IndiaDivine.org

Re:Last Comic Standing Makes Vegans Cry Unicorn Tears

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We may not have as much protein as you do, but that doesn’t mean we can’t kick your ass!! The vegan world is up in arms over a recent episode of Last Comic Standing where contestant Christina Pazsitzky poked fun at the VEG world.

The joke was about her cousin — who is a vegan — and how she’s SOOOO annoying to dine with because she’s always like: “Um yeah, this tuna salad? Is there mayonnaise in this? Oh there is? Instead of mayonnaise could I have unicorn tears?†Now I’ll admit, when I first read the joke on a few message boards I chucked a little. I think “unicorn tears†is totally funny and I’m certainly not one to take myself too seriously. We vegans are a silly lot! BUT then I watched a clip of it and totally changed my opinion. Besides the fact that, DUH it’s not even accurate, it wasn’t really delivered well at all.

But here’s my favorite. I mean here is the frigin icing on the cake, people. The judges for that round were none other than Fred Willard and Kathy Najimy – two long-time vegetarians and huge animal advocates. Fred has worked with PETA on numerous occasions and even hosted their 25th Anniversary Gala. Najimy has also worked with PETA — posing twice for their I’d Rather Go Naked Than Where Fur campaign and even winning PETA’s Humanitarian Award in 2000.

So sure maybe we got laughed at a little bit, but let’s be honest – at the end of the day it wasn’t US who looked stupid! Now if you’ll excuse me my lunch of tuna fish and unicorn tears awaits!

Peter H

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.