IndiaDivine.org

Bank Holiday sucks...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Weather wise,

Laying in a puddle under my car changing oil aint much fun, but have to do it while I got the car as the wife uses it to go back & forth to work every day, it is absolutely chucking it down here and blowing like a b****d!

whats everyone else doing today?hows the weather where you are?

Peter H

Blake Wilson <mbw Sent: Monday, 19 May, 2008 1:58:45 AMRe: Re: Recipes

very slurpalicious, frag....

yum, gotta try this.

blake

ps: "soy not oi"....yeah, i get it...anyone else?

Well, here's a recipe I used to use all the time

Its from the soy not oi cookbook I got back in, gak, prolly 1990...

Sauce

1 onion (sliced)

Lotsa garlic ( I use 6-8 cloves, but, I luv garlic) (chopped)

Several cans of tomato paste

water

1 tbl spoon organic sugar

3 tbl spoons garlic salt

1 cup Mushrooms

Basil, oregano, black pepper to taste

Slice and saute' onion and garlic for several minutes (until tender),

Add paste and water, and reduce heat. Simmer for one hour, while adding mushrooms, and spices (and anything else you think sounds good, zukes, artichoke hearts, etc)

"Cheese"

2 blocks tofu (firm)

1 cup soy milk

1/8 lb nutritional yeast

Blend all together until chunky, (not liquid), a potato masher works just as well as a blender if you don't have one of those (I didn't for the longest time)

Noodles.

Simple, boil lasagna pasta noodles and drain.

When cooked, align noodles on bottom of casserole pan, cover with sauce and "chesse", then slap on another layer of noodles, more sauce and "cheese", repeat until you reach the top.

I used to layer in various veggies if I had themÅ 

Angelo DicksMay 17, 2008 2:55 PM@gro ups.comCc: angelod119 (AT) hotmail (DOT) comRe: Re: Recipes

I await your reply. Oh do you like fraggels, because I love Jim Henson Shows, my wife recently surfed all over the internet to get me A DVD that I charish to this day. It even has a cool memory game--- On Fri, 5/2/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>Re: Re: Recipes@gro ups.comFriday, May 2, 2008, 6:28 PM

i have a couple lasgna recipes meself

maybe i'll post em when i get the chance...

last nite was "meatloaf" with garlic mashed potatoes, and sauteed veggies (cauliflower, brocolli, and bokchoi)

heartwerkMay 1, 2008 10:38 PM@gro ups.com Re: Recipes

My soon-to-be daughter-in- law makes the most wonderful lasagne. MayebPeter would like to share the recipe with everyone -on the other hand,he might want to keep it all to himself.Jo@gro ups.com, "angelod119" <angelod119@ ...> wrote:>> Any body have any favorite recipes they like to dish out.>

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.- Mark Twain

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.- Mark Twain

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

Hi Peter

We're just wondering whether we should get building a boat - I believe there are instructions for what we need in the current weather in Genesis.... ;-)

BB

Peter

-

Peter VV

Monday, May 26, 2008 12:33 PM

Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Weather wise,

Laying in a puddle under my car changing oil aint much fun, but have to do it while I got the car as the wife uses it to go back & forth to work every day, it is absolutely chucking it down here and blowing like a b****d!

Peter H

Guest guest

with all the listed species these days, you will need more than one tugboat to help you get underwayPeter <metalscarab wrote:  Hi Peter We're just wondering whether we should get building a boat - I believe there are instructions for what we need in the current weather in Genesis.... ;-) BB Peter - Peter VV Monday, May 26, 2008 12:33 PM Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks... Weather wise, Laying in a puddle under my car changing oil aint much fun, but have to do it while I got the car as the wife uses it to

go back & forth to work every day, it is absolutely chucking it down here and blowing like a b****d! whats everyone else doing today?hows the weather where you are? Peter H

Guest guest

Hi Peter

We've stayed at home today - much too wet and windy to go out. I had a quick trip in the garden to see if the seedlings I put out were okay. I've caught up on a bit of housework and deciding what new herbs I would like to grow. We have to go out later to get some replacement windows for the shed, as the wind broke them in the night!

