some quality flours, salt, and some sugar and water, and watched it

rise, rise, RISE....very exciting....

i then mixed in a bunch of 'fridge stuff like olives, basil, garlic,

and then some rosemary from the (neighbor's) garden, and poured some

EVOOO into a 9 inch pie pan and dusted with corn meal. i pounded the

doh out flat, dusted again with the meal, and nestled it into the

pan. my finger dipped the doh all over, and i dumped about a quarter

cup of the oil over the top and sprinkled this crunchy salt over the

top. 20 minutes in a 450 degree oven, then...culinary nirvana. wow.

better than anything from any restaurant/shop. seriously. and it

wasn't hard at all.

so that's my sunday night...that, and several cocktails to deal with

the heat here in san diego........

blake

Guest guest

yeast are classified under the kingdom of fungi

Blake Wilson May 18, 2008 6:22 PM fun bready experiment

i've never cooked with yeast. is yeast vegan? if not, then neither is oral sex, so there you go...i think....anyway, i decided to try some yeasty type cooking. i found some rapunzel (aus Deutschland, sehr organishce..) yeast, mixed it up with some quality flours, salt, and some sugar and water, and watched it rise, rise, RISE....very exciting....i then mixed in a bunch of 'fridge stuff like olives, basil, garlic, and then some rosemary from the (neighbor's) garden, and poured some EVOOO into a 9 inch pie pan and dusted with corn meal. i pounded the doh out flat, dusted again with the meal, and nestled it into the pan. my finger dipped the doh all over, and i dumped about a quarter cup of the oil over the top and sprinkled this crunchy salt over the top. 20 minutes in a 450 degree oven, then...culinary nirvana. wow. better than anything from any restaurant/shop. seriously. and it wasn't hard at all.so that's my sunday night...that, and several cocktails to deal with the heat here in san diego........blake

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

As scary as it sound it might not be if you think microbial but Im not certain but I can tell you if you leave dough in cool dark place like cabinet for a few days it will rise without yeast Im not sure the exact chemical reaction that causes the gas bubbles.--- On Mon, 5/19/08, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:

Blake Wilson <mbw fun bready experiment Date: Monday, May 19, 2008, 1:22 AM

i've never cooked with yeast. is yeast vegan? if not, then neither is oral sex, so there you go...i think....anyway, i decided to try some yeasty type cooking. i found some rapunzel (aus Deutschland, sehr organishce.. ) yeast, mixed it up with some quality flours, salt, and some sugar and water, and watched it rise, rise, RISE....very exciting....i then mixed in a bunch of 'fridge stuff like olives, basil, garlic, and then some rosemary from the (neighbor's) garden, and poured some EVOOO into a 9 inch pie pan and dusted with corn meal. i pounded the doh out flat, dusted again with the meal, and nestled it into the pan. my finger dipped the doh all over, and i dumped about a quarter cup of the oil over the top and sprinkled this crunchy salt over the top. 20 minutes in a 450 degree oven, then...culinary nirvana. wow. better than anything from any restaurant/shop. seriously. and it wasn't

hard at all.so that's my sunday night...that, and several cocktails to deal with the heat here in san diego....... .blake

Guest guest

wild yeast is ubiquitos

Angelo Dicks May 20, 2008 9:46 AM Re: fun bready experiment

As scary as it sound it might not be if you think microbial but Im not certain but I can tell you if you leave dough in cool dark place like cabinet for a few days it will rise without yeast Im not sure the exact chemical reaction that causes the gas bubbles.--- On Mon, 5/19/08, Blake Wilson <mbw wrote:

Blake Wilson <mbw fun bready experiment Date: Monday, May 19, 2008, 1:22 AM

i've never cooked with yeast. is yeast vegan? if not, then neither is oral sex, so there you go...i think....anyway, i decided to try some yeasty type cooking. i found some rapunzel (aus Deutschland, sehr organishce.. ) yeast, mixed it up with some quality flours, salt, and some sugar and water, and watched it rise, rise, RISE....very exciting....i then mixed in a bunch of 'fridge stuff like olives, basil, garlic, and then some rosemary from the (neighbor's) garden, and poured some EVOOO into a 9 inch pie pan and dusted with corn meal. i pounded the doh out flat, dusted again with the meal, and nestled it into the pan. my finger dipped the doh all over, and i dumped about a quarter cup of the oil over the top and sprinkled this crunchy salt over the top. 20 minutes in a 450 degree oven, then...culinary nirvana. wow. better than anything from any restaurant/shop. seriously. and it wasn't hard at all.so that's my sunday night...that, and several cocktails to deal with the heat here in san diego....... .blake

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain