IndiaDivine.org

Fw: wanted help please...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I recently rescued a dog from someone whose patients was wearing obviously thin with him as they were putting him down for very simple mistakes. Anyways the dog is being treated for neglect, skin issues, weight issues and so much more... its like they didn't allow him to go anywhere, see anything and he's not to experience or even trained! He is 5 and is a great dog. His training is coming along quite well. he is proven to be very smart and want to please. My plan is to work with him for 1 month and then adopt him out to a great home or keep him (especially now that I have invested hundreds of dollars into him, and so much of my time) In a perfect world I would like to keep him, he's beautiful, nice, older for a dog, gets along with my dog and kids (mostly) and we love him dearly. Not to mention the fact that I think he is so happy here!

so where I need the help is this.... he is not food aggressive but is showing signs of toy aggression. He curls his lip and his eyes turn red and he gets mean if its over a Cong or a bone... (no I am not going to just not give it to him, its the principle of it)I have small kids and in the event that he had something like this I really would like to be sure that he isn't going to bite them. At this point I am pretty sure he's all talk and would NOT bite, but in a house with small kids this is not something to play with. I also do not want this on my hands if we do rehome him. so either way I really would like some help here. (please don't be rude and email me with your opinions on what you think I should do) I am keeping him for a month, I am working with him, I plan on getting him better each day and I will find an appropriate home for a GOOD dog if need be.

I cannot at this time afford a trainer. (especially not now) so if there is anyone who could be willing to help me/ help this great dog, so he can have a great family I would be grateful! Also I would be willing to trade for services if that's what it takes. There are many things I do from home that I am good at and would happily do in trade for someone to come tell my dog that he is not only NOT alpha but that my kids are above him. I don't think I am allowed to tell you what I am good for as far as a trade goes (group rules on advertising or something) but please email me. (and no I mean honest work! not how this sounds) i.e. secretary, labor, childcare etc... (just covering my rep)

please pass the word on if you know someone who could help. email me at angelicammo! thank you!

P.S. I am looking for a trainer not direction on how to get in his face about it as I do not want to nor am I skilled to get down on the ground and put my face in his for the whole alpha dog thing. ( I am asking for a professional who could do a great thing) I can get advice of the internet.

I am in Granby Ct if anyone can help!