species. I swear our furkids know how to cuss at each other with just

a look.

I just came back from being stood up at a bar. I did manage to get a

good buzz going with a glass of red wine, however, so it wasn't a

total loss. I notice that it is easier for me to be compassionate

when I'm just a little under the influence. Then I can see people as

the terrified little children that most of them are, posturing for

each other and just trying to fit in. This view of humans makes it a

bit easier to dig up some compassion for the fur-less animals.

Yeah for red wine!

Have a lovely night.

~Faith

, Beatriz <searchingalight wrote:

>

> Dear Faith, Dear Sky,

>

> What You two said was just so so beautiful.

> Thank You :)

> I wonder why it's still so much easier to me to be compassionate

towards members of other species than my own :-S

>

> Blessed Be,

> Beatriz

Guest guest

sorry you got stood up!

the knave!

sorry...couldn't resist..

anyways, the next date/meeting/get together will go better!

positive thinking? ok, so its never worked before fer me, but hey, always a first time....

Faith Jul 9, 2008 5:01 PM communicating with the others

It is easier to be compassionate towards members of other speciesbecause, unlike members of our own species, they do not run aroundpissing us off all day. We get to see the cute, furry side ofanimals, very little downside. If you notice their interactions witheach other, however, I think it is normal to have friction within aspecies. I swear our furkids know how to cuss at each other with justa look. I just came back from being stood up at a bar. I did manage to get agood buzz going with a glass of red wine, however, so it wasn't atotal loss. I notice that it is easier for me to be compassionatewhen I'm just a little under the influence. Then I can see people asthe terrified little children that most of them are, posturing foreach other and just trying to fit in. This view of humans makes it abit easier to dig up some compassion for the fur-less animals.Yeah for red wine!Have a lovely night.~Faith , Beatriz <searchingalight wrote:>> Dear Faith, Dear Sky,> > What You two said was just so so beautiful.> Thank You :)> I wonder why it's still so much easier to me to be compassionatetowards members of other species than my own :-S> > Blessed Be,> Beatriz

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

LOL - there are bad tempered, mean people in all species.

Jo

-

Faith

Thursday, July 10, 2008 1:01 AM

communicating with the others

It is easier to be compassionate towards members of other speciesbecause, unlike members of our own species, they do not run aroundpissing us off all day. We get to see the cute, furry side ofanimals, very little downside. If you notice their interactions witheach other, however, I think it is normal to have friction within aspecies. I swear our furkids know how to cuss at each other with justa look. I just came back from being stood up at a bar. I did manage to get agood buzz going with a glass of red wine, however, so it wasn't atotal loss. I notice that it is easier for me to be compassionatewhen I'm just a little under the influence. Then I can see people asthe terrified little children that most of them are, posturing foreach other and just trying to fit in. This view of humans makes it abit easier to dig up some compassion for the fur-less animals.Yeah for red wine!Have a lovely night.~Faith , Beatriz <searchingalight wrote:>> Dear Faith, Dear Sky,> > What You two said was just so so beautiful.> Thank You :)> I wonder why it's still so much easier to me to be compassionatetowards members of other species than my own :-S> > Blessed Be,> Beatriz

Guest guest

If someone stood me up they wouldn't get a second chance.

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:29 PM

Re: communicating with the others

sorry you got stood up!

the knave!

positive thinking? ok, so its never worked before fer me, but hey, always a first time....

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

why, do you enjoy being knocked down and prone?

heh heh heh

jo Jul 10, 2008 10:36 AM Re: communicating with the others

Jo

-

fraggle

sorry you got stood up!

the knave!

It is easier to be compassionate towards members of other speciesbecause, unlike members of our own species, they do not run aroundpissing us off all day. We get to see the cute, furry side ofanimals, very little downside. If you notice their interactions witheach other, however, I think it is normal to have friction within aspecies. I swear our furkids know how to cuss at each other with justa look. I just came back from being stood up at a bar. I did manage to get agood buzz going with a glass of red wine, however, so it wasn't atotal loss. I notice that it is easier for me to be compassionatewhen I'm just a little under the influence. Then I can see people asthe terrified little children that most of them are, posturing foreach other and just trying to fit in. This view of humans makes it abit easier to dig up some compassion for the fur-less animals.Yeah for red wine!Have a lovely night.~Faith , Beatriz <searchingalight wrote:>> Dear Faith, Dear Sky,> > What You two said was just so so beautiful.> Thank You :)> I wonder why it's still so much easier to me to be compassionatetowards members of other species than my own :-S> > Blessed Be,> BeatrizWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

?

Jo

-

fraggle

Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:02 PM

why, do you enjoy being knocked down and prone?

heh heh heh

jo Jul 10, 2008 10:36 AM Re: communicating with the others

Jo

-

fraggle

sorry you got stood up!

the knave!

It is easier to be compassionate towards members of other speciesbecause, unlike members of our own species, they do not run aroundpissing us off all day. We get to see the cute, furry side ofanimals, very little downside. If you notice their interactions witheach other, however, I think it is normal to have friction within aspecies. I swear our furkids know how to cuss at each other with justa look. I just came back from being stood up at a bar. I did manage to get agood buzz going with a glass of red wine, however, so it wasn't atotal loss. I notice that it is easier for me to be compassionatewhen I'm just a little under the influence. Then I can see people asthe terrified little children that most of them are, posturing foreach other and just trying to fit in. This view of humans makes it abit easier to dig up some compassion for the fur-less animals.Yeah for red wine!Have a lovely night.~Faith , Beatriz <searchingalight wrote:>> Dear Faith, Dear Sky,> > What You two said was just so so beautiful.> Thank You :)> I wonder why it's still so much easier to me to be compassionatetowards members of other species than my own :-S> > Blessed Be,> BeatrizWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Giggle. I don't mind so much. It is a bit frustrating to be left

waiting, but whatever. The wine was still good, and there were funny

cat videos on the bar TV. The person won't get a second chance. I

met " her " online, it was kind of a blind date thing. I've noticed

that most of the " women " I meet online are not really women at all. I

always imagine some 65-year-old man in Alaska at his computer wearing

nothing but polar bear boxers and laughing at the thought of people

going out to meet his alter ego.

~Faith

> why, do you enjoy being knocked down and prone?

> heh heh heh

jo

Jul 10, 2008 10:36 AM

@gro ups.com

& #65279; If someone stood me up they wouldn't get a second chance.

Jo - fraggle

<EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> To:

@gro ups.com <@gro ups.com>

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:29 PM Re:

sorry you got stood up!

the knave!

sorry...couldn' t resist..

anyways, the next date/meeting/ get together will go better!

positive thinking? ok, so its never worked before fer me, but

hey, always a first time....

Guest guest

dang..you found me out

i'm a 14 yr old gurl...living in new jersey.....

Faith Jul 10, 2008 12:21 PM Re: communicating with the others

Giggle. I don't mind so much. It is a bit frustrating to be leftwaiting, but whatever. The wine was still good, and there were funnycat videos on the bar TV. The person won't get a second chance. Imet "her" online, it was kind of a blind date thing. I've noticedthat most of the "women" I meet online are not really women at all. Ialways imagine some 65-year-old man in Alaska at his computer wearingnothing but polar bear boxers and laughing at the thought of peoplegoing out to meet his alter ego.~Faith> why, do you enjoy being knocked down and prone?> heh heh hehjoJul 10, 2008 10:36 AM@gro ups.com & #65279; If someone stood me up they wouldn't get a second chance.Jo - fraggle<EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> To:@gro ups.com <@gro ups.com>Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:29 PM Re: communicating with the otherssorry you got stood up!the knave!sorry...couldn' t resist..anyways, the next date/meeting/ get together will go better!positive thinking? ok, so its never worked before fer me, buthey, always a first time....

Guest guest

Hey me & my sheep saw him/her first!

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Thursday, 10 July, 2008 9:43:13 PMRe: Re: communicating with the others

dang..you found me out

Faith Jul 10, 2008 12:21 PM @gro ups.com Re: communicating with the others

Giggle. I don't mind so much. It is a bit frustrating to be leftwaiting, but whatever. The wine was still good, and there were funnycat videos on the bar TV. The person won't get a second chance. Imet "her" online, it was kind of a blind date thing. I've noticedthat most of the "women" I meet online are not really women at all. Ialways imagine some 65-year-old man in Alaska at his computer wearingnothing but polar bear boxers and laughing at the thought of peoplegoing out to meet his alter ego.~Faith> why, do you enjoy being knocked down and prone?> heh heh hehjoJul 10, 2008 10:36 AM@gro ups.com & #65279; If someone stood me up they wouldn't get a second chance.Jo - fraggle<EBbrewpunx@ earthlin k.net> To:@gro ups.com

<vegan_ chat@gro ups.com>Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:29 PM Re: communicating with the otherssorry you got stood up!the knave!sorry...couldn' t resist..anyways, the next date/meeting/ get together will go better!positive thinking? ok, so its never worked before fer me, buthey, always a first time....

