IndiaDivine.org

Apricot Tofu Cheesecake

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is one of Kramer's favorite recipes, from La Dolce Vegan (Arsenal Pulp; $24.95) by Sarah Kramer, and tastes better made a day ahead. I suggest serving it with something tart like fresh or frozen berries. Vegan cracker crumbs are sold in some health food stores; you can grind up digestive cookies or honey-free cookies you've made yourself.

I use cane sugar or fine demarara sugar, both brown in colour, rather than white granulated. My favourite is Panela whole cane sugar.

Crust:

1-1/2cups vegan graham cracker crumbs

1/4 cup vegan margarine, melted

1/4 cup sugar

Filling:

Two 300g packages soft or silken tofu

2 cups vegan "cream cheese"

3/4 cup sugar

1 tbsp vanilla extract

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

2 tsp finely grated lemon rind

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

Glaze:

1 cup apricot fruit spread (preserves)

1 tbsp cornstarch

1/4 cup water

Lightly oil 9-inch springform pan.

Combine crumbs, margarine and sugar in small bowl. Press firmly into pan; place in fridge.

Add filling ingredients to food processor. Process until smooth. Pour over crust in prepared pan; smooth top. Bake in 300F oven about 75 minutes or until middle is set. Cool completely. Cover; refrigerate overnight.

Combine fruit spread, cornstarch and water in small saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring. Cool completely. Remove sides from pan; spread glaze evenly over top of cake.

Makes 12 to 16 servings.

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

and the neighbors apricot tree is bursting with fruit, and several brances are happily hanging over our fence

i

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 12:24 PM Re: Apricot Tofu Cheesecake

This is one of Kramer's favorite recipes, from La Dolce Vegan (Arsenal Pulp; $24.95) by Sarah Kramer, and tastes better made a day ahead. I suggest serving it with something tart like fresh or frozen berries. Vegan cracker crumbs are sold in some health food stores; you can grind up digestive cookies or honey-free cookies you've made yourself.

I use cane sugar or fine demarara sugar, both brown in colour, rather than white granulated. My favourite is Panela whole cane sugar.

Crust:

1/4 cup sugar

Filling:

3/4 cup sugar

1 tbsp vanilla extract

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1/2 tsp salt

Glaze:

1 tbsp cornstarch

1/4 cup water

Combine crumbs, margarine and sugar in small bowl. Press firmly into pan; place in fridge.

Add filling ingredients to food processor. Process until smooth. Pour over crust in prepared pan; smooth top. Bake in 300F oven about 75 minutes or until middle is set. Cool completely. Cover; refrigerate overnight.

Combine fruit spread, cornstarch and water in small saucepan; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring. Cool completely. Remove sides from pan; spread glaze evenly over top of cake.

Makes 12 to 16 servings.

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

nice, hope you enjoy the shared wealth. I bought some in the mat=rket the other week, but even though they looked ripe, they were very dry. I think they were early ones from Spain? I do like ripe ones, and they are full of iron I believe.

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:59:44 PMRe: Apricot Tofu Cheesecake

and the neighbors apricot tree is bursting with fruit, and several brances are happily hanging over our fence

i

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 12:24 PM @gro ups.com Re: Apricot Tofu Cheesecake

Crust:

1/4 cup sugar

Filling:

3/4 cup sugar

1 tbsp vanilla extract

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1/2 tsp salt

Glaze:

1 tbsp cornstarch

1/4 cup water

Makes 12 to 16 servings.

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

i do beleive tha have iraon

and vitamin A...

funny, her tree always produces pretty late

Apricots usually have fruited out last month around here.

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 2:08 PM Re: Apricot Tofu Cheesecake

nice, hope you enjoy the shared wealth. I bought some in the mat=rket the other week, but even though they looked ripe, they were very dry. I think they were early ones from Spain? I do like ripe ones, and they are full of iron I believe.

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 9:59:44 PMRe: Apricot Tofu Cheesecake

i

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 12:24 PM @gro ups.com Re: Apricot Tofu Cheesecake

Crust:

1/4 cup sugar

Filling:

3/4 cup sugar

1 tbsp vanilla extract

2 tbsp fresh lemon juice

1/2 tsp salt

Glaze:

1 tbsp cornstarch

1/4 cup water

Makes 12 to 16 servings.

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.