IndiaDivine.org

Vegan? Healthy, and flavorful, too

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Heres a challenge for you.........

Anyone got a recipe for a pizza with tofu in the topping? not broken into tiny bits , but chunks?

Peter vv

Sky <darkcloudsinthesky Sent: Friday, 4 July, 2008 3:37:59 PM Re: Vegan? Healthy, and flavorful, too

Hello,Really? No cheese pizzas?That would have been great to tell my dad.My dad,brother and sister in law went to Italy in May.I did not go on our family trip this time around.My dad is allergic to dairy. There was a lot of cheese around mostly all he ate a lot of pasta and vegetables. He could not have any desserts served in restaurants they went to and it was difficult to get most people to understand he couldnt' have any cheese, milk etc..lol.I think mostly cause of the English but even here back home when he was in the hospital the nutritionist did not understand that it was not lactose intolerance it is a true allergy and he could get very sick if he consumed dairy.Peace,Sky@gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ ...>

wrote:>> Hi Sky> > > It's hard to top a pizza without cheese...lol.> > And yet, if you go to Italy (from whence Pizza's originate), they hardly > ever have cheese on their Pizza....> > BB> Peter>

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

sure...just cut into thin blocks, fry it up, toss it with soy sauce, the add it to pizza

goes well with garlic, broccoli, and spinach...

we tried actually pizza last nite, but everything was closed over here in the east bay....

Peter VV Jul 5, 2008 8:29 AM Re: Re: Vegan? Healthy, and flavorful, too

Anyone got a recipe for a pizza with tofu in the topping? not broken into tiny bits , but chunks?

Peter vv

Sky <darkcloudsinthesky > Sent: Friday, 4 July, 2008 3:37:59 PM Re: Vegan? Healthy, and flavorful, too

Hello,Really? No cheese pizzas?That would have been great to tell my dad.My dad,brother and sister in law went to Italy in May.I did not go on our family trip this time around.My dad is allergic to dairy. There was a lot of cheese around mostly all he ate a lot of pasta and vegetables. He could not have any desserts served in restaurants they went to and it was difficult to get most people to understand he couldnt' have any cheese, milk etc..lol.I think mostly cause of the English but even here back home when he was in the hospital the nutritionist did not understand that it was not lactose intolerance it is a true allergy and he could get very sick if he consumed dairy.Peace,Sky@gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ ...> wrote:>> Hi Sky> > > It's hard to top a pizza without cheese...lol.> > And yet, if you go to Italy (from whence Pizza's originate), they hardly > ever have cheese on their Pizza....> > BB> Peter>

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

So here's a a really good pizza recipe, found on veg web (this site si sooo wonderful!), with tofu and no soy cheese (I wish so much I'd like soy cheese, but I don't know... ew). The only problem is that it is a time-consuming recipe, but trust me it's worth it!

Recipes => Miscellaneous Pizza

Recipe submitted by livingvegan (http://vegweb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=79925), 02/27/08Amazing Caramelized Red Pepper & Vegan Feta PizzaIngredients (use vegan versions (http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=15403.0)): caramelized red pepper jam (recipe below) vegan feta (recipe below) handful of sundried tomatoes, sliced in half 2 good handfuls of baby spinach 1/4 red onion 1/2-3/4 cup passata (tomato puree) 2 tablespoons vegan pesto, or 2 tablespoons fresh / 2 teaspoons dried basil 1-2 garlic cloves salt & pepper olive oil fav pizza dough (tip - infuse olive oil in recipe with a few cloves of garlic, this adds great flavour)

RED PEPPER JAM: 2 large red bell peppers/capsicums, sliced thinly 1 red onion, sliced thinly 2 cloves garlic 1-2 tablespoons sugar 2-3 teaspoons red wine vinegar 1 tablespoon water VEGAN FETA: 8 oz firm tofu (regular or herbed) 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon dried basil 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ground black pepperDirections:1. Roll out dough, sprinkle on some olive oil and fresh minced garlic. Leave for one hour if you have time.2. Mix tomato puree with garlic and basil or pesto. Spread on base and add the red pepper

jam and vegan feta (or, if you like the feta really sharp, add it when it comes out of the oven). Bake about 15 min at 400F.3. Wilt spinach in a fry pan with a little olive oil.4. When pizza is cooked and ready to serve, add the spinach and dollops of the jam. Enjoy!RED PEPPER JAM DIRECTIONS:1. Roast capsicums and onion at about 350F for 15-20 min or until onion is golden.2. Once roasted, add to a med saucepan along with garlic, water and sugar, cook for 5-10 min so sugar melts and caramelizes and reduces a little. Add vinegar, salt and pepper to taste and cook another 5-10 min. Let cool.This jam is also great with Tofutti cream cheese and crackers.VEGAN FETA DIRECTIONS:Cut tofu into 1/4 inch chunks and place into a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a smaller bowl and whisk until well blended. Pour over the tofu chunks and toss until evenly coated. Cover and allow to

marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.

Peter VV <swpgh01 Sent: Saturday, July 5, 2008 11:29:45 AMRe: Re: Vegan? Healthy, and flavorful, too

Peter vv

Sky <darkcloudsinthesky@ >@gro ups.comFriday, 4 July, 2008 3:37:59 PM Re: Vegan? Healthy, and flavorful, too

Hello,Really? No cheese pizzas?That would have been great to tell my dad.My dad,brother and sister in law went to Italy in May.I did not go on our family trip this time around.My dad is allergic to dairy. There was a lot of cheese around mostly all he ate a lot of pasta and vegetables. He could not have any desserts served in restaurants they went to and it was difficult to get most people to understand he couldnt' have any cheese, milk etc..lol.I think mostly cause of the English but even here back home when he was in the hospital the nutritionist did not understand that it was not lactose intolerance it is a true allergy and he could get very sick if he consumed dairy.Peace,Sky@gro ups.com, "Peter" <metalscarab@ ...>

wrote:>> Hi Sky> > > It's hard to top a pizza without cheese...lol.> > And yet, if you go to Italy (from whence Pizza's originate), they hardly > ever have cheese on their Pizza....> > BB> Peter>

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Answers.

Guest guest

I don't have a recipe, but if you are ever visiting Covent Garden, go

to Neals Yard cafe, and they do a delicious one.

Jo

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Heres a challenge for you.........

> Anyone got a recipe for a pizza with tofu in the topping? not

broken into tiny bits , but chunks?

>

>  

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

> Sky <darkcloudsinthesky

>

> Friday, 4 July, 2008 3:37:59 PM

> Re: Vegan? Healthy, and flavorful, too

>

>

> Hello,

>

> Really? No cheese pizzas?

>

> That would have been great to tell my dad.

>

> My dad,brother and sister in law went to Italy in May.

> I did not go on our family trip this time around.

> My dad is allergic to dairy. There was a lot of cheese around

mostly

> all he ate a lot of pasta and vegetables. He could not have any

> desserts served in restaurants they went to and it was difficult to

get

> most people to understand he couldnt' have any cheese, milk

etc..lol.

>

> I think mostly cause of the English but even here back home when he

was

> in the hospital the nutritionist did not understand that it was not

> lactose intolerance it is a true allergy and he could get very sick

if

> he consumed dairy.

>

> Peace,

> Sky

>

> @gro ups.com, " Peter " <metalscarab@ ...>

wrote:

> >

> > Hi Sky

> >

> > > It's hard to top a pizza without cheese...lol.

> >

> > And yet, if you go to Italy (from whence Pizza's originate), they

> hardly

> > ever have cheese on their Pizza....

> >

> > BB

> > Peter

> >

>

>

>

>