IndiaDivine.org

miracle berry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

has anyone here tried the " miracle berry " , Synsepalum dulcificum?

it is a red berry, native to west africa, and currently being grown in south

florida over here in the colonies.

it re-wires the tongue, so acids taste sweet

so, a lime, a really hoppy beer, a grapefruit, all taste sweet

for about an hour....

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first

thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Is its "miracle" just changing flavours, or does it have any nutitional or medical proporties?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:13:11 PM miracle berry

has anyone here tried the "miracle berry", Synsepalum dulcificum?it is a red berry, native to west africa, and currently being grown in south florida over here in the colonies.it re-wires the tongue, so acids taste sweetso, a lime, a really hoppy beer, a grapefruit, all taste sweetfor about an hour....With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

just the changing of flavor from bitter/sour to sweet

AFAIK

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/7/9/the_fruit_hunters_a_story_of

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 2:29 PM Re: miracle berry

Is its "miracle" just changing flavours, or does it have any nutitional or medical proporties?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:13:11 PM miracle berry

has anyone here tried the "miracle berry", Synsepalum dulcificum?it is a red berry, native to west africa, and currently being grown in south florida over here in the colonies.it re-wires the tongue, so acids taste sweetso, a lime, a really hoppy beer, a grapefruit, all taste sweetfor about an hour....With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

So what is the point of it? puer novelty value? I mean if I want to eat something sweet, I choose something sweet? I wouldnt think I will get something sour and somehow alter its flavour to make it sweet? just seems dumb!

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 10 July, 2008 3:22:15 PMRe: miracle berry

AFAIK

http://www.democrac ynow.org/ 2008/7/9/ the_fruit_ hunters_a_ story_of

Peter VV Jul 9, 2008 2:29 PM @gro ups.com Re: miracle berry

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comWednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:13:11 PM miracle berry

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

i take it you don't eat a lot of sweet and sour sauce/soup or put hot sauce on sweet things....

Peter VV Jul 10, 2008 11:41 AM Re: miracle berry

So what is the point of it? puer novelty value? I mean if I want to eat something sweet, I choose something sweet? I wouldnt think I will get something sour and somehow alter its flavour to make it sweet? just seems dumb!

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, 10 July, 2008 3:22:15 PMRe: miracle berry

AFAIK

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comWednesday, 9 July, 2008 10:13:11 PM miracle berry

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

you "take it" correct. However, when I do occaisionally eat sweet and sour ( not too fussy so not very often, I enjoy both the sweet and sour. I thought all this gimmicky berry did was change one flavour to another?not let you taste the original flavour and the altered flavour?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 10 July, 2008 8:52:40 PMRe: miracle berry

i take it you don't eat a lot of sweet and sour sauce/soup or put hot sauce on sweet things....

Peter VV Jul 10, 2008 11:41 AM @gro ups.com Re: miracle berry

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 10 July, 2008 3:22:15 PMRe: miracle berry

AFAIK

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

doesn't most meal preparation change the flavor from one thing to another? isn't that the goal? to create new flavors?

anyways..the miracle berry creates a new sweet flavor out of bitter and sour foods...

i dunno, sounds really interesting to me

i'm gonna try and grow one once i get some seeds

Peter VV Jul 10, 2008 12:02 PM Re: miracle berry

you "take it" correct. However, when I do occaisionally eat sweet and sour ( not too fussy so not very often, I enjoy both the sweet and sour. I thought all this gimmicky berry did was change one flavour to another?not let you taste the original flavour and the altered flavour?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Thursday, 10 July, 2008 8:52:40 PMRe: miracle berry

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 10 July, 2008 3:22:15 PMRe: miracle berry

AFAIK

Peter vv

Guest guest

Still seems a gimmik to me, of no real use.Blending flavours to produce a new flavour is one thing, just changing something from sweet to sour is another? I suppose time will tell if it has any culinary worth.

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 10 July, 2008 9:08:39 PMRe: miracle berry

doesn't most meal preparation change the flavor from one thing to another? isn't that the goal? to create new flavors?

anyways..the miracle berry creates a new sweet flavor out of bitter and sour foods...

i dunno, sounds really interesting to me

i'm gonna try and grow one once i get some seeds

Peter VV Jul 10, 2008 12:02 PM @gro ups.com Re: miracle berry

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comThursday, 10 July, 2008 8:52:40 PMRe: miracle berry

Peter vv

AFAIK

Peter vv