May 27, 2008 5:41pm

Filed under:

Activism

Education & Schools

Events

Food

Sweets

Display at Sweet Avenue Bake Shop

Twin Cities' City Pages reports the FBI allegedly recruited a shaggy haired, troubled youth to infiltrate vegan potlucks in an effort to spy on potential protesters of the Republican National Convention which will be held in Minneapolis-Saint Paul this September. In semi-related news, Twin Cities power activist group Compassionate Action for Animals hosts Their Lives, Our Voices: Midwest Animal Advocacy Conference 2008 Friday, June 6 through Sunday, June 8 at the Hubert H. Humphrey Conference Center in Minneapolis, MN. They've even created a Wiki Twin Cities Veg Tourism Guide to help non-locals better enjoy their visit after conference hours. New Jersey's hip factor will drastically increase on Saturday, June 21st when Sweet Avenue Bake Shop teams up with LeafyGreen.info to host Cupcakefest, a day of live music and free vegan mini-cupcakes in Lincoln Park (Rutherford, NJ). The Vegan Outreach newsletter recently featured Sam & Ruby's Vegan Goodies, a small company that sells tubes of vegan cookie dough. I haven't tried their products yet, but I'm sure they quell nostalgic yearnings for Tollhouse cookies and are delightfully salmonella-free. I'm not sure if the toddlers at Longmont, CO's all-vegan preschool BellaVita eat Sam & Ruby's, but they do eat veggies that they grow themselves.

Peter H

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.