IndiaDivine.org

parents... cholesterol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Peter,

I heard/read a couple of times of this homemade remedy for cholesterol.It's rather simple. Basically all You need is eggplant, water and lemon juice.So, in a jar put 1 eggplant thinly sliced and fill with 1 liter water.Let stand over night (in the fridge if you like).The next day remove the eggplant and add the juice of 1 or 2 lemons.Drink along the day. Do this 2 weeks in a row.I havent tested it, yet(lazy :P)It's simple and ... it's vegan :)Try it! What have you got to loose besides cholesterol? Let me know if it worked for You.Do You use a lot of coconut and palm oil? They say it makes the cholesterol levels go up.On the other hand olive oil will help your HDL (the good guy) go up and the LDL (the bad guy) go down.Cheers,BeatrizI tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Peter VV

<swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: parents Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:37 PM

my parents were a bit like that, before I went vegie, and vegan when I was a kid, we didnt have much, so it was a question of eat whats there or go without. my mother always seemed to be in the kitchen, cooking/baking making jam etc......... ...she still cooks for me ..........

I`m just a big momies boy......... .....:)

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comFriday, 27 June, 2008 9:26:23 PMRe: parents

All my dad eats is red meat and starch, and wonders why his health is so bad and he's overweight. :( My mom eats nothing but chicken and gorges on candy when she thinks no one is looking.

I worry about them both, but especially my dad. He has NO leeway. Unfortunately he's the product of his generation and all he knows is red meat and starch.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:20 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

sad to hear everyone's parent woes....blue rose...hope your folks are ok now...cancer certainly seems to be on the rise, i know quite a few ppl with various forms and in various stages...not good, not good at all....my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems something else has come upnever funfraggle"We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out." - Bill Moyers------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

Guest guest

That sounds wierd?

I do eat half a grapefruit every morning which is supposed to help.

Dont think there is anything nutritionally valuable in an aubergine is there? Probably the vitamin C in the lemon as an antioxident?

I am aware of how bad coconut oil is , so have cut down, I do take an EFA suppliment ( but mostly because I believe it helps with the migranes I rarely get ), dont know if it helps with HDL/LDL levels.

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight Sent: Friday, 27 June, 2008 9:49:47 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

Hi Peter,I heard/read a couple of times of this homemade remedy for cholesterol.It's rather simple. Basically all You need is eggplant, water and lemon juice.So, in a jar put 1 eggplant thinly sliced and fill with 1 liter water.Let stand over night (in the fridge if you like).The next day remove the eggplant and add the juice of 1 or 2 lemons.Drink along the day. Do this 2 weeks in a row.I havent tested it, yet(lazy :P)It's simple and ... it's vegan :)Try it! What have you got to loose besides cholesterol? Let me know if it worked for You.Do You use a lot of coconut and palm oil? They say it makes the cholesterol levels go up.On the other hand olive oil will help your HDL (the good guy) go up and the LDL (the bad guy) go down.Cheers,BeatrizI tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Peter VV

<swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents@gro ups.comFriday, June 27, 2008, 4:37 PM

my parents were a bit like that, before I went vegie, and vegan when I was a kid, we didnt have much, so it was a question of eat whats there or go without. my mother always seemed to be in the kitchen, cooking/baking making jam etc......... ...she still cooks for me ..........

Peter vv

Blue Rose <bluerose156@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comFriday, 27 June, 2008 9:26:23 PMRe: parents

All my dad eats is red meat and starch, and wonders why his health is so bad and he's overweight. :( My mom eats nothing but chicken and gorges on candy when she thinks no one is looking.

I worry about them both, but especially my dad. He has NO leeway. Unfortunately he's the product of his generation and all he knows is red meat and starch.

sad to hear everyone's parent woes....blue rose...hope your folks are ok now...cancer certainly seems to be on the rise, i know quite a few ppl with various forms and in various stages...not good, not good at all....my father also has a really bad heart....everytime i talk to him it seems something else has come upnever funfraggle"We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out." - Bill Moyers------------ --------- --------- ------To send an email to -unsubscr ibe

Guest guest

Well, Dear...I have no clue about eggplant's chemistry nor of what transits out of the eggplant and into the water. It's that this recipe comes in natural health books and also saw it here on TV.So, it's up to you whether you want to try it out or not...Cheers,Beatriz--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: parents... cholesterol Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:58 PM

That sounds wierd?

Dont think there is anything nutritionally valuable in an aubergine is there? Probably the vitamin C in the lemon as an antioxident?

I am aware of how bad coconut oil is , so have cut down, I do take an EFA suppliment ( but mostly because I believe it helps with the migranes I rarely get ), dont know if it helps with HDL/LDL levels.

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comFriday, 27 June, 2008 9:49:47 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

Hi Peter,I heard/read a couple of times of this homemade remedy for cholesterol.It's rather simple. Basically all You need is eggplant, water and lemon juice.So, in a jar put 1 eggplant thinly sliced and fill with 1 liter water.Let stand over night (in the fridge if you like).The next day remove the eggplant and add the juice of 1 or 2 lemons.Drink along the day. Do this 2 weeks in a row.I havent tested it, yet(lazy :P)It's simple and ... it's vegan :)Try it! What have you got to loose besides cholesterol? Let me know if it worked for You.Do You use a lot of coconut and palm oil? They say it makes the cholesterol levels go up.On the other hand olive oil will help your HDL (the good guy) go up and the LDL (the bad guy) go down.Cheers,BeatrizI tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Peter VV

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents@gro ups.comFriday, June 27, 2008, 4:37 PM

Peter vv

Guest guest

from wiki:

Studies of the Institute of Biology of São Paulo State University, Brazil (Instituto de Biociências of the UNESP de Botucatu, São Paulo) showed that eggplant is effective in the treatment of high blood cholesterol hypercholesterolemia.

It can block the formation of free radicals, help control cholesterol levels and is also a source of folic acid and potassium.[6]

Beatriz Jun 27, 2008 5:13 PM Re: parents... cholesterol

Well, Dear...I have no clue about eggplant's chemistry nor of what transits out of the eggplant and into the water. It's that this recipe comes in natural health books and also saw it here on TV.So, it's up to you whether you want to try it out or not...Cheers,Beatriz--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents... cholesterol Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 4:58 PM

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comFriday, 27 June, 2008 9:49:47 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

Hi Peter,I heard/read a couple of times of this homemade remedy for cholesterol.It's rather simple. Basically all You need is eggplant, water and lemon juice.So, in a jar put 1 eggplant thinly sliced and fill with 1 liter water.Let stand over night (in the fridge if you like).The next day remove the eggplant and add the juice of 1 or 2 lemons.Drink along the day. Do this 2 weeks in a row.I havent tested it, yet(lazy :P)It's simple and ... it's vegan :)Try it! What have you got to loose besides cholesterol? Let me know if it worked for You.Do You use a lot of coconut and palm oil? They say it makes the cholesterol levels go up.On the other hand olive oil will help your HDL (the good guy) go up and the LDL (the bad guy) go down.Cheers,BeatrizI tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter vv

Guest guest

Aahh!!! Scientific evidence we have here..Thank You, Fraggle, for educating me :)Can You please give me the direct link?--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: parents... cholesterol Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 5:18 PM

from wiki:

Studies of the Institute of Biology of São Paulo State University, Brazil (Instituto de Biociências of the UNESP de Botucatu, São Paulo) showed that eggplant is effective in the treatment of high blood cholesterol hypercholesterolemi a.

It can block the formation of free radicals, help control cholesterol levels and is also a source of folic acid and potassium.[6]

Beatriz Jun 27, 2008 5:13 PM @gro ups.com Re: parents... cholesterol

Well, Dear...I have no clue about eggplant's chemistry nor of what transits out of the eggplant and into the water. It's that this recipe comes in natural health books and also saw it here on TV.So, it's up to you whether you want to try it out or not...Cheers,Beatriz--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents... cholesterol@gro ups.comFriday, June 27, 2008, 4:58 PM

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

Ah, thanks, found it :)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggplant#Health_properties--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: parents... cholesterol Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 5:18 PM

from wiki:

Studies of the Institute of Biology of São Paulo State University, Brazil (Instituto de Biociências of the UNESP de Botucatu, São Paulo) showed that eggplant is effective in the treatment of high blood cholesterol hypercholesterolemi a.

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents... cholesterol@gro ups.comFriday, June 27, 2008, 4:58 PM

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggplant

Beatriz Jun 27, 2008 5:22 PM Re: parents... cholesterol

Aahh!!! Scientific evidence we have here..Thank You, Fraggle, for educating me :)Can You please give me the direct link?--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>Re: parents... cholesterol Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 5:18 PM

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Hi Peter,I heard/read a couple of times of this homemade remedy for cholesterol.It's rather simple. Basically all You need is eggplant, water and lemon juice.So, in a jar put 1 eggplant thinly sliced and fill with 1 liter water.Let stand over night (in the fridge if you like).The next day remove the eggplant and add the juice of 1 or 2 lemons.Drink along the day. Do this 2 weeks in a row.I havent tested it, yet(lazy :P)It's simple and ... it's vegan :)Try it! What have you got to loose besides cholesterol? Let me know if it worked for You.Do You use a lot of coconut and palm oil? They say it makes the cholesterol levels go up.On the other hand olive oil will help your HDL (the good guy) go up and the LDL (the bad guy) go down.Cheers,BeatrizI tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Fri, 6/27/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter vv

Guest guest

Thanks again :)I havent yet found a way to really like eggplant :(Any recipe suggestion? But one very easy to make and that wont need to use the oven.It's summer, it's too hot in here. And not too soaked up in fat.Thanks,Beatriz--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:fraggle <EBbrewpunxRe: parents... cholesterol Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 5:33 PM

en.wikipedia. org/wiki/Eggplant

Beatriz Jun 27, 2008 5:22 PM @gro ups.com Re: parents... cholesterol

Aahh!!! Scientific evidence we have here..Thank You, Fraggle, for educating me :)Can You please give me the direct link?--- On Fri, 6/27/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>Re: parents... cholesterol@gro ups.comFriday, June 27, 2008, 5:18 PM

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

so its time for ratatouile, baba ganoush,stuffed aubergine etc......

You guys better start giving me some recipes , or I might flake out on you, you dont want that on your concience do you? well , DO YOU!?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, 27 June, 2008 10:18:19 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

that "aubergine-water" is not that difficult to drink, actually quite refreshing with the lemon juice in it.--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: parents... cholesterol Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 11:48 AM

You guys better start giving me some recipes , or I might flake out on you, you dont want that on your concience do you? well , DO YOU!?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comFriday, 27 June, 2008 10:18:19 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

Aw c,mon there must be better use for an aubergine than that?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 4:52:53 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

that "aubergine-water" is not that difficult to drink, actually quite refreshing with the lemon juice in it.--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents... cholesterol@gro ups.comSaturday, June 28, 2008, 11:48 AM

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comFriday, 27 June, 2008 10:18:19 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

hehehe... :DWell, actually nobody said to through the used aubergine away.Do You think one should?I am also looking for at least one good recipe.The ones I saw, either had to use the oven, which I with this heat utterly refuse to do,or would use such amounts of fat...yuk!--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: parents... cholesterol Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 11:54 AM

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comSaturday, 28 June, 2008 4:52:53 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

that "aubergine-water" is not that difficult to drink, actually quite refreshing with the lemon juice in it.--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents... cholesterol@gro ups.comSaturday, June 28, 2008, 11:48 AM

Peter vv

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

Thats the trouble with them, they are like sponges and do drink up any oil.

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 5:00:20 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

hehehe... :DWell, actually nobody said to through the used aubergine away.Do You think one should?I am also looking for at least one good recipe.The ones I saw, either had to use the oven, which I with this heat utterly refuse to do,or would use such amounts of fat...yuk!--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents... cholesterol@gro ups.comSaturday, June 28, 2008, 11:54 AM

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comSaturday, 28 June, 2008 4:52:53 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

Peter vv

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

NO - definitely not. I don't cook aubergine very often, but when I go out I sometimes have garlic aubergine with green bean rice. I must find out how that is made and let you know.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Saturday, June 28, 2008 4:48 PM

Re: parents... cholesterol

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Friday, 27 June, 2008 10:18:19 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

I agree about the heat - we've been cooking Peter's wedding cake :-) - 5 hours 20 minutes.

Jo

-

Beatriz

Saturday, June 28, 2008 5:00 PM

hehehe... :DWell, actually nobody said to through the used aubergine away.Do You think one should?I am also looking for at least one good recipe.The ones I saw, either had to use the oven, which I with this heat utterly refuse to do,or would use such amounts of fat...yuk!--- On Sat, 6/28/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents... cholesterol Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 11:54 AM

Peter vv

Peter vv

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

Aha!So, that's where all this heat is coming from...--- On Sat, 6/28/08, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:jo <jo.heartworkRe: parents... cholesterol Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 1:47 PM

I agree about the heat - we've been cooking Peter's wedding cake :-) - 5 hours 20 minutes.

Jo

-

Beatriz

@gro ups.com

Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com>Re: parents... cholesterol@gro ups.comSaturday, June 28, 2008, 11:54 AM

Peter vv

Peter vv

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

LOL - could well be :-)

Jo

-

Beatriz

Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:01 PM

Aha!So, that's where all this heat is coming from...--- On Sat, 6/28/08, jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

jo <jo.heartwork >Re: parents... cholesterol Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 1:47 PM

Jo

-

Beatriz

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

Peter vv

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

Didnt know he was getting married, congrats to him and her. isnt 5 hrs for a cake a bit excessive? must be a real low heat?

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 6:47:13 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

Jo

-

Beatriz

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

Peter vv

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv

Guest guest

He certainly is :-)

The cake was from the Linda Majzlik baking book - the marinated fruit cake. That recipe was for an 8" round cake so we had to multiply the amounts to fit a 10" square cake (which is bigger than it sounds). It is baked on Gas mark 2 - so very low. We had a practice run a few weeks ago, and it was a really delicious cake - I would recommend it to anyone who needs a rich fruit cake.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:57 PM

Didnt know he was getting married, congrats to him and her. isnt 5 hrs for a cake a bit excessive? must be a real low heat?

Peter vv

jo <jo.heartwork > Sent: Saturday, 28 June, 2008 6:47:13 PMRe: parents... cholesterol

Jo

-

Beatriz

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

Peter vv

from wiki:

That sounds wierd?

Peter vv

Peter vv