IndiaDivine.org

PC gone mad?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I read an article in the news last week where the police had issued something like 40,000 postcards in the community with a puppy on the front, but had to withdraw them because Muslims complained? ( at the tax payers expense ) apparently the dog is considered dirty to Muslims? I never heard of that before? seems a bit much? its not like any Jews boycotted "Babe" when it came out?, and I bet there are plenty of Muslim shop keepers selling dog food?

If I`ve gone too far, just let meknow. I dont mean anything by it, but apparently have a tendancy to upset people.But puppys? come on, its not like they were putting opposing religious icons up or anything, just cute little puppy on a postcard? Is this Political correctness gone mad?

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

from the stuff i read about this 9in scotland), it's actually a tempest ina teapot

from what i read, it appears the daily and telegraph papers are just trying to stir up controversary. looks like maybe one person or so complained, and the police panicked, and the papers pounced.

Peter VV Jul 5, 2008 8:58 AM Re: PC gone mad?

I read an article in the news last week where the police had issued something like 40,000 postcards in the community with a puppy on the front, but had to withdraw them because Muslims complained? ( at the tax payers expense ) apparently the dog is considered dirty to Muslims? I never heard of that before? seems a bit much? its not like any Jews boycotted "Babe" when it came out?, and I bet there are plenty of Muslim shop keepers selling dog food?

If I`ve gone too far, just let meknow. I dont mean anything by it, but apparently have a tendancy to upset people.But puppys? come on, its not like they were putting opposing religious icons up or anything, just cute little puppy on a postcard? Is this Political correctness gone mad?

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.