IndiaDivine.org

Hello To All: I'm New Here

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everyone :)

I'm new here. My name is Beatriz and I live in Portugal.

I have been vegetarian for over 7 years, planning to go vegan.

Not an easy task here where I live.

Looking forward suggestions to help me in the transition,

healthy discussions, knowledge sharing and of course a lot of fun :)

Cheers to all,

Beatriz :)

Guest guest

Hi Beatriz,

Welcome to the group, and welcome to veganism! I've only been vegan for a few months so others here can provide better words of wisdom, but the one thing I would say is take it slow, don't try to do everything all at once and don't beat yourself up if there are things you can't take on all at once. The intent is the important thing and the details will come quicker than you think. I certainly found talking to other vegans to be the most helpful thing, and of course the internet is a fantastic resource for advice and recipes.

Gaya x

On 6/19/08, searchingalight <searchingalight wrote:

Hi Everyone :)I'm new here. My name is Beatriz and I live in Portugal.I have been vegetarian for over 7 years, planning to go vegan.Not an easy task here where I live.Looking forward suggestions to help me in the transition,

healthy discussions, knowledge sharing and of course a lot of fun :)Cheers to all,Beatriz :) -- Ms Madeline J Anderson

t: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

Guest guest

hello and welcome Beatriz.

good luck to you on your journey to veganism, and of course ask away on anything you want!

cheers

fraggle

searchingalight Jun 19, 2008 8:10 AM Hello To All: I'm New Here

Hi Everyone :)I'm new here. My name is Beatriz and I live in Portugal.I have been vegetarian for over 7 years, planning to go vegan.Not an easy task here where I live.Looking forward suggestions to help me in the transition,healthy discussions, knowledge sharing and of course a lot of fun :)Cheers to all,Beatriz :)

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

Hello Fraggle :)

Thank You so much for Your warm welcome,

it sure was very much appreciated.

Cheers :)

Beatriz

--- On Thu, 6/19/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: Hello To All: I'm New Here Date: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 12:13 PM

hello and welcome Beatriz.

good luck to you on your journey to veganism, and of course ask away on anything you want!

cheers

fraggle

searchingalight Jun 19, 2008 8:10 AM @gro ups.com Hello To All: I'm New Here

Hi Everyone :)I'm new here. My name is Beatriz and I live in Portugal.I have been vegetarian for over 7 years, planning to go vegan.Not an easy task here where I live.Looking forward suggestions to help me in the transition,healthy discussions, knowledge sharing and of course a lot of fun :)Cheers to all,Beatriz :)

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.” - Bill Moyers

Guest guest

Dear Gaya x :)

Thank You so very much for welcoming me into the group.This sure was so very much appreciated, I feel home already :)

Yes, You are absolutely right, I have to take it slowand it has to come naturally.Seven years ago, I quit eating meat and fish, not becauseI just decided to do so, but because I was no longer able to eat meat nor fish.The simple thought of it disgusted me.That fish in the freezer just made me think: My God, there is a cadaver in my freezer :D.

But, You know, what made the transition harder was not feeling restrictedwith less choices, as the "center of my dish" had disappeared. Actually, It wasthe mindlessness of other people and their stupid comments, specially those whoinsist saying "I am also vegetarian, but I also eat fish".When I can, to those I just reply "From which tree do You pick your fish", butthey just don't get it.And having to explain it over and over again, at times is so tiresome.. but stillit sure is worth it. There is no way I'm going back there. It's no longer part of me.

As time goes by and people see I am consistent with it, they startedaccepting my views and stopped trying to "convert" me back to meat.

Thank God, mentalities have been changing... Mankind is evolving...

I firmly believe that in a not so far future all Humans will be vegetarians,or even vegans. Just give it another hundred years :)

Now, they are Pre-Vegetarians :D

It sure was nice talking to You :)

Cheers,Beatriz

--- On Thu, 6/19/08, Gayalondiel <gayalondiel wrote:

Gayalondiel <gayalondielRe: Hello To All: I'm New Here Date: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 11:53 AM

Hi Beatriz,

Welcome to the group, and welcome to veganism! I've only been vegan for a few months so others here can provide better words of wisdom, but the one thing I would say is take it slow, don't try to do everything all at once and don't beat yourself up if there are things you can't take on all at once. The intent is the important thing and the details will come quicker than you think. I certainly found talking to other vegans to be the most helpful thing, and of course the internet is a fantastic resource for advice and recipes.

Gaya x

On 6/19/08, searchingalight <searchingalight@ > wrote:

Hi Everyone :)I'm new here. My name is Beatriz and I live in Portugal.I have been vegetarian for over 7 years, planning to go vegan.Not an easy task here where I live.Looking forward suggestions to help me in the transition,healthy discussions, knowledge sharing and of course a lot of fun :)Cheers to all,Beatriz :)-- Ms Madeline J Andersont: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson@ gmail.com

Guest guest

Hi Bea,

Welcome to the group, lot of helpful people on here, anything you need , just ask.........

Peter vv

searchingalight <searchingalight Sent: Thursday, 19 June, 2008 4:10:49 PM Hello To All: I'm New Here

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

Hi Peter :)

A lot of helpful people indeed.

What a wonderful group we have here!

Thanks. Hope to talk to You soon.

Cute sheep, btw :)

Cheers,

Bea --- On Thu, 6/19/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01Re: Hello To All: I'm New Here Date: Thursday, June 19, 2008, 3:27 PM

Hi Bea,

Welcome to the group, lot of helpful people on here, anything you need , just ask.........

Peter vv

searchingalight <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comThursday, 19 June, 2008 4:10:49 PM Hello To All: I'm New Here

Sent from Mail. A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

At 10:34 AM -0700 6/19/08, Beatriz wrote:

I firmly believe that in a not so far future all Humans will be

vegetarians,

or even vegans. Just give it another hundred years :)

>>

I think so, too. I like to perceive everyone as potential

vegetarians.

Guest guest

How wonderful it is to be around likeminded Souls--- On Fri, 6/20/08, yarrow <yarrow wrote:yarrow <yarrowRe: Hello To All: I'm New Here Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 12:45 AM

At 10:34 AM -0700 6/19/08, Beatriz wrote:

I firmly believe that in a not so far future all Humans will be

vegetarians,

or even vegans. Just give it another hundred years :)

>>

I think so, too. I like to perceive everyone as potential

vegetarians.

Guest guest

It is a nice thought, but unlikely I think.

Jo

, yarrow wrote:

>

> At 10:34 AM -0700 6/19/08, Beatriz wrote:

> I firmly believe that in a not so far future all Humans will be

vegetarians,

> or even vegans. Just give it another hundred years :)

>

> Now, they are Pre-Vegetarians :D

> >>

>

> I think so, too. I like to perceive everyone as potential

vegetarians.

>

Guest guest

Hello Jo :)

Well, ok, maybe just a hundred years may not be enough, make it two or threehundred instead :P.

But, never on this planet has change been happening so fast. Speed of

change is exponential and literally goes up the wall ( I'm referring to

curve of the graph, lol).

Maybe it's an era of Aquarius or new age thing, whatever. But I've been

seeing a shift in colective consciousness. People in general are

changing and becoming more conscious.

Just by trying to become better persons and evolve spiritually, stop

cruelty and respect life in all its forms, becoming veg only comes

natural.

Of course there are always those who insist in continuing with that same caveman mentality...

After I've seen my non-veg dad eat tomato sauce with TVP and say it

tastes good, a whole universe of possibilities opened in front of my

eyes and my shaken faith got restored :)

Whaddaya think of that ;)

Cheers,

Beatriz

P.S.: I aint sayin' I'm a saint :P--- On Fri, 6/20/08, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:heartwerk <jo.heartwork Re: Hello To All: I'm New Here Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 2:28 AM

It is a nice thought, but unlikely I think.

Jo

@gro ups.com, yarrow wrote:

>

> At 10:34 AM -0700 6/19/08, Beatriz wrote:

> I firmly believe that in a not so far future all Humans will be

vegetarians,

> or even vegans. Just give it another hundred years :)

>

> Now, they are Pre-Vegetarians :D

> >>

>

> I think so, too. I like to perceive everyone as potential

vegetarians.

>

Guest guest

Hi Beatriz

As I said, it would be nice. There still seem to be the same number of people around who say they would never give up eating meat. There are still many cruel people, many killers - more knife crimes, more gun crimes than before in this country. I see no real evidence that people are connecting spiritually any more than previously, or that people in general are kinder.

Nice thought - but imo - unlikely.

Jo

-

Beatriz

Friday, June 20, 2008 11:59 AM

Re: Re: Hello To All: I'm New Here

Hello Jo :)Well, ok, maybe just a hundred years may not be enough, make it two or threehundred instead :P.But, never on this planet has change been happening so fast. Speed of change is exponential and literally goes up the wall ( I'm referring to curve of the graph, lol).Maybe it's an era of Aquarius or new age thing, whatever. But I've been seeing a shift in colective consciousness. People in general are changing and becoming more conscious.Just by trying to become better persons and evolve spiritually, stop cruelty and respect life in all its forms, becoming veg only comes natural.Of course there are always those who insist in continuing with that same caveman mentality...After I've seen my non-veg dad eat tomato sauce with TVP and say it tastes good, a whole universe of possibilities opened in front of my eyes and my shaken faith got restored :)Whaddaya think of that ;)Cheers,BeatrizP.S.: I aint sayin' I'm a saint :P--- On Fri, 6/20/08, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Re: Hello To All: I'm New Here Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 2:28 AM

It is a nice thought, but unlikely I think.Jo@gro ups.com, yarrow wrote:>> At 10:34 AM -0700 6/19/08, Beatriz wrote:> I firmly believe that in a not so far future all Humans will be vegetarians,> or even vegans. Just give it another hundred years :)> > Now, they are Pre-Vegetarians :D> >>> > I think so, too. I like to perceive everyone as potential vegetarians.>

Guest guest

and here i thought I was the pessimist/doom and gloomer of the group

hee hee!

jo Jun 20, 2008 9:41 AM Re: Re: Hello To All: I'm New Here

Hi Beatriz

As I said, it would be nice. There still seem to be the same number of people around who say they would never give up eating meat. There are still many cruel people, many killers - more knife crimes, more gun crimes than before in this country. I see no real evidence that people are connecting spiritually any more than previously, or that people in general are kinder.

Jo

-

Beatriz

Hello Jo :)Well, ok, maybe just a hundred years may not be enough, make it two or threehundred instead :P.But, never on this planet has change been happening so fast. Speed of change is exponential and literally goes up the wall ( I'm referring to curve of the graph, lol).Maybe it's an era of Aquarius or new age thing, whatever. But I've been seeing a shift in colective consciousness. People in general are changing and becoming more conscious.Just by trying to become better persons and evolve spiritually, stop cruelty and respect life in all its forms, becoming veg only comes natural.Of course there are always those who insist in continuing with that same caveman mentality...After I've seen my non-veg dad eat tomato sauce with TVP and say it tastes good, a whole universe of possibilities opened in front of my eyes and my shaken faith got restored :)Whaddaya think of that ;)Cheers,BeatrizP.S.: I aint sayin' I'm a saint :P--- On Fri, 6/20/08, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Re: Hello To All: I'm New Here Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 2:28 AM

It is a nice thought, but unlikely I think.Jo@gro ups.com, yarrow wrote:>> At 10:34 AM -0700 6/19/08, Beatriz wrote:> I firmly believe that in a not so far future all Humans will be vegetarians,> or even vegans. Just give it another hundred years :)> > Now, they are Pre-Vegetarians :D> >>> > I think so, too. I like to perceive everyone as potential vegetarians.>

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

I'm probably just an uncurable optimist and see everything through pink coloured lenses...--- On Fri, 6/20/08, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:jo <jo.heartworkRe: Re: Hello To All: I'm New Here Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 1:41 PM

Hi Beatriz

Jo

-

Beatriz

@gro ups.com

Hello Jo :)Well, ok, maybe just a hundred years may not be enough, make it two or threehundred instead :P.But, never on this planet has change been happening so fast. Speed of change is exponential and literally goes up the wall ( I'm referring to curve of the graph, lol).Maybe it's an era of Aquarius or new age thing, whatever. But I've been seeing a shift in colective consciousness. People in general are changing and becoming more conscious.Just by trying to become better persons and evolve spiritually, stop cruelty and respect life in all its forms, becoming veg only comes natural.Of course there are always those who insist in continuing with that same caveman mentality...After I've seen my non-veg dad eat tomato sauce with TVP and say it tastes good, a whole universe of possibilities opened in front of my eyes and my shaken faith got restored :)Whaddaya think of that ;)Cheers,BeatrizP.S.: I aint sayin' I'm a saint :P--- On Fri, 6/20/08, heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> Re: Hello To All: I'm New Here@gro ups.comFriday, June 20, 2008, 2:28 AM

Guest guest

Not doom and gloom - cynicism :-)

Jo

-

fraggle

Friday, June 20, 2008 8:02 PM

and here i thought I was the pessimist/doom and gloomer of the group

hee hee!

jo Jun 20, 2008 9:41 AM Re: Re: Hello To All: I'm New Here

Hi Beatriz

Jo

-

Beatriz