IndiaDivine.org

dog for adoption n granby ct will drive...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

My name is Jake; I am a 5-year-old purebred Siberian husky. I haven’t had an easy life and I am looking for a nice home to retire to. I lived in a smaller house in Plainville where I took back seat to everyone including two small dogs. I was basically fed a diet of bread and who knows what and left outside in my own feces, I had never experienced much of a life and I was even afraid of the stairs and garage doors at my new home till I got used to them. I was untrained and a bit wild. I was due to be put down because my owner felt I went potty in the house too much (at least that’s what they told my foster). Fortunately I had an angel on my side and my neighbor made a desperate cry for help to have my life saved.

I was rescued then by my now foster, at the beginning of June just an hour before I was due to be put down. I’m happy here and love my foster family very much. They have had me treated for parasites inside and out, updated all my shots, are treating a terrible skin condition, bowel problems, helping me loose some weight and get lots of exercise, unfortunately a diet of bread made me fat from the calories but as nutritionally depleted as any emaciated dog would be. My fosters have even gotten me a trainer and have taught me many commands. At this point my foster says my skin still has a ways to go, currently I am on a special diet and special medications for my bowels but my foster will rehome me when she is sure my skin is healing as well as she would like to see and when I am off the medications.

I am looking for a new Forever home where I can be loved on. A forever home that doesn’t have young children. Currently my foster has young children and I really do, do very well with them but I have a tendency to growl over my food, bones, and toys and this makes my foster feel uneasy. My fosters as I have mentioned are working with me on basic obedience and I can now sit, stay, back, out, pillow, know no and am now crate and leash trained. I do like to take my toys that I am possessive over into my crate, which my foster feels this is a nice step and at least helps. The trainer is working with me on the food and toy aggression I show and I would like it if my new home could honor my many changes and challenges and keep my current trainer. It is important to me to over come this aggression I do have and I really want to but I am having a hard time understanding that I no longer have to fight for my food and nutrition. I am a sweet, sweet beautiful fixed boy. I really do want to learn I just am a bit stubborn at times; I love to go on walks and in the car. I get along with other dogs and I really do get along great with kids. (Just for safety my foster worries if I were to have a bone and a kid tied to take it from me if I would be ok or not) I do not go potty in the house all of the time, I have honestly had some accidents but I have had the runs for such a long time now I have a hard time making it outside. I also am working on communicating my needs to go outside, but I am sure if you are diligent in taking me out often and working with me that you wont be disappointed. My fosters would like to keep me and are heart broken that its looking like I should be rehomed. They see so much potential and love in me. In 2 weeks I have come such a huge way from where I was. If I didn’t growl over food and toys or if my fosters didn’t have the small kids they would keep me for sure. I have such a great, vibrant and lively personality! Id like to be able to have a yard to run in but it’s not a necessity as I do (now) know how to walk on a leash and do enjoy my trips on the trails and around the block. I would require the same diet and food I am on now to prevent further irritation to my colon. I would also like vet and personal references.

My foster is going to review applications and have interviews with people over the next two weeks and then when my skin is showing improvement, my bowels are ok, I am off my medications, and I have revisited my vet for a follow up appointment a few more vaccines she will place me. It should be between 1-4 weeks that I will be moving into my new home and all the details can further be discussed when you contact my foster!

I am asking a $500.00 obo adoption fee which includes my very large crate, my cong, and my seatbelt. I am asking this number so that it can easy some of the financial burden I did put on my fosters as I know they spent well over this amount on saving my life, and getting me set up so I could enjoy life. I know they would do it again in a heart beat and I know they were happy to do it! I also want to be sure I go to a home that understands completely my needs and will not allow me to be used as dog fighting bate or anything bad.

I will have with me my complete vet records from my date of foster as I did have nothing when I was rescued. Once you see me you will understand why this is so important to my foster and why they wish they could keep me all to themselves!

Oh one last thing, I ask that if you are interested in adopting me that you don’t even think of using a invisible or electric fence as my foster has seen the ramifications of these and how it truly scarred me.

Please email my foster at angelicammo

Alicia O .org