IndiaDivine.org

hey yarrow- trader joes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hey yarrow

i was wondering of your opinion of Trader Joes?

yarrow Jun 21, 2008 10:30 PM Re: Re: happy solstice - agave, honey-subst and stuff

At 1:10 PM -0700 6/21/08, Beatriz wrote:

You know, I haven't made it to the health-food store, yet, but I doubt I'll find this agave-thing here, in any "strength" lol.Even if I find it it is probably outrageously expensive.Any further suggestions on "honey-replacers" besides this and the date-syrup?

Eh, affordable ones , please...

>>

Here in the U.S., Trader Joe's carries agave syrup. I still haven't tried it. But all the liquid sweeteners that are not made from GMO corn are fairly expensive.

For baking, I like to use molasses. It's also good in a hot drink, but molasses may be an acquired taste.

I've been using date sugar (I assume made only from dates) in baking, I bought it ages ago and recently rediscovered it. I'd guess it's more reasonably priced than date syrup, since I assume it's less "processed" and less likely to spoil.

If your local store carries frozen juices, that's another option. You can scoop out a teaspoonful at a time to use as a sweetener. Jams and jellies are another idea, though they may not dissolve completely in hot water.

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers