IndiaDivine.org

Question about stuff

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

On an episode of Family Guy tonight, Stewie said "he runs like a Welshman", does anyone know what thats supposed to mean? are we renowned for being fast? cowards? or what? what is the origin? never heard that before............

sorry, carry on..............

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight Sent: Thursday, 26 June, 2008 3:41:25 PMRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

//Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?//that would be cannibalism. . but wait, the last time I checked vegans didnt eat meat, so the possibilty of the existence of flesh-eating- vegan-zombies is outruled--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com> wrote:

Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com>Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here@gro ups.comThursday, June 26, 2008, 9:51 AM

Hi Gaya

> So, if taken literally, anyone non-viable here must be a zombie.

> Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?

I'd have thought they'd have gone for fleshy fruits... possibly heart of lettuce...

BB

Peter

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

I've no idea. Unless they've degenerated to using " welshman " as " generic insult " .Mind you, my ex is a welshman and runs very fast, so maybe you could call it a compliment?G

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

On an episode of Family Guy tonight, Stewie said " he runs like a Welshman " , does anyone know what thats supposed to mean? are we renowned for being fast? cowards? or what? what is the origin? never heard that before............

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight

Sent: Thursday, 26 June, 2008 3:41:25 PMRe: Question about amt. of " viable " members here

//Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?//that would be cannibalism. . but wait, the last time I checked vegans didnt eat meat, so the possibilty of the existence of flesh-eating- vegan-zombies is outruled

--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com> wrote:

Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com>Re: Question about amt. of " viable " members here

@gro ups.comThursday, June 26, 2008, 9:51 AM

Hi Gaya

I'd have thought they'd have gone for fleshy fruits... possibly heart of lettuce...

BB

Peter

-- Ms Madeline J Andersont: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

Guest guest

i think someone is a bit tipsy.....

Stewie is supposed to be a sorta parody of an an English actor, sorry, don't recall which one, maybe he's an amalgamtion.

anywho, this is just used to show the antipathy the english are supposed to feel for the Welsh, i believe.

Peter VV Jun 26, 2008 1:06 PM Re: Question about stuff

On an episode of Family Guy tonight, Stewie said "he runs like a Welshman", does anyone know what thats supposed to mean? are we renowned for being fast? cowards? or what? what is the origin? never heard that before............

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight > Sent: Thursday, 26 June, 2008 3:41:25 PMRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

//Would vegan zombies only eat flesh of other vegans, I wonder?//that would be cannibalism. . but wait, the last time I checked vegans didnt eat meat, so the possibilty of the existence of flesh-eating- vegan-zombies is outruled--- On Thu, 6/26/08, Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com> wrote:

Peter <metalscarab@ gmail.com>Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here@gro ups.comThursday, June 26, 2008, 9:51 AM

Hi Gaya

BB

Peter

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

Hi Peter

I've never heard of that one, and haven't got a clue what they mean.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:06 PM

Re: Question about stuff

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight > Sent: Thursday, 26 June, 2008 3:41:25 PMRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

Hi Gaya

BB

Peter

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

Hi Fraggle

> i think someone is a bit tipsy.....

> Stewie is supposed to be a sorta parody of an an English actor, sorry, don't recall which one, maybe he's an amalgamtion.

> anywho, this is just used to show the antipathy the english are supposed to feel for the Welsh, i believe.

Which shows a huge misunderstanding of British culture - the English don't generally have any antipathy toward the Welsh. If we were to insult anyone with reference to a nation, it would be far more likely to be the French.

BB

Peter

Guest guest

Now " runs like a Frenchman " would probably be an insult, meaning mincing. I don't think Welshmen generally mince.

G

On 6/27/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

Hi Fraggle

> i think someone is a bit tipsy.....

> Stewie is supposed to be a sorta parody of an an English actor, sorry, don't recall which one, maybe he's an amalgamtion.

> anywho, this is just used to show the antipathy the english are supposed to feel for the Welsh, i believe.

Which shows a huge misunderstanding of British culture - the English don't generally have any antipathy toward the Welsh. If we were to insult anyone with reference to a nation, it would be far more likely to be the French.

BB

Peter

-- Ms Madeline J Anderson

t: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

Guest guest

Hi Peter / Fraggle

Very true. As you will remember, the bad feeling of the Welsh

towards the English was news to me a couple of years ago. I have

never had any bad feeling towards the Welsh. I also agree that for

some unknown (to me) reason, the French come in for a lot of stick!

BB

Jo

, " Peter " <metalscarab wrote:

>

> Hi Fraggle

>

> > i think someone is a bit tipsy.....

> > Stewie is supposed to be a sorta parody of an an English actor,

sorry, don't recall which one, maybe he's an amalgamtion.

> > anywho, this is just used to show the antipathy the english are

supposed to feel for the Welsh, i believe.

>

> Which shows a huge misunderstanding of British culture - the

English don't generally have any antipathy toward the Welsh. If we

were to insult anyone with reference to a nation, it would be far

more likely to be the French.

>

> BB

> Peter

>

Guest guest

That's strange, as here 'mincing' seems to be applied to the way some

camp gay people may walk.

Jo

, Gayalondiel <gayalondiel

wrote:

>

> Now " runs like a Frenchman " would probably be an insult, meaning

mincing. I

> don't think Welshmen generally mince.

>

> G

>

>

> On 6/27/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> >

> >  Hi Fraggle

> >

> > > i think someone is a bit tipsy.....

> > > Stewie is supposed to be a sorta parody of an an English actor,

sorry,

> > don't recall which one, maybe he's an amalgamtion.

> > > anywho, this is just used to show the antipathy the english are

supposed

> > to feel for the Welsh, i believe.

> >

> > Which shows a huge misunderstanding of British culture - the

English don't

> > generally have any antipathy toward the Welsh. If we were to

insult anyone

> > with reference to a nation, it would be far more likely to be the

French.

> >

> > BB

> > Peter

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> Ms Madeline J Anderson

> t: 01242 861269

> m: 07881 623654

> e: maddy.anderson

>

Guest guest

Yeah, that's basically the same thing. I should have said " mincing quickly " .

G

On 6/27/08, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

That's strange, as here 'mincing' seems to be applied to the way some camp gay people may walk.Jo , Gayalondiel <gayalondiel

wrote:>> Now " runs like a Frenchman " would probably be an insult, meaning mincing. I> don't think Welshmen generally mince.> > G> > > On 6/27/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:

> >> >  Hi Fraggle> >> > > i think someone is a bit tipsy.....> > > Stewie is supposed to be a sorta parody of an an English actor, sorry,> > don't recall which one, maybe he's an amalgamtion.

> > > anywho, this is just used to show the antipathy the english are supposed> > to feel for the Welsh, i believe.> >> > Which shows a huge misunderstanding of British culture - the

English don't> > generally have any antipathy toward the Welsh. If we were to insult anyone> > with reference to a nation, it would be far more likely to be the French.> >> > BB

> > Peter> >> > > >> > > > -- > Ms Madeline J Anderson> t: 01242 861269> m: 07881 623654> e: maddy.anderson

> -- Ms Madeline J Anderson

t: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

Guest guest

I do like Stewies charector...........

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 26 June, 2008 11:02:17 PMRe: Question about stuff

i think someone is a bit tipsy.....

Stewie is supposed to be a sorta parody of an an English actor, sorry, don't recall which one, maybe he's an amalgamtion.

anywho, this is just used to show the antipathy the english are supposed to feel for the Welsh, i believe.

Peter VV Jun 26, 2008 1:06 PM @gro ups.com Re: Question about stuff

On an episode of Family Guy tonight, Stewie said "he runs like a Welshman", does anyone know what thats supposed to mean? are we renowned for being fast? cowards? or what? what is the origin? never heard that before...... ......

sorry, carry on.......... ....

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comThursday, 26 June, 2008 3:41:25 PMRe: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

Hi Gaya

BB

Peter

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers