IndiaDivine.org

Vegan coming-out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

That is too hot for me - but I hope you are enjoying it.

Jo

-

Blue Rose

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 1:54 PM

Re: Re: Vegan coming-out

Yeah, low 90s here today--same as past few days.

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 2:39 AM, heartwerk <jo.heartwork > wrote:

Sounds like you all have hotter than normal weather over there. Wehave a lot of rain at present, in fact today there is supposed to be75mm of rain in Wales and the South West (both Peters). The monthlyrainfall total is usually 70mm!Jo

---To send an email to -

Guest guest

Oh dear. The few things I am growing seem okay at the moment, but you never know what is going to happen.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:37 PM

definately so far this year

much warmer then normal.

my greens all gave up the ghost again

heartwerk Jul 8, 2008 11:39 PM Re: Vegan coming-out

Sounds like you all have hotter than normal weather over there. We have a lot of rain at present, in fact today there is supposed to be 75mm of rain in Wales and the South West (both Peters). The monthly rainfall total is usually 70mm!Jo

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Kaput is German - I comment only on English.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:59 PM

i love basil

and, yeah, my basil is doing fine with the heat

its the chard, new zealand spinach, kale, nasturtiums and peas which went kaput

oh, wait, let me say that correctly:

Forsooth! tis yonder green whith hath giveth up and joineth thee choir invisible

Blue Rose Jul 9, 2008 7:38 AM Re: Re: Vegan coming-out

My basil and mint are thriving! Seriously, my basil is taking over the huge pot I put in it. I'm going to have to get a bigger one or something....

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 10:37 AM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> wrote:

definately so far this year

much warmer then normal.

my greens all gave up the ghost again

heartwerk Jul 8, 2008 11:39 PM

Re: Vegan coming-out

Sounds like you all have hotter than normal weather over there. We have a lot of rain at present, in fact today there is supposed to be 75mm of rain in Wales and the South West (both Peters). The monthly rainfall total is usually 70mm!Jo

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

-- Email: bluerose156 AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156http://x-bluerose-x.livejournal.com~Boston_GothicBoston_MysticBoston-Pagans

Guest guest

HI Shelley

Where are you? It sounds nasty. Good luck.

Jo

-

Shelley

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 3:05 PM

Re: Vegan coming-out

Hmmmmm-hard to talk to much, Jo, when our city is being evacuated AGAIN due to the Camp and West fires. I have not yet been sent away with my 6 cats and dog but dare not go anywhere lest I not be permitted back home, as happened last time. There I was, homeless with no warning.

Whoever said, "Do you buy it?" if something says "may" contain milk. No, I don't. Also, if there is a whole paragraph of ingredients I don't buy it. None of them are usually familiar and quite suspect. I buy peanut butter that has the ingredients of "peanuts". So simple.

Shelley H

Guest guest

Let us know what happens.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:36 PM

Yep, tiss a pure joy...........

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 7:53:00 AM Re: Vegan coming-out

Is your company having a reshuffle? :-(Same is going on here.Aren't we lucky!Jo@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> Had to drive all the way to Birmingham for a 50 minute meeting about how I have to find myself a new role within the company I work for. Great, 6 hours on the road for diddly squat, are they having a giraffe or what?> >  > Peter vv> > > > > fraggle <EBbrewpunx@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Tuesday, 8 July, 2008 9:08:48 PM> Re: Re: Vegan coming-out> > > busy looking for work> and, really, just haven't had time to play online (or much to say)> then again, i really rarely have much to say....> > > > > Blue Rose > Jul 8, 2008 11:54 AM > @gro ups.com > Re: Re: Vegan coming-out > > > Heh--busy at work, lol.> > > On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Peter VV <swpgh01 (AT) talk21 (DOT) com> wrote:> > You want me to stir everyone up a bit? > >  > Peter vv> > > > > jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>> @gro ups.com> Tuesday, 8 July, 2008 6:31:26 PM> Re: Re: Vegan coming-out> > > My goodness - it's quiet on here today. Shame after the people who have been joining in recently. I hope you haven't all gone away.>  > Jo>  > - > Faith > @gro ups.com > Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:40 AM> Re: Vegan coming-out> > Hello,> > Hm, what to say... that depends a LOT on the audience. Sky put it> beautifully, if you are coming from a place of patience and compassion> your message land better. > A few things I have found helpful to remember when interacting with> others:> * I try to let people ask me rather than coming at them full of> information that they are not wanting to hear. When the women in my> program ask how I stay so thin, I tell them that I lost weight and> kept it off easily going vegan. This opens the door to a discussion> that they are more willing to hear. I only talk about veganism for as> long at the other person seems receptive. If the talk gets too> heated, I drop it. We can always pick it up later.> * I like to avoid talking about how disgusting non-vegan foods are> over meals. Telling people that there are legal levels of pus allowed> in milk while they're finishing off a tall glass doesn't really go> over well. If people ask me about my reasons for being vegan while we> are eating, I will engage them a bit, then ask if we can continue the> discussion another time.> * I try to remember a few decent references (books, websites) off the> top of my head that I can recommend to others when the information> they are asking for becomes too specific for me to know the exact> answers to. I can tell them a bit about health, but there are amazing> books, articles, and websites out there with more accurate and up to> date information that what I'm able to hold in my head. I get their> email address and send them links.> * When the interaction is clearly intended to provoke me, I smile, and> ignore the bait. A guy in my class, Hunter... ironically, invites me> to a stake house almost every day while laughing. I always, politely,> decline and thank him for being so thoughtful as to ask me out. My> classmates respect me more for standing by my beliefs without> screaming at them than they would if I allowed myself to act like the> freak they expect me to be. A few of them have gone vegetarian over> the past year! > * Following interactions or days that bring me to my knees, I go home> and vent to other vegans that will understand where I'm coming from. > Because people do not meet vegans often, I know that each of us, for> better or worse, represent the vegan community at large to people in> our lives. If people see that I am healthy, happy, and strong in my> beliefs, they will be more willing to listen to what I have to say> than if I come off as a judgmental, angry, and whiny about how> deprived I feel.> > I don't know if that answered your question at all. That book, Vegan> Freak, has great advise on all sorts of social situations. My husband> and I love being vegan, I think people see that when we speak to them> about veganism.> > Does anyone know if it is ok to post recipes from books on these> forums? We had the most amazing vegan burritos tonight! I'll share> the recipe if I'm allowed to. :) > > Have a wonderful night,> ~Faith> > @gro ups.com, Beatriz <searchingalight@ ...> wrote:> >> > Hi Faith :)> > Could You perhaps share a few tips with us on what to say?> > Talking to some people, specially those who aren't sure on whether> fish is animal or vegetable, just makes me swing between frustration,> desperation and irritation :S> > At times it gets really hard to keep my cools :(> > Thanks,> > Beatriz> > > ____________ _________ _________ __> Not happy with your email address? > Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at > > > -- > Email: bluerose156@ gmail.com> AIM: A Blue Rose 156 YM: blue_rose_156> http://x-bluerose- x.livejournal. com> ~> http://groups. / group/Boston_ Gothic> http://groups. / group/Boston_ Mystic> http://groups. / group/Boston- Pagans > > With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Not happy with your email address?.> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at http://uk.docs. / ymail/new. html>

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at