good, not good at all....

my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems

something else has come up

never fun

fraggle

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire

and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers

Guest guest

All my dad eats is red meat and starch, and wonders why his health is so bad and he's overweight. :( My mom eats nothing but chicken and gorges on candy when she thinks no one is looking.

I worry about them both, but especially my dad. He has NO leeway. Unfortunately he's the product of his generation and all he knows is red meat and starch.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

sad to hear everyone's parent woes....blue rose...hope your folks are ok now...cancer certainly seems to be on the rise, i know quite a few ppl with various forms and in various stages...not good, not good at all....

my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems something else has come upnever funfraggle"We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out." - Bill Moyers

---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /

<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join

( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured

<*>

Guest guest

my partner's folks who live in suisun are the same way...

sad thing is, her dad WAS vegetarian. Rebecca was raised vegan. then somewhere in his life, he flipped. entirely. became a capitalist (he used to be a '77 punk), and started eating nuthin but garbage.

he weighs close to 300 lbs now...and has had a number of operations on his intestines. a few months ago he had a stroke

and yet, he doesn't change....

hard to fathom....

Blue Rose Jun 27, 2008 4:26 PM Re: parents

All my dad eats is red meat and starch, and wonders why his health is so bad and he's overweight. :( My mom eats nothing but chicken and gorges on candy when she thinks no one is looking.

I worry about them both, but especially my dad. He has NO leeway. Unfortunately he's the product of his generation and all he knows is red meat and starch.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

sad to hear everyone's parent woes....blue rose...hope your folks are ok now...cancer certainly seems to be on the rise, i know quite a few ppl with various forms and in various stages...not good, not good at all....my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems something else has come upnever funfraggle"We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out." - Bill Moyers---To send an email to -

Guest guest

my parents were a bit like that, before I went vegie, and vegan when I was a kid, we didnt have much, so it was a question of eat whats there or go without. my mother always seemed to be in the kitchen, cooking/baking making jam etc............she still cooks for me ..........

I`m just a big momies boy..............:)

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156 Sent: Friday, 27 June, 2008 9:26:23 PMRe: parents

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

sad to hear everyone's parent woes....blue rose...hope your folks are ok now...cancer certainly seems to be on the rise, i know quite a few ppl with various forms and in various stages...not good, not good at all....my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems something else has come upnever funfraggle"We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out." - Bill Moyers------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

Guest guest

suisun as in my suisun ca ?? LOL where I am ??

Rene' Toro

--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: parents Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 8:32 PM

my partner's folks who live in suisun are the same way...

sad thing is, her dad WAS vegetarian. Rebecca was raised vegan. then somewhere in his life, he flipped. entirely. became a capitalist (he used to be a '77 punk), and started eating nuthin but garbage.

he weighs close to 300 lbs now...and has had a number of operations on his intestines. a few months ago he had a stroke

and yet, he doesn't change....

hard to fathom....

Blue Rose Jun 27, 2008 4:26 PM @gro ups.com Re: parents

I worry about them both, but especially my dad. He has NO leeway.. Unfortunately he's the product of his generation and all he knows is red meat and starch.

sad to hear everyone's parent woes....blue rose...hope your folks are ok now....cancer certainly seems to be on the rise, i know quite a few ppl with various forms and in various stages...not good, not good at all....my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems something else has come upnever funfraggle"We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out." - Bill Moyers------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

Guest guest

My parents don't know what to do with me, so they let me fend for myself when they come visit. My mom did help me to make an awesome vegan eggplant parm, and I eat that for Thanksgiving. :D

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

my parents were a bit like that, before I went vegie, and vegan when I was a kid, we didnt have much, so it was a question of eat whats there or go without. my mother always seemed to be in the kitchen, cooking/baking making jam etc............she still cooks for me ..........

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156

Friday, 27 June, 2008 9:26:23 PMRe: parents

sad to hear everyone's parent woes....blue rose...hope your folks are ok now...cancer certainly seems to be on the rise, i know quite a few ppl with various forms and in various stages...not good, not good at all....

my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems something else has come upnever funfraggle " We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out. " - Bill Moyers

------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

Guest guest

ah..i luv it when i see my father every year or three

everytime it's

"so, you still vegan?"

"so, do you eat fish?

"ok, how about chicken?'

everytime.....

yes dad, i get my chicken from the eggplant, and of course fish grow on trees, that's where fish sticks come from right?

of course, i only see him every couple of years, so it's easy to let it all go

:)

Blue Rose Jun 27, 2008 4:51 PM Re: parents

My parents don't know what to do with me, so they let me fend for myself when they come visit. My mom did help me to make an awesome vegan eggplant parm, and I eat that for Thanksgiving. :D

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156 >

Friday, 27 June, 2008 9:26:23 PMRe: parents

sad to hear everyone's parent woes....blue rose...hope your folks are ok now...cancer certainly seems to be on the rise, i know quite a few ppl with various forms and in various stages...not good, not good at all....my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems something else has come upnever funfraggle"We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out." - Bill Moyers------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

Guest guest

Yeah I loooove it when people ask if I eat fish. *sighs*

I also ran into a " vegan " who thought that being vegan meant you didn't eat red meat and ate only organic food.

O_O

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 5:01 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

ah..i luv it when i see my father every year or three

everytime it's

" so, you still vegan? "

" so, do you eat fish?

" ok, how about chicken?'

everytime.....

yes dad, i get my chicken from the eggplant, and of course fish grow on trees, that's where fish sticks come from right?

of course, i only see him every couple of years, so it's easy to let it all go

:)

Blue Rose

Jun 27, 2008 4:51 PM Re: parents

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156

Friday, 27 June, 2008 9:26:23 PM

Re: parents

my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems something else has come upnever funfraggle " We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out. " - Bill Moyers

------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe