrader.myarbonne.com

Ann.

heartwerk <jo.heartwork

Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:37:59 PM Re: Deodorant

Do Avon do vegan toiletries now?JO@gro ups.com, " angelicammo " <angelicammo@ ...>

wrote:>> what about Avon?> - > Peter > @gro ups.com

> Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:21 PM> Re: Deodorant> > > > Hi Chanda> > I don't know whether you have Lush over in the US - if you have, they do some good vegan deoderants (I've got a pot of deoderant that

has so far lasted me 6 months, and is still hardly dented - I reckon I'll be retired before I need to buy a new one!!!!)> > BB> Peter> - > Chanda M. DeFoor

> @gro ups.com > Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:07 PM

> Deodorant> > > Hi, Vegans!> I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or products that you > swear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of

products that > are cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical spray or > roll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to be true? > Probably!> > Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...

> --Chanda in Demorest, GA>

Guest guest

while avon doesn't test on animals, some of their products do contain animal derived ingredients...

i read this explanation they sent out about the how's and why's, and after going cross -eyed reading it (it seemed to be full of double speak, cover my ass type writing) it just seemed to say "some of our stuff is vegan, guess!"

i'll see if i can dig up the letter

angelicammo May 13, 2008 3:37 PM Re: Deodorant

what about Avon?

-

Peter

Hi Chanda

BB

Peter

-

Chanda M. DeFoor

Deodorant

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

here is the letter from avon

Thank you for your recent enquiry concerning Avon products suitable for vegans. Please be assured that Avon practise strict quality control procedures to ensure that a product is only marketed once we are entirely happy with the overall performance in terms of safety and quality. All our products go through rigorous safety testing procedures both for raw ingredients and finished formulations before they are released. A large proportion of Avon products are free from animal ingredients, however some products do contain ingredients derived from animal sources. I can assure you that any ingredients of this nature are by-products of the food industry and that no animals are destroyed purely to provide ingredients for Avon products. Due to the extensive range of products in our current range, which is constantly changing, to provide a list of those containing specific ingredients would take considerable work and resources. At this point in time, our Quality Department is unable to undertake an exercise to produce a list. However, all Avon products now declare a list of ingredients on the packaging or product in accordance with EU legislation. Our Quality Department have advised me, Avon do not use any animal by products. Lipsticks are primarily a mixture of Oils, Waxes and Pigments. The Oils used are mainly vegetable or petrochemical origin. The waxes are natural, such as Beeswax or Petrochemical, e.g. Microcrystalline Petrolium Wax. The pigments are chemically approved for the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Industry. Some ingredients used by Avon and throughout the Cosmetic Industry are chemical derivatives of materials obtained as by-products of the food industry. We are often asked to recommend lipsticks suitable for vegetarians. Avon’s Colour Trend range of lipsticks contain lanolin, which many vegetarians find acceptable because lanolin is derived from the fleece of sheep. I hope you will find this information helpful. Yours sincerely

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

here's a company that carries a whole bunch of stuff over on yer side of the pond

http://www.honestycosmetics.co.uk/index.shtml

Peter May 14, 2008 1:43 AM Re: Re: Deodorant

Hi

> No Jo, only Arbonne does vegan beauty and health & wellness products. All other companies use animal products or animal by-products, plus - other

> companies test on animals. You can view Arbonne products here: http://www.annshrader.myarbonne.com

I don't think that's quite accurate. I can think of at least two other companies who do vegan products of that nature: Lush (who actively campaign for an end to vivisection), and Newways. I'm sure there are many more out there that I just haven't thought of straight off!

BB

Peter

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Hi Ann, Full marks for advertising, but strictly not true. Lush do vegan products in the UK, as do Honesty, and also imported products by Jason etc.

Cant blame you for trying, what a salesperson!

Peter H

Marcie Jones <marciesaysimsmart Sent: Wednesday, 14 May, 2008 8:01:16 AMRe: Re: Deodorant

No Jo, only Arbonne does vegan beauty and health & wellness products. All other companies use animal products or animal by-products, plus - other companies test on animals. You can view Arbonne products here: http://www.annshrad er.myarbonne. com

Ann.

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comTuesday, May 13, 2008 11:37:59 PM Re: Deodorant

Do Avon do vegan toiletries now?JO@gro ups.com, "angelicammo" <angelicammo@ ...> wrote:>> what about Avon?> - > Peter > @gro ups.com > Tuesday, May 13, 2008 4:21 PM> Re: Deodorant> > > > Hi Chanda> > I don't know whether you have Lush over in the US - if you have, they do some good vegan deoderants (I've got a pot of deoderant that has so far lasted me 6 months, and is still hardly dented - I reckon I'll be retired before I need to buy a new one!!!!)> > BB>

Peter> - > Chanda M. DeFoor > @gro ups.com > Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:07 PM> Deodorant> > > Hi, Vegans!> I am wondering if any of you have any special tips or products that you > swear by in the line of deodorants. I have tried lots of products that > are cruelty-free, but I would love to find that one magical spray or > roll-on that keeps me smelling fresh all day... Too good to be true? > Probably!> > Maybe I'm just extra sweaty...> --Chanda in Demorest, GA>

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

Nope.

Peter H

angelicammo <angelicammo Sent: Tuesday, 13 May, 2008 11:37:20 PMRe: Deodorant

what about Avon?

-

Peter

@gro ups.com

Hi Chanda

BB

Peter

-

Chanda M. DeFoor

@gro ups.com

Deodorant

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

so? that means their product are or are not tested on animals? cause if your selective in the ingredients and its not tested on animals then the deodorants and other items could be ok for vegans right?

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 12:54 PM

Re: Re: Deodorant

Thank you for your recent enquiry concerning Avon products suitable for vegans. Please be assured that Avon practise strict quality control procedures to ensure that a product is only marketed once we are entirely happy with the overall performance in terms of safety and quality. All our products go through rigorous safety testing procedures both for raw ingredients and finished formulations before they are released. A large proportion of Avon products are free from animal ingredients, however some products do contain ingredients derived from animal sources. I can assure you that any ingredients of this nature are by-products of the food industry and that no animals are destroyed purely to provide ingredients for Avon products. Due to the extensive range of products in our current range, which is constantly changing, to provide a list of those containing specific ingredients would take considerable work and resources. At this point in time, our Quality Department is unable to undertake an exercise to produce a list. However, all Avon products now declare a list of ingredients on the packaging or product in accordance with EU legislation. Our Quality Department have advised me, Avon do not use any animal by products. Lipsticks are primarily a mixture of Oils, Waxes and Pigments. The Oils used are mainly vegetable or petrochemical origin. The waxes are natural, such as Beeswax or Petrochemical, e.g. Microcrystalline Petrolium Wax. The pigments are chemically approved for the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Industry. Some ingredients used by Avon and throughout the Cosmetic Industry are chemical derivatives of materials obtained as by-products of the food industry. We are often asked to recommend lipsticks suitable for vegetarians. Avon’s Colour Trend range of lipsticks contain lanolin, which many vegetarians find acceptable because lanolin is derived from the fleece of sheep. I hope you will find this information helpful. Yours sincerely

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

oh ok LOL wrote the last one not reading this one! thanks answers my question!

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 12:47 PM

while avon doesn't test on animals, some of their products do contain animal derived ingredients...

i read this explanation they sent out about the how's and why's, and after going cross -eyed reading it (it seemed to be full of double speak, cover my ass type writing) it just seemed to say "some of our stuff is vegan, guess!"

i'll see if i can dig up the letter

angelicammo May 13, 2008 3:37 PM Re: Deodorant

what about Avon?

-

Peter

Hi Chanda

BB

Peter

-

Chanda M. DeFoor

Deodorant

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

That's what I thought - lanolin etc. and the oils used are 'mainly' vegetable. Unfortunately that is not good enough.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 5:54 PM

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Honesty are a good company, and have been going for many years. They were the first company I bought from when trying to find animal free products :-) There are also companies like Faith in Nature, Jason, Avalon.

BBJo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:00 PM

here's a company that carries a whole bunch of stuff over on yer side of the pond

http://www.honestycosmetics.co.uk/index.shtml

Peter May 14, 2008 1:43 AM Re: Re: Deodorant

Hi

BB

Peter

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Aveda makes vegan products, and Whole Foods carries quite a few as well. You

have to read the labels at Whole Foods, though, because even though they only

carry products not tested on animals, a lot of them have honey, beeswax, carmine

or things like that. Aveda has a few products with honey and beeswax, but most

of them don't. Beauty Without Cruelty makes a vegan line, and there are others

but I can't remember them at the moment!

-Wendy

>

> jo.heartwork

> Wed, 14 May 2008 19:26:28 +0100

> Re: Re: Deodorant

>

>

> 

> Hi Fraggle

>

> That's what I thought - lanolin etc. and the oils used are 'mainly' vegetable.

Unfortunately that is not good enough.

>

> BB

> Jo

>

> -

> fraggle

Make Windows Vista more reliable and secure with Windows Vista Service Pack 1.

http://www.windowsvista.com/SP1?WT.mc_id=hotmailvistasp1banner

Guest guest

Thank you for responding to me about the vegan sweat cover-ups! :) I

also have found that the salt crystal combined with Weleda sage spray

does the best for me. It's certainly nothing like antiperspirant, but it

is the best combo I have tried. I can't tell you how many bottles of

different ones I have!

~Chanda in Demorest, GA

Guest guest

I'm glad you have found ones that suit you.

Jo

-

Chanda M. DeFoor

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 10:07 PM

RE: Deodorant

Thank you for responding to me about the vegan sweat cover-ups! :) I also have found that the salt crystal combined with Weleda sage spray does the best for me. It's certainly nothing like antiperspirant, but it is the best combo I have tried. I can't tell you how many bottles of different ones I have!~Chanda in Demorest, GA

Guest guest

Natures Gate makes a good deoderent--- On Wed, 5/14/08, Chanda M. DeFoor <chanda.defoor wrote:

Chanda M. DeFoor <chanda.defoor RE: Deodorant Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2008, 9:07 PM

Thank you for responding to me about the vegan sweat cover-ups! :) I also have found that the salt crystal combined with Weleda sage spray does the best for me. It's certainly nothing like antiperspirant, but it is the best combo I have tried. I can't tell you how many bottles of different ones I have!~Chanda in Demorest, GA