IU of vitamin D per week for a few months, then a standard daily

regimen of 2,000 IU (if I recall correctly). The pharmacist was

surprised to hear that I was not taking calcium supplements. He said

that calcium is needed to help in absorption of vitamin D, " but if you

drink milk, that'll be enough. " Of course I don't drink milk, being

lactose-intolerant. My lofty goal is to get all my vitamins from my

diet (and my JuicePlus fruit/veg capsules taken daily). So I eat kale

once or twice a week, either sauteed or raw, or in soup. That and

other green leafy veggies. I left a message for my doctor.

Have any of you had to resolve a vitamin D deficiency whilst being vegan?

Thanks!

Pamela

Guest guest

No vitamin or mineral deficiencies for me - but I've always taken supplements.

Jo

-

pdenchfield

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:18 PM

vitamin D deficiency

My doctor told me I'm deficient in vitamin D. I was prescribed 50,000IU of vitamin D per week for a few months, then a standard dailyregimen of 2,000 IU (if I recall correctly). The pharmacist wassurprised to hear that I was not taking calcium supplements. He saidthat calcium is needed to help in absorption of vitamin D, "but if youdrink milk, that'll be enough." Of course I don't drink milk, beinglactose-intolerant. My lofty goal is to get all my vitamins from mydiet (and my JuicePlus fruit/veg capsules taken daily). So I eat kaleonce or twice a week, either sauteed or raw, or in soup. That andother green leafy veggies. I left a message for my doctor.Have any of you had to resolve a vitamin D deficiency whilst being vegan?Thanks!Pamela

Guest guest

i've never had any defiencies that i know of, well, except mental..but thats something else...

jo Jun 13, 2008 8:24 AM Re: vitamin D deficiency

Jo

-

pdenchfield

vitamin D deficiency

My doctor told me I'm deficient in vitamin D. I was prescribed 50,000IU of vitamin D per week for a few months, then a standard dailyregimen of 2,000 IU (if I recall correctly). The pharmacist wassurprised to hear that I was not taking calcium supplements. He saidthat calcium is needed to help in absorption of vitamin D, "but if youdrink milk, that'll be enough." Of course I don't drink milk, beinglactose-intolerant. My lofty goal is to get all my vitamins from mydiet (and my JuicePlus fruit/veg capsules taken daily). So I eat kaleonce or twice a week, either sauteed or raw, or in soup. That andother green leafy veggies. I left a message for my doctor.Have any of you had to resolve a vitamin D deficiency whilst being vegan?Thanks!Pamela

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

LOL - I don't agree with that - there'snothing wrong with your brain.

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, June 13, 2008 6:02 PM

Re: vitamin D deficiency

i've never had any defiencies that i know of, well, except mental..but thats something else...

jo Jun 13, 2008 8:24 AM Re: vitamin D deficiency

Jo

-

pdenchfield

vitamin D deficiency

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers