IndiaDivine.org

Question about amt. of europa

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hola heather

we went last year, and in 1995....

in 1995 we toured germany extensively, and tho we hit a few bumps, we really didn't have that much of an issue finding food. there was a store we found outside of the black forest, i think the town was freiburg, where the had a ton of vegan stuff, like sausages. sadly for us, when we planned to go on a picnic into the black forest it turned out that it was German re-unification day and the whole place was shut down

hahahahahaha

anyways...last year, we went to England (london and bath), belgium, and holland, with a short stop in frankfurt germany, and really, we didn't have any issues at all. it took a bit of legwork ahead of time and searching on the net, but i had everything ready when we went. remember, worse comes to worse, there's always a market or store where you can purchase veggies and supplies

bath and london both had plenty of vegany options, stores, restaurants, etc. belgium was fine, you just had to look it all up first (happy cow is a great resource, just be aware that some of the places may be looong gone)

the internet is yer friend!

beleive it not, the least luck we had was in amsterdam.

cheers

fraggle

Heather Farlow Jun 27, 2008 9:02 AM Re: Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

where in europe did u visit? we are wanting to go somewhere as soon as my husband graduates. Where would be a good place to go as half of our family is vegan?

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 10:45:12 AMRe: Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

left coast....oakland cal-i-for-ni- a

and, for my part, the couple times i've been over to europeland, i've found it very veg friendly

*shrug*

fraggle

Heather Farlow Jun 26, 2008 9:31 PM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

I don't think that would be good for anyone. Nobody to keep the conversation alive?I was just thinking that I personally don't know how to butt into a conversation. I still like reading everything. Do any of you live in Texas? I live in San Antonio. My daughter (age 15) just came back from Germany. (Stuttburg) and she said it wasn't vegan friendly at all. I know some of you live in Europe. Where is everyone?

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comThursday, June 26, 2008 5:08:03 PMRe: Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

Hopefully not :-)

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Thursday, June 26, 2008 9:17 PM

Re: Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

you think I could stop for a couple of days?

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comThursday, 26 June, 2008 7:59:32 AM Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here

LOL - that's probably because we like chatting - and it is a chat group :-)In the other groups I moderate, and those where I am a member, there is a small core of posters.Maybe if Fraggle, Peter, Peter VV and I stopped posting for a few days other people might converse. Does anyone (general genuine question) think that would encourage people to post?Jo@gro ups.com, Heather Farlow <farjoy2 > wrote:>> Sometimes it's not that the other people in this group don't want to post, its just that we don't know what to say. If someone other then the 4 main members of this group post something, it usually turns into a conversation between the 4 main people, and that can be intimidating. I think if someone posted a survey or a question not directed at one person (which is how it is quite often) then I would be among the first to reply. Just my opinion--Heather> > > > fraggle <EBbrewpunx@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:00:33 PM> Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here> > > sorry you feel that way Yarrow...> anyone here is welcome to post anything they like, as long as it isn't vicious or likewise.> peter, peter vv, jo, and i have been here a long time. so, we chat. we bring up things that might interest anyone in the group. if you (or anyone) wants to talk about a subject, please please please feel free.> > > > > yarrow > Jun 25, 2008 1:53 PM > @gro ups.com > Re: Question about amt. of "viable" members here > > > At 8:10 PM +0000 6/25/08, qweiop75 wrote:> >....then I checked the archives back a year and saw that it's been the> >same three people posting most of the time. There's nothing at all> >wrong with that, & I"ve had plenty of interests in some of the posts> >from those three folks, but it just makes me wonder where the other> >1000+ people are. Okay, so I did see a post or two here and there> >from names that weren't PeterVV, fraggle or Jo (handwerk), but since> >the membership is closed to look at, I'm curious as to how many> >members are in the bouncing list, and how many are "really" here, and> >why we aren't hearing from the others.> > Sometimes it *does* look like a private conversation among those > three (usually not about veg topics), so if anyone else does post, it > gets lost. Some days 50 or more messages get filtered into the > veg-chat box, and when the volume is that high, often I don't have > time to look at them. That's when I think I ought to weed out some > e-mail lists that appear to be more noise than signal. But then once > in a while something interesting comes along.> > I've noticed that some people post once or twice when they first > join, then never again.> > > "We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out." - Bill Moyers>

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers