IndiaDivine.org

Question about amt. of portugal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

i've only had a few portuguese beers unfortunately, not a whole lot of em get imported. over the years, umm..lets think here...poop, lost my thinking cap...

anyways..i've had cristal, i seen to remember a sangres brune, and a couple different superbocks...does that sound right? those are portuguese correct? oh, and something called chopp..chop? something like that...

the brune was..ok, and one of the superbocks, rest where waaaaayyy too light for my tastes

bunch of my friends are getting together over the weekend actually for the german/spanish game. i was invited, but i'll be over in SF for Pride instead...

never heard of Franceshinha, thanx for the link!

fraggle

Beatriz Jun 26, 2008 12:00 PM Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

Hi Fraggle,I live in Porto, "The Capital of the North", city of Port Wine, the FC Porto football team (I believe you call it soccer in US) and Francesinhas, that is a typical specialty here. It is basically a sandwich with a spicy, hot sauce. Sauce made with beer :D, hehe, so that one you'd probably like. And the vegetarian versions are just as tasty. To be vegan, we gotta find a solution for the cheese, though :S.A Francesinha goes wonderfully with a "Sagres Boémia", have you tried that one already?Becoming a veggie was very difficult for me, specially in the beginning, as I wasnt acquainted with any other veggie and basicaly had to find out everything on my own.Eating out, in particular, was extremely tiresome, with the usual complaints I hear of other veggies from other countries, too.But, things have been changing, thank God. Mentalities have been changing. I have been expanding my choices. More and more places are having veg alternatives and every now and then I have a pleasant surprise. Like my non-veg dad not minding eating tvp, lol.Many times people approach me asking for veg recipes and of course I'm radiantly happyto do so. If they use that chickpea-breadspread even once, at least once they are not eating meat.I'll try to get a vegan recipe for the Francesinha and post it to the group. If You know a good alternative for grilled cheese, please let me know.Here's a link to wiki so you get an idea what I'm talking abouthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FrancesinhaCheers,BeatrizP.S.: And we drink a lot of beer, too :D--- On Thu, 6/26/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 1:42 PM

you are absolutely and 100% fine Beatriz

if i may ask, where do you reside in portugal?(please, i don't want an adress! something like "25 miles outside of lisbon, next to the rampaging olive grove" is fine!)

how difficult (or easy) are you finding it to be veggie there?

Beatriz Jun 26, 2008 4:17 AM @gro ups.com Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

I just joined a couple of days ago but am also here. Very, very here."Really really really here" :DSorry, folks, cant help it, I love talking nonsense. Let me know if that goes on anybody's nerves :SBeatriz--- On Wed, 6/25/08, stephen hawkey <stedhawk (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote:

stephen hawkey <stedhawk (AT) (DOT) co.uk>Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here@gro ups.comWednesday, June 25, 2008, 5:18 PM

Im really here well I hope im really here metaphorically speaking its possible im not here but metapsysically im here in body at least!!

Steve --- On Wed, 25/6/08, qweiop75 <qweiop75 > wrote:

qweiop75 <qweiop75 > Question about amt. of "viable" members here@gro ups.comWednesday, 25 June, 2008, 9:10 PM

Hi, I'm glad to find this group & glad to be here! I was also glad to see how active the group is (wow! over 400+ posts per month!) although once I saw all that email in my box in just 24 hours, I quickly changed it to no delivery lest I lose track of those more crucial to my daily existence ;)....then I checked the archives back a year and saw that it's been the same three people posting most of the time. There's nothing at all wrong with that, & I"ve had plenty of interests in some of the posts from those three folks, but it just makes me wonder where the other 1000+ people are. Okay, so I did see a post or two here and there from names that weren't PeterVV, fraggle or Jo (handwerk), but since the membership is closed to look at, I'm curious as to how many members are in the bouncing list, and how many are "really" here, and why we aren't hearing from the others. Anybody care to chime in?

Sent from Mail. A Smarter Email. “We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers