IndiaDivine.org

kinda upset actually..

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

my son just came back from boyscout camp.. toting 6 rabbit pelts. i didnt know that they had these there, nor did i think they were going to tell him things like

1. its good to hunt animals because otherwise animals would over populate the planet, and over run us.

2. that its good to hunt anything that isnt on the endangered species list.

they look like REAL rabbit pelts. I am not sure if they are real, nor how to tell, because we dont have animal furs in our home, and never have..

now i have to sit here and de scrabble my kids brains.

they have been in scouts since kindergarten, but this is the 1st year they were in boy scouts, not cub scouts..

i didnt see anything in the paperwork saying anything about them teaching my kids to hunt, or that they would be having animal dead skins for sale in their scout shop.

apparently they scout leaders made it seem like they were so cool, and were trophys.

i am just really pissed. i think as a parent they should have said that in their paperwork.

i mean i KNEW he was going to shoot bee bee guns for target practice at a hay stack.. which i wasn't thrilled about, but he wants to join the military and can't , so i thought whatever its just hay and i am the parent and he will never be shooting anything alive ... and i didnt want to make him sit out where the other kids were doing it...

but i never ever saw anything about a hunting class... or hunting anything actually..

it makes me mad..

of coarse he is like the scout leaders say..

and thats supposed to be gold..

how can i get his brain back to where it was before they screwed with it....

Rene' Toro

Guest guest

That's terrible. I would be most annoyed too. In fact, even as a

meat eater I would have been most annoyed that they carried out an

activity that they had not told you about beforehand. I would let

your son see your disgust at what has happened.

Jo

, Rene From Cali

<californiafairy24 wrote:

>

> my son just came back from boyscout camp.. toting 6 rabbit pelts. i

didnt know that they had these there, nor did i think they were going

to tell him things like

> 1. its good to hunt animals because otherwise animals would over

populate the planet, and over run us.

> 2. that its good to hunt anything that isnt on the endangered

species list.

>  

>  

> they look like REAL rabbit pelts. I am not sure if they are real,

nor how to tell, because we dont have animal furs in our home, and

never have..

>  

> now i have to sit here and de scrabble my kids brains.

>  

> they have been in scouts since kindergarten, but this is the 1st

year they were in boy scouts, not cub scouts..

>  i didnt see anything in the paperwork saying anything about them

teaching my kids to hunt, or that they would be having animal dead

skins for sale in their scout shop.

>  

> apparently they scout leaders made it seem like they were so cool,

and were trophys.

>  

> i am just really pissed. i think as a parent they should have said

that in their paperwork.

>  

> i mean i KNEW he was going to shoot bee bee guns for target

practice at a hay stack.. which i wasn't thrilled about, but he wants

to join the military and can't , so i thought whatever its just hay

and i am the parent and he will never be shooting anything alive ...

and i didnt want to make him sit out where the other kids were doing

it...

>  

> but i never ever saw anything about a hunting class... or hunting

anything actually..

>  

> it makes me mad..

> of coarse he is like the scout leaders  say..

>  

> and thats supposed to be gold..

>  

> how can i get his brain back to where it was before they screwed

with it.....

>

>

> Rene' Toro

>  

>  

>

Guest guest

I would protest to the scout leader as well. Write them a formal complaint and CC their local " chief scout " (I forget what they're called...) and if you don't get any headway with that, write to the media.

Gaya x

On 6/30/08, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

That's terrible. I would be most annoyed too. In fact, even as a meat eater I would have been most annoyed that they carried out an activity that they had not told you about beforehand. I would let your son see your disgust at what has happened.

Jo , Rene From Cali

<californiafairy24 wrote:>> my son just came back from boyscout camp.. toting 6 rabbit pelts. i didnt know that they had these there, nor did i think they were going to tell him things like

> 1. its good to hunt animals because otherwise animals would over populate the planet, and over run us.> 2. that its good to hunt anything that isnt on the endangered species list.> >

> they look like REAL rabbit pelts. I am not sure if they are real, nor how to tell, because we dont have animal furs in our home, and never have..> > now i have to sit here and de scrabble my kids brains.

> > they have been in scouts since kindergarten, but this is the 1st year they were in boy scouts, not cub scouts..> i didnt see anything in the paperwork saying anything about them teaching my kids to hunt, or that they would be having animal dead

skins for sale in their scout shop.> > apparently they scout leaders made it seem like they were so cool, and were trophys.> > i am just really pissed. i think as a parent they should have said

that in their paperwork.> > i mean i KNEW he was going to shoot bee bee guns for target practice at a hay stack.. which i wasn't thrilled about, but he wants to join the military and can't , so i thought whatever its just hay

and i am the parent and he will never be shooting anything alive ... and i didnt want to make him sit out where the other kids were doing it...> > but i never ever saw anything about a hunting class... or hunting

anything actually..> > it makes me mad..> of coarse he is like the scout leaders say.. > > and thats supposed to be gold..> > how can i get his brain back to where it was before they screwed

with it..... > > > Rene' Toro> > >

--

Ms Madeline J Andersont: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

-- Ms Madeline J Andersont: 01242 861269m: 07881 623654e: maddy.anderson

Guest guest

That's shocking!Assuming he's under 16 (or legal age of consent in whatever part of the world you're in), they *should* have got a parental permission slip for any activities. In guiding (which I know about as Katy is a guide leader!) if the parents haven't signed a permission slip for any activity, the leaders are legally obliged to make the girl sit out... obviously most " everyday " activities are covered by a generic permission slip, but anything that deals with outdoor activities, they have to have specific permission.

You might want to make a complaint to the district commissioner of the scouting movement in your area, and imply that you are seeking legal advice...BBPeter2008/6/29 Rene From Cali <californiafairy24:

my son just came back from boyscout camp.. toting 6 rabbit pelts. i didnt know that they had these there, nor did i think they were going to tell him things like

1. its good to hunt animals because otherwise animals would over populate the planet, and over run us.

they look like REAL rabbit pelts. I am not sure if they are real, nor how to tell, because we dont have animal furs in our home, and never have..

they have been in scouts since kindergarten, but this is the 1st year they were in boy scouts, not cub scouts..

i didnt see anything in the paperwork saying anything about them teaching my kids to hunt, or that they would be having animal dead skins for sale in their scout shop.

apparently they scout leaders made it seem like they were so cool, and were trophys.

i am just really pissed. i think as a parent they should have said that in their paperwork.

i mean i KNEW he was going to shoot bee bee guns for target practice at a hay stack.. which i wasn't thrilled about, but he wants to join the military and can't , so i thought whatever its just hay and i am the parent and he will never be shooting anything alive ... and i didnt want to make him sit out where the other kids were doing it...

but i never ever saw anything about a hunting class... or hunting anything actually..

it makes me mad..

Rene' Toro

Guest guest

that was what i was thinking i didnt know if i didnt know this because it is their first year as a real 'boy scout' and not a cub scout.. i thought scouts was about like camping, and making knots, and how to start a fire with flint type things.. making friends.... campfires roasting marshmellows...

i am thinking of pulling my kids from this group, the last time they had a mini camp, my son came home and said this one kid who was 14, mind you my son is 11, that he had been trying to cuddle with him while he was sleeping, and that he was telling the kids about what they will go through when they hit puberty.

i called the police and made a report, called the scout master, etc.. all that ended up happening since he didnt " do " anything, is they removed him from the troop.

WOW.. big deal.

I was really mad , but my boys, 11 and 12 , wanted to do this end of the year camp trip.. camporee i think its called..

then they come back from this one, and now this happens.

just seems they are not running things properly... but this is my 1st year as a real scout family.. and i am not sure if this is normal... ?

Rene' Toro

--- On Mon, 6/30/08, Peter Kebbell <metalscarab wrote:

Peter Kebbell <metalscarabRe: kinda upset actually.. Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 10:59 AM

That's shocking!Assuming he's under 16 (or legal age of consent in whatever part of the world you're in), they *should* have got a parental permission slip for any activities. In guiding (which I know about as Katy is a guide leader!) if the parents haven't signed a permission slip for any activity, the leaders are legally obliged to make the girl sit out... obviously most "everyday" activities are covered by a generic permission slip, but anything that deals with outdoor activities, they have to have specific permission.You might want to make a complaint to the district commissioner of the scouting movement in your area, and imply that you are seeking legal advice...BBPeter

2008/6/29 Rene From Cali <californiafairy24@ >:

it makes me mad..

Rene' Toro

Guest guest

oh.. he knows...

Rene' Toro

--- On Mon, 6/30/08, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Re: kinda upset actually.. Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 6:48 AM

That's terrible. I would be most annoyed too. In fact, even as a meat eater I would have been most annoyed that they carried out an activity that they had not told you about beforehand. I would let your son see your disgust at what has happened. Jo@gro ups.com, Rene From Cali <californiafairy24@ ...> wrote:>> my son just came back from boyscout camp.. toting 6 rabbit pelts. i didnt know that they had these there, nor did i think they were going to tell him things like > 1. its good to hunt animals because otherwise animals would over populate the planet, and over run us.> 2. that its good to hunt anything that isnt on the endangered species list.> > > they look like REAL rabbit pelts. I am not sure if they are real, nor how to tell,

because we dont have animal furs in our home, and never have..> > now i have to sit here and de scrabble my kids brains. > > they have been in scouts since kindergarten, but this is the 1st year they were in boy scouts, not cub scouts..> i didnt see anything in the paperwork saying anything about them teaching my kids to hunt, or that they would be having animal dead skins for sale in their scout shop.> > apparently they scout leaders made it seem like they were so cool, and were trophys.> > i am just really pissed. i think as a parent they should have said that in their paperwork.> > i mean i KNEW he was going to shoot bee bee guns for target practice at a hay stack.. which i wasn't thrilled about, but he wants to join the military and can't , so i thought whatever its just hay and i am the parent and he

will never be shooting anything alive ... and i didnt want to make him sit out where the other kids were doing it...> > but i never ever saw anything about a hunting class... or hunting anything actually..> > it makes me mad..> of coarse he is like the scout leaders say.. > > and thats supposed to be gold..> > how can i get his brain back to where it was before they screwed with it..... > > > Rene' Toro> > >

Guest guest

sorry rene

i think the best thing to do is to give him alternatives. let him learn about the reasons why this is all bad for himself. give him the means and let him open his eyes.

Rene From Cali Jun 29, 2008 12:03 PM kinda upset actually..

it makes me mad..

Rene' Toro

“We now know that a neo-conservative is an arsonist who sets the house on fire and six years later boasts that no one can put it out.†- Bill Moyers