IndiaDivine.org

fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hey blake

its the sister restaurant to golden lotus over here in oakland.

its basic asian veg food. (they do have a couple non-vegan drinks, so be aware) pretty tasty. try the carmelized chicken.

i've only been a couple times (as its basically the same as golden lotus), but the service was sorta indifferent each time we went.

very nice inside (like an old hotel), but be aware that its in the tenderloin, watch where you park

if you get a chance, there are two herbivore's in SF as well, and cafe gratitude for raw, and cha ya for tasty japanese vegan food (tho, we've never been to the one in SF)

where are you heading? how long you going to be in SF?

i'll be at thee parkside tonite if you want to see a show!

heh heh

cheers

fraggle

sebsi23 Jun 27, 2008 8:25 AM fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

hi, we're blowing thru SF tonight and want to try golden era on ofarrel. what's the word, thunderbird? blake

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

well, we are hoping to catch our favorite bands while we're in town,

like DEADFALL, A.N.S., SEASICK, MOTHERSPEED, FACE THE RAIL, and so

forth. any of them playing?

;^)

blake

Guest guest

heh heh heh....

why yes, yes they are

hahahahahahah

sebsi23 Jun 27, 2008 8:46 AM Re: fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

well, we are hoping to catch our favorite bands while we're in town,like DEADFALL, A.N.S., SEASICK, MOTHERSPEED, FACE THE RAIL, and soforth. any of them playing?;^)blake

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

cool. we're in town tonight and tomorrow for a wedding. maybe we'll

stop by thee p tonight. although i should know, being that they are my

favorites, i assume its all GOFPR? (good old fashioned punk rock).

blake

Guest guest

Golden Era is only the best place in the universe! My husband and I ate there at least weekly when we lived in that city. We were so addicted to their food. The meat eaters we brought there were floored by the food as well. I'd recommend something specific, but everything was so good! My husband's favorite was the caramelized "chicken". The spicy Vietnamese Sweet and Sour soup is also amazing.Millennium is also quite good, but costs more. The styles are very different.On a travel note, we had the opportunity to visit Rio de Janeiro recently and were pleasantly surprised by the number of options available to us at the restaurants. Almost every place we went had a great salad bar, which included a good number of hot dishes, and always delicious hearts of palm. There are a number of vegan and

vegetarian places there that are all amazing. The city is beautiful, the people are beautiful, the culture is warm... I highly recommend a trip to anyone who has not yet experienced Brazil. ~Faith

Guest guest

do you have a place to stay??????

if not, good luck getting a place ANYWHERE nearby

its Pride week

if i'd have known earlier mr blake, i could have worked something out fer ya maybe

Deadfall is good ol fashion punk rawk

:)

lotsa shows this weekend, let me know if you are interested in anything...

also, if you get here early enough today, its Friday at linden brewing...free beer

gawd, i luv the bay area

sebsi23 Jun 27, 2008 1:55 PM Re: fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

cool. we're in town tonight and tomorrow for a wedding. maybe we'llstop by thee p tonight. although i should know, being that they are myfavorites, i assume its all GOFPR? (good old fashioned punk rock). blake

Guest guest

that's two votes for carmelized chicken now..hahahahahahah

Faith Albright Jun 27, 2008 2:52 PM Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

Golden Era is only the best place in the universe! My husband and I ate there at least weekly when we lived in that city. We were so addicted to their food. The meat eaters we brought there were floored by the food as well. I'd recommend something specific, but everything was so good! My husband's favorite was the caramelized "chicken". The spicy Vietnamese Sweet and Sour soup is also amazing.Millennium is also quite good, but costs more. The styles are very different.On a travel note, we had the opportunity to visit Rio de Janeiro recently and were pleasantly surprised by the number of options available to us at the restaurants. Almost every place we went had a great salad bar, which included a good number of hot dishes, and always delicious hearts of palm. There are a number of vegan and vegetarian places there that are all amazing. The city is beautiful, the people are beautiful, the culture is warm... I highly recommend a trip to anyone who has not yet experienced Brazil. ~Faith

Guest guest

Is SF standing for San Fransisco ??? Because that is just 40 min from me.. I would like to try that.