Jo

-

Peter VV

Weather wise,

Peter H

yum, gotta try this.

blake

Sauce

1 onion (sliced)

water

3 tbl spoons garlic salt

1 cup Mushrooms

Add paste and water, and reduce heat. Simmer for one hour, while adding mushrooms, and spices (and anything else you think sounds good, zukes, artichoke hearts, etc)

"Cheese"

2 blocks tofu (firm)

1 cup soy milk

1/8 lb nutritional yeast

Blend all together until chunky, (not liquid), a potato masher works just as well as a blender if you don't have one of those (I didn't for the longest time)

Noodles.

When cooked, align noodles on bottom of casserole pan, cover with sauce and "chesse", then slap on another layer of noodles, more sauce and "cheese", repeat until you reach the top.

Angelo DicksMay 17, 2008 2:55 PM@gro ups.comCc: angelod119 (AT) hotmail (DOT) comRe: Re: Recipes

I await your reply. Oh do you like fraggels, because I love Jim Henson Shows, my wife recently surfed all over the internet to get me A DVD that I charish to this day. It even has a cool memory game--- On Fri, 5/2/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>Re: Re: Recipes@gro ups.comFriday, May 2, 2008, 6:28 PM

last nite was "meatloaf" with garlic mashed potatoes, and sauteed veggies (cauliflower, brocolli, and bokchoi)

My soon-to-be daughter-in- law makes the most wonderful lasagne. MayebPeter would like to share the recipe with everyone -on the other hand,he might want to keep it all to himself.Jo@gro ups.com, "angelod119" <angelod119@ ...> wrote:>> Any body have any favorite recipes they like to dish out.>

Sent from Mail. A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

LOL - We had a some rain on Saturday night, and it's pouring now, but we didn't have rain on Sunday, which was very good as it had been forecast.

BBJo

-

Peter

Monday, May 26, 2008 1:02 PM

Hi Peter

We're just wondering whether we should get building a boat - I believe there are instructions for what we need in the current weather in Genesis.... ;-)

BB

Peter

-

Peter VV

Weather wise,

Peter H

Guest guest

marine layer at the moment.....normal morning overcast skies

been in the 60's the last several days...

we actually had a few sprinkles the other morning, weird! woke up to wet yard....at least it helped with the fire in santa cruz..

Memorial day here, so there will be 12 million BBQ's...

Peter VV May 26, 2008 4:33 AM Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Weather wise,

Peter H

yum, gotta try this.

blake

Sauce

1 onion (sliced)

water

3 tbl spoons garlic salt

1 cup Mushrooms

"Cheese"

2 blocks tofu (firm)

1 cup soy milk

1/8 lb nutritional yeast

Noodles.

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

pissistantly raining with winds of 35mph> here, not many people foolish enough to try a barbaque....

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, 26 May, 2008 5:46:46 PMRe: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

we actually had a few sprinkles the other morning, weird! woke up to wet yard....at least it helped with the fire in santa cruz..

Peter VV May 26, 2008 4:33 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Weather wise,

Peter H

Blake Wilson <mbw@gro ups.comMonday, 19 May, 2008 1:58:45 AMRe: Re: Recipes

yum, gotta try this.

blake

Sauce

1 onion (sliced)

water

3 tbl spoons garlic salt

1 cup Mushrooms

"Cheese"

2 blocks tofu (firm)

1 cup soy milk

1/8 lb nutritional yeast

Noodles.

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

rain is good fer you kids..makes the sheep green....

we could use some rain here..alas, we are done til the fall...

they have already posted water restrictions

Peter VV May 26, 2008 9:50 AM Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

pissistantly raining with winds of 35mph> here, not many people foolish enough to try a barbaque....

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Monday, 26 May, 2008 5:46:46 PMRe: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Weather wise,

Peter H

yum, gotta try this.

blake

Sauce

1 onion (sliced)

water

3 tbl spoons garlic salt

1 cup Mushrooms

"Cheese"

2 blocks tofu (firm)

1 cup soy milk

1/8 lb nutritional yeast

Noodles.

Sent from Mail. A Smarter Email. What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

dang, thats some wind!

we had high winds here last week...40mph on the bay bridge. much higher in the oakland hills and on mt diablo.

and thats when the fire started.....

jo May 26, 2008 6:45 AM Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Hi Peter

We've stayed at home today - much too wet and windy to go out. I had a quick trip in the garden to see if the seedlings I put out were okay. I've caught up on a bit of housework and deciding what new herbs I would like to grow. We have to go out later to get some replacement windows for the shed, as the wind broke them in the night!

Jo

-

Peter VV

Weather wise,

Peter H

yum, gotta try this.

blake

Sauce

1 onion (sliced)

water

3 tbl spoons garlic salt

1 cup Mushrooms

"Cheese"

2 blocks tofu (firm)

1 cup soy milk

1/8 lb nutritional yeast

Noodles.

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

yeah, but where you going to find a good supply of gopher wood??!

:)

Peter May 26, 2008 5:02 AM Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

-

Peter VV

Weather wise,

Peter H

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

eh, just give em a few years, with the number of species going extinct, you'd only need a small boat altogether...

sadly....

now where did i leave my cubits of gopher wood?

lei subigone May 26, 2008 6:27 AM Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

with all the listed species these days, you will need more than one tugboat to help you get underwayPeter <metalscarab > wrote:

Hi Peter

BB

Peter

-

Peter VV

Weather wise,

Peter H

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Thats the difference between our summers and yours!, I can send you a bucket full if you like?

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, 26 May, 2008 5:56:35 PMRe: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Peter VV May 26, 2008 9:50 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comMonday, 26 May, 2008 5:46:46 PMRe: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Weather wise,

Peter H

yum, gotta try this.

blake

Sauce

1 onion (sliced)

water

3 tbl spoons garlic salt

1 cup Mushrooms

"Cheese"

2 blocks tofu (firm)

1 cup soy milk

1/8 lb nutritional yeast

Noodles.

Sent from Mail. A Smarter Email. What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

several please

make it easier to water the garden then...

Peter VV May 26, 2008 10:16 AM Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Thats the difference between our summers and yours!, I can send you a bucket full if you like?

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Monday, 26 May, 2008 5:56:35 PMRe: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups..comMonday, 26 May, 2008 5:46:46 PMRe: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Weather wise,

Peter H

yum, gotta try this.

blake

Sauce

1 onion (sliced)

water

3 tbl spoons garlic salt

1 cup Mushrooms

"Cheese"

2 blocks tofu (firm)

1 cup soy milk

1/8 lb nutritional yeast

Noodles.

My soon-to-be daughter-in- law makes the most wonderful lasagne.. MayebPeter would like to share the recipe with everyone -on the other hand,he might want to keep it all to himself.Jo@gro ups.com, "angelod119" <angelod119@ ...> wrote:>> Any body have any favorite recipes they like to dish out.>

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

Guest guest

Just to round off a wonderfull day, just as I was putting the sump bolt back in after draining the oil on my car, I accidentally put my head on the floor which had , yes you guessed it, old oil on it, mmmmmmm, sump oil.....................

lets hope the kids get at least one dry day this week while they are off school, or we gonna go loco!

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Monday, 26 May, 2008 6:19:02 PMRe: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

several please

make it easier to water the garden then...

Peter VV May 26, 2008 10:16 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comMonday, 26 May, 2008 5:56:35 PMRe: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Peter H

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups..comMonday, 26 May, 2008 5:46:46 PMRe: Re: Bank Holiday sucks...

Weather wise,

Peter H

yum, gotta try this.

blake

Sauce

1 onion (sliced)

water

3 tbl spoons garlic salt

1 cup Mushrooms

"Cheese"

2 blocks tofu (firm)

1 cup soy milk

1/8 lb nutritional yeast

Noodles.

My soon-to-be daughter-in- law makes the most wonderful lasagne.. MayebPeter would like to share the recipe with everyone -on the other hand,he might want to keep it all to himself.Jo@gro ups.com, "angelod119" <angelod119@ ...> wrote:>> Any body have any favorite recipes they like to dish out.>

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

- Mark Twain

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.