IndiaDivine.org

Doctor Who ps

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Should I say - how are they going to get back to normal - we know the Doctor stays, we know Sarah Jane stays, we know Torchwood has another series.

Jo

Guest guest

Hi JoThis is Russell T Davies. The cliff hanger will probably be resolved exactly the same way all his cliff hangers are resolved... someone will pull something out of their pocket, press a button, and all the baddies will be zapped by it / everything will be put back to normal.

BBPeter2008/6/28 jo <jo.heartwork:

Should I say - how are they going to get back to normal - we know the Doctor stays, we know Sarah Jane stays, we know Torchwood has another series.

Jo

Guest guest

Hi Peter

For the first half of the episode I was swept along on the speed of it all! Colin was doing something to the dinner and missed a bit, so I had to try to explain to him what had gone on. When I explained, it seemed not a lot had really happened. The bit about the bees was a bit of nothing really. I thought Davros was good, and noticed his voice, or way of speaking, leaning more towards the Emperor in Star Wars than previously.

I reckon you will be right about the ending, I can't see any other way for it.

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:36 PM

Re: Doctor Who ps

Hi JoThis is Russell T Davies. The cliff hanger will probably be resolved exactly the same way all his cliff hangers are resolved... someone will pull something out of their pocket, press a button, and all the baddies will be zapped by it / everything will be put back to normal.BBPeter

2008/6/28 jo <jo.heartwork >:

Jo

Guest guest

I'm not holding my breath... this time last season I was really excited and it was a disaster. And I never thought I'd say this, but really, enough with the Daleks already.

(Although I did like seeing Sarah Jane's reaction to Davros, that was special.)

On 6/29/08, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

Hi Peter

For the first half of the episode I was swept along on the speed of it all! Colin was doing something to the dinner and missed a bit, so I had to try to explain to him what had gone on. When I explained, it seemed not a lot had really happened. The bit about the bees was a bit of nothing really. I thought Davros was good, and noticed his voice, or way of speaking, leaning more towards the Emperor in Star Wars than previously.

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

Hi JoThis is Russell T Davies. The cliff hanger will probably be resolved exactly the same way all his cliff hangers are resolved... someone will pull something out of their pocket, press a button, and all the baddies will be zapped by it / everything will be put back to normal.

BBPeter

2008/6/28 jo <jo.heartwork:

Jo

-- Ms Madeline J Anderson

t: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

Guest guest

Hi GayaI agree. I did quite like the last episode of last year, but the ending, with the Russell T. Davies trademarked " big reverse-it-all button " , was a bit of a disappointment. I can't help feeling that we're going to have exactly the same this year... my suspicion is that the thing Martha is looking after will be the button in question.

I was never a big fan of Daleks anyway, but when 3 out of 4 series have them as the " big bad " in the climax, it's incredibly tedious. I'm just glad that RTD is leaving, and we'll have Steven Moffat taking charge.

BBPeter2008/6/30 Gayalondiel <gayalondiel:

I'm not holding my breath... this time last season I was really excited and it was a disaster. And I never thought I'd say this, but really, enough with the Daleks already.

Hi Peter

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

BBPeter

Jo

Guest guest

Well, I am affirmed Dalek fan - especially storylines like " Genesis of the Daleks " . And I remember being so very pleased with that pull-back shot in the penultimate of season 1 when they revealed the fleet of Daleks - that was awesome.

Now, though, I see a Dalek and I'm all " again? sigh " which is rather distressing.

And yes, I think Martha's gizmo is in fact a Big Red Reset Button. Although Donna's not in the xmas special so there is hope for some angst. (I have seen no spoilers though - so don't tell me!)

Gaya :)

On 6/30/08, Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote:

Hi GayaI agree. I did quite like the last episode of last year, but the ending, with the Russell T. Davies trademarked " big reverse-it-all button " , was a bit of a disappointment. I can't help feeling that we're going to have exactly the same this year... my suspicion is that the thing Martha is looking after will be the button in question.

I was never a big fan of Daleks anyway, but when 3 out of 4 series have them as the " big bad " in the climax, it's incredibly tedious. I'm just glad that RTD is leaving, and we'll have Steven Moffat taking charge.

BBPeter

2008/6/30 Gayalondiel <gayalondiel:

Hi Peter

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

BBPeter

Jo

-- Ms Madeline J Andersont: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

Guest guest

Hi GayaThere have been some great Dalek stories - amd Genesis is one of my all time favourites... I just think at times they've been stuck in stories which could have been better with a unique enemy...I've only seen one spoiler for the Xmas special, and that was only a couple of photos (don't worry, I won't say any more than that!)

BBPeter2008/6/30 Gayalondiel <gayalondiel:

Well, I am affirmed Dalek fan - especially storylines like " Genesis of the Daleks " . And I remember being so very pleased with that pull-back shot in the penultimate of season 1 when they revealed the fleet of Daleks - that was awesome.

Now, though, I see a Dalek and I'm all " again? sigh " which is rather distressing.

And yes, I think Martha's gizmo is in fact a Big Red Reset Button. Although Donna's not in the xmas special so there is hope for some angst. (I have seen no spoilers though - so don't tell me!)

BBPeter

Hi Peter

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

BBPeter

Jo

Guest guest

I only know who was in the special because they were shooting locally so it was all over the news. I didn't go down and see it though - I'm holding out for Hamlet to see my beloved David!

G

Hi GayaThere have been some great Dalek stories - amd Genesis is one of my all time favourites... I just think at times they've been stuck in stories which could have been better with a unique enemy...

I've only seen one spoiler for the Xmas special, and that was only a couple of photos (don't worry, I won't say any more than that!) BBPeter

BBPeter

Hi Peter

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

BBPeter

Jo

Guest guest

I do agree about the Daleks - they have certainly over done it. I reckon you could be right about the thing Martha has. I am certainly looking forward to Steven Moffat taking over - should be good - and hopefully as scary as 'Blink'.

BBJo

-

Peter Kebbell

Monday, June 30, 2008 12:03 PM

Hi GayaI agree. I did quite like the last episode of last year, but the ending, with the Russell T. Davies trademarked "big reverse-it-all button", was a bit of a disappointment. I can't help feeling that we're going to have exactly the same this year... my suspicion is that the thing Martha is looking after will be the button in question.I was never a big fan of Daleks anyway, but when 3 out of 4 series have them as the "big bad" in the climax, it's incredibly tedious. I'm just glad that RTD is leaving, and we'll have Steven Moffat taking charge.BBPeter

2008/6/30 Gayalondiel <gayalondiel (AT) livejournal (DOT) com>:

On 6/29/08, jo <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Hi Peter

Jo

-

Peter Kebbell

Hi JoThis is Russell T Davies. The cliff hanger will probably be resolved exactly the same way all his cliff hangers are resolved... someone will pull something out of their pocket, press a button, and all the baddies will be zapped by it / everything will be put back to normal.BBPeter

2008/6/28 jo <jo.heartwork >:

Jo