IndiaDivine.org

Vegan Ayurvedic Dahl Recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is the recipe I made the other day...so good!Makes 4-6 servings (from Yoga Journal)1 Cup Red Lentils5 Cups Water1 tsp ground turmeric2 tsps ground coriander1-1/2 tsps fresh ginger, grated1-1/2 tsps salt 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil1 tsp Cumin Seeds1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine1. Combine the lentils, water, turmeric, coriander and ginger in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and cover. SImmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are fully cooked and soft (my cook time on this was only about 18 mins)2. Turn off the heat and add the salt3. In large saucepan, warm up the oil over moderate heat and add the cumin seeds to sauté for a min. or so, or until they turn brown and release their aroma4. Pour the lentils into the saucepan and cover to allow the seasoning to blend, about 2 mins. Garnish with cilantro.YUM! Lorraine Bryda /// Art DirectorHatch Studios /// http://hatch-studios.comlbrydatelephone: 682/622-9057efax: 810/821-7760

Guest guest

thanx lorraine

i'm a big coconut milk and lentil fan, but i'll try this one soon!

lorraine bryda Jul 9, 2008 5:26 AM Vegan Ayurvedic Dahl Recipe

This is the recipe I made the other day...so good!

Makes 4-6 servings (from Yoga Journal)

1 Cup Red Lentils

5 Cups Water

1 tsp ground turmeric

2 tsps ground coriander

1-1/2 tsps fresh ginger, grated

1-1/2 tsps salt

2 Tbsp Coconut Oil

1 tsp Cumin Seeds

1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped fine

1. Combine the lentils, water, turmeric, coriander and ginger in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low and cover. SImmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are fully cooked and soft (my cook time on this was only about 18 mins)

2. Turn off the heat and add the salt

3. In large saucepan, warm up the oil over moderate heat and add the cumin seeds to sauté for a min. or so, or until they turn brown and release their aroma

4. Pour the lentils into the saucepan and cover to allow the seasoning to blend, about 2 mins.

Garnish with cilantro.

YUM!

Lorraine Bryda /// Art Director

Hatch Studios /// http://hatch-studios.com

lbryda (AT) hatch-studios (DOT) com

telephone: 682/622-9057

efax: 810/821-7760

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.