Rene' Toro

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF? Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 7:11 PM

Faith Albright Jun 27, 2008 2:52 PM @gro ups.com Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

Golden Era is only the best place in the universe! My husband and I ate there at least weekly when we lived in that city. We were so addicted to their food. The meat eaters we brought there were floored by the food as well. I'd recommend something specific, but everything was so good! My husband's favorite was the caramelized "chicken". The spicy Vietnamese Sweet and Sour soup is also amazing.Millennium is also quite good, but costs more. The styles are very different.On a travel note, we had the opportunity to visit Rio de Janeiro recently and were pleasantly surprised by the number of options available to us at the restaurants. Almost every place we went had a great salad bar, which included a good number of hot dishes, and always delicious hearts of palm. There are a number of vegan and vegetarian places there that are all amazing. The city is beautiful, the

people are beautiful, the culture is warm... I highly recommend a trip to anyone who has not yet experienced Brazil. ~Faith

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.” - Bill Moyers

Guest guest

yes ma'am

where are you located?

tons and tons of veg friendly places in the bay area

Rene From Cali Jun 27, 2008 3:21 PM Re: Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

Is SF standing for San Fransisco ??? Because that is just 40 min from me.. I would like to try that.

Rene' Toro

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>Re: Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF? Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 7:11 PM

Faith Albright Jun 27, 2008 2:52 PM @gro ups.com Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

Golden Era is only the best place in the universe! My husband and I ate there at least weekly when we lived in that city. We were so addicted to their food. The meat eaters we brought there were floored by the food as well. I'd recommend something specific, but everything was so good! My husband's favorite was the caramelized "chicken". The spicy Vietnamese Sweet and Sour soup is also amazing.Millennium is also quite good, but costs more. The styles are very different.On a travel note, we had the opportunity to visit Rio de Janeiro recently and were pleasantly surprised by the number of options available to us at the restaurants. Almost every place we went had a great salad bar, which included a good number of hot dishes, and always delicious hearts of palm. There are a number of vegan and vegetarian places there that are all amazing. The city is beautiful, the people are beautiful, the culture is warm... I highly recommend a trip to anyone who has not yet experienced Brazil. ~Faith“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

Suisun City :)

Rene' Toro

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF? Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 7:44 PM

yes ma'am

where are you located?

tons and tons of veg friendly places in the bay area

Rene From Cali Jun 27, 2008 3:21 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

Rene' Toro

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>Re: Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?@gro ups.comFriday, June 27, 2008, 7:11 PM

Golden Era is only the best place in the universe! My husband and I ate there at least weekly when we lived in that city. We were so addicted to their food. The meat eaters we brought there were floored by the food as well. I'd recommend something specific, but everything was so good! My husband's favorite was the caramelized "chicken". The spicy Vietnamese Sweet and Sour soup is also amazing.Millennium is also quite good, but costs more. The styles are very different.On a travel note, we had the opportunity to visit Rio de Janeiro recently and were pleasantly surprised by the number of options available to us at the restaurants. Almost every place we went had a great salad bar, which included a good number of hot dishes, and always delicious hearts of palm. There are a number of vegan and vegetarian places there that are all amazing. The city is beautiful, the

people are beautiful, the culture is warm... I highly recommend a trip to anyone who has not yet experienced Brazil. ~Faith“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.” - Bill Moyers

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.” - Bill Moyers

Guest guest

excellent. we're in the city now and will probably hit golden era for, er,

carmelized chick'n.

frag we might check out your venue tonight. our party is two old 80s punk/wave

types (josh and i) and two women who couldn't give a rat's ass....maybe see you

there. you work the door, right? how will i know it's you? secret vegan chat

handshake?

speaking of vegan chat, this place went thru the roof in the last couple

days....quiet down, ya yakkers! ;^)

mbw

---- fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

Guest guest

i never got the secret handshake...very disappointed

unless of course they have a different secret handshake for you SoCal folks....

mbw Jun 27, 2008 6:34 PM Cc: fraggle Re: Re:fraggle: whats the word on golden era in SF?

excellent. we're in the city now and will probably hit golden era for, er, carmelized chick'n.frag we might check out your venue tonight. our party is two old 80s punk/wave types (josh and i) and two women who couldn't give a rat's ass....maybe see you there. you work the door, right? how will i know it's you? secret vegan chat handshake? speaking of vegan chat, this place went thru the roof in the last couple days....quiet down, ya yakkers! ;^)mbw---- fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote: