Guest guest

Guest guest

as the 4th o July rapidily approaches, any of ya'll former colonists have any

plans?

doing anything special?

hiding the furkids from the noise?

parties?

picnics?

have any picnic/bbq/outdoor celebration recipes you'd like to share?

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first

thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

There's a vegan BBQ potluck thingie that I'll be attending near me. It's a Boston Veg event. :)

On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 3:39 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

as the 4th o July rapidily approaches, any of ya'll former colonists have any plans?doing anything special?

hiding the furkids from the noise?parties?picnics?have any picnic/bbq/outdoor celebration recipes you'd like to share?With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

---To send an email to -! Groups Links<*> /

<*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional<*> To change settings online go to: /join

( ID required)<*> To change settings via email: -digest -fullfeatured

<*>

Guest guest

my italians are down actually , they took a houseing swap in san franny. so they will be coming down far as i know, and we are going to the suisun marina to watch the fireworks !

Rene' Toro

--- On Tue, 7/1/08, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Indepence Day"vegan chat" Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 7:39 PM

as the 4th o July rapidily approaches, any of ya'll former colonists have any plans?doing anything special?hiding the furkids from the noise?parties?picnics?have any picnic/bbq/outdoor celebration recipes you'd like to share?With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

What will I do this weekend? It’s

interesting. I have not seen a complete fireworks display in my life, except

on TV with the volume off. I have a giant phobia of loud booming noise and

actually become hysterical and start screaming when exposed to things like

exploding fireworks, balloons bursting, or gunshots. My Depression-era parents,

from the school of “Shut up and tough out your issues!” used to drag me to

fireworks displays and then finally gave up because of, well, all my

screaming. The technical name of it is “Ligyrophobia.”

I actually refused to visit my parents where they LIVE in Hawaii near December 31-January 1st

because it is the tradition there to set off bazillions of firecrackers.

Now, just for a lighter moment, I have the

following phobias as well. It’s interesting that my Dad has some of these too.

Can you guess what they are?

Claustrophobia

Gerontophobia.

Social Phobia

Gephyrophobia

Entomophobia

Globophobia

Musophobia

My Dad and I are pretty much together in our problems with these

phobias. I get around great, though. However, I have been known to throw up

after driving over a bridge….

OK, contestants. Good luck! (Jeopardy theme playing…)

Cyn

On Behalf Of fraggle

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 3:39

PM

vegan chat

Indepence

Day

as the 4th o July rapidily approaches, any of ya'll

former colonists have any plans?

doing anything special?

hiding the furkids from the noise?

parties?

picnics?

have any picnic/bbq/outdoor celebration recipes you'd like to share?

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first

thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Answrs below - just in case others want to answer without seeing this.

JO

-

ckg

Tuesday, July 01, 2008 11:48 PM

RE: Indepence Day

What will I do this weekend? It’s interesting. I have not seen a complete fireworks display in my life, except on TV with the volume off. I have a giant phobia of loud booming noise and actually become hysterical and start screaming when exposed to things like exploding fireworks, balloons bursting, or gunshots. My Depression-era parents, from the school of “Shut up and tough out your issues!” used to drag me to fireworks displays and then finally gave up because of, well, all my screaming. The technical name of it is “Ligyrophobia.” I actually refused to visit my parents where they LIVE in Hawaii near December 31-January 1st because it is the tradition there to set off bazillions of firecrackers.

Now, just for a lighter moment, I have the following phobias as well. It’s interesting that my Dad has some of these too. Can you guess what they are?

Claustrophobia - fear of enclosed spaces

Gerontophobia. - fear of growing old

Social Phobia - excessive anxiety when mixing with people

Gephyrophobia - fear of crossing bridges

Entomophobia - fear of insects

Globophobia - fear of balloons

Musophobia - fear of mice and rats, and that they might contaminate food (according to Wikipeadia)

My Dad and I are pretty much together in our problems with these phobias. I get around great, though. However, I have been known to throw up after driving over a bridge….

OK, contestants. Good luck! (Jeopardy theme playing…)

Cyn

On Behalf Of fraggleTuesday, July 01, 2008 3:39 PMvegan chat Indepence Day

as the 4th o July rapidily approaches, any of ya'll former colonists have any plans?doing anything special?hiding the furkids from the noise?parties?picnics?have any picnic/bbq/outdoor celebration recipes you'd like to share?With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

you looked em up!

cheater!

hahahahhahahahahaha

jo Jul 1, 2008 11:40 PM Re: Indepence Day

JO

-

ckg

What will I do this weekend? It’s interesting. I have not seen a complete fireworks display in my life, except on TV with the volume off. I have a giant phobia of loud booming noise and actually become hysterical and start screaming when exposed to things like exploding fireworks, balloons bursting, or gunshots. My Depression-era parents, from the school of “Shut up and tough out your issues!” used to drag me to fireworks displays and then finally gave up because of, well, all my screaming. The technical name of it is “Ligyrophobia.” I actually refused to visit my parents where they LIVE in Hawaii near December 31-January 1st because it is the tradition there to set off bazillions of firecrackers.

Now, just for a lighter moment, I have the following phobias as well. ItÂ’s interesting that my Dad has some of these too. Can you guess what they are?

Musophobia - fear of mice and rats, and that they might contaminate food (according to Wikipeadia)

My Dad and I are pretty much together in our problems with these phobias. I get around great, though. However, I have been known to throw up after driving over a bridgeÂ….

OK, contestants. Good luck! (Jeopardy theme playingÂ…)

Cyn

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

I looked up gephyrophobia and globophobia - but new the others.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 4:56 PM

Re: Indepence Day

you looked em up!

cheater!

hahahahhahahahahaha

jo Jul 1, 2008 11:40 PM Re: Indepence Day

JO

-

ckg

Now, just for a lighter moment, I have the following phobias as well. ItÂ’s interesting that my Dad has some of these too. Can you guess what they are?

My Dad and I are pretty much together in our problems with these phobias. I get around great, though. However, I have been known to throw up after driving over a bridgeÂ….

OK, contestants. Good luck! (Jeopardy theme playingÂ…)

Cyn

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

coulrophobia

i think everyone should have that one! clowns are eviillllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Shelley Jul 2, 2008 8:30 AM Re: Indepence Day

Very interesting phobias! I wonder what we call a fear of clowns? I am terrified of them.

Shelley H

Guest guest

Coulrophobia. I don't like clowns either - because you can't see their faces properly. I wouldn't call mine a phobia though.

Jo

-

Shelley

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 5:30 PM

Re: Indepence Day

Very interesting phobias! I wonder what we call a fear of clowns? I am terrified of them.

Shelley H