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

That reminds me: I heard on the radio earlier in the week that

this is Be Nice to New Jersey Week.

At 12:43 PM -0800 7/10/08, fraggle wrote:

dang..you found me out

Faith

Jul 10, 2008 12:21 PM

Giggle. I don't mind so much. It is a bit frustrating to be

left

waiting, but whatever. The wine was still good, and there were

funny

cat videos on the bar TV. The person won't get a second chance. I

met " her " online, it was kind of a blind date thing. I've

noticed

that most of the " women " I meet online are not really women

at all. I

always imagine some 65-year-old man in Alaska at his computer

wearing

nothing but polar bear boxers and laughing at the thought of

people

going out to meet his alter ego.

~Faith

> why, do you enjoy being knocked down and prone?

> heh heh heh

jo

Jul 10, 2008 10:36 AM

@gro ups.com

& #65279; If someone stood me up they wouldn't get a second

chance.

Jo - fraggle

<EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> To:

@gro ups.com <@gro

ups.com>

Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:29 PM Re:

sorry you got stood up!

the knave!

sorry...couldn' t resist..

anyways, the next date/meeting/ get together will go better!

positive thinking? ok, so its never worked before fer me, but

hey, always a first time....

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,

the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all

irrevocably.

Guest guest

good..the week is almost over...means we can go back to being mean to em again in a few days

:)

yarrow Jul 10, 2008 6:12 PM Re: Re: communicating with the others

That reminds me: I heard on the radio earlier in the week that this is Be Nice to New Jersey Week.

At 12:43 PM -0800 7/10/08, fraggle wrote:

dang..you found me out

FaithJul 10, 2008 12:21 PM Subject: Re: communicating with the others

Giggle. I don't mind so much. It is a bit frustrating to be leftwaiting, but whatever. The wine was still good, and there were funnycat videos on the bar TV. The person won't get a second chance. Imet "her" online, it was kind of a blind date thing. I've noticedthat most of the "women" I meet online are not really women at all. Ialways imagine some 65-year-old man in Alaska at his computer wearingnothing but polar bear boxers and laughing at the thought of peoplegoing out to meet his alter ego.~Faith> why, do you enjoy being knocked down and prone?> heh heh hehjoJul 10, 2008 10:36 AM@gro ups.com & #65279; If someone stood me up they wouldn't get a second chance.Jo - fraggle<EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net> To:@gro ups.com <@gro ups.com>Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:29 PM Re: communicating with the otherssorry you got stood up!the knave!sorry...couldn' t resist..anyways, the next date/meeting/ get together will go better!positive thinking? ok, so its never worked before fer me, buthey, always a first time....

Guest guest

Seriously, that's one of my favorite states to make fun of. It is

right up there with Louisiana, Alabama, and West Virginia.

Posted by: " fraggle " EBbrewpunx ebbrewpunx

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 pm (PDT)

good..the week is almost over...means we can go back to being

mean to em again in a few days

:)

yarrow

Jul 10, 2008 6:12 PM

@gro ups.com

Re: Re: communicating with the others

That reminds me: I heard on the radio earlier in the week that

this is Be Nice to New Jersey Week.

Guest guest

Do they make fun of you?

Peter vv

Faith <tigerpainter Sent: Friday, 11 July, 2008 9:04:15 PM Re: communicating with the others

Seriously, that's one of my favorite states to make fun of. It isright up there with Louisiana, Alabama, and West Virginia. Posted by: "fraggle" EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net ebbrewpunxThu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 pm (PDT)good..the week is almost over...means we can go back to beingmean to em again in a few days:)yarrowSent: Jul 10, 2008 6:12 PM@gro ups.comRe: Re: communicating with the othersThat reminds me: I heard on the radio earlier in the week thatthis is Be Nice to New Jersey Week.

Guest guest

Yup. They make fun of all vegans. You haven't heard the laughter?

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Do they make fun of you?

>

> Â

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

> Faith <tigerpainter

>

> Friday, 11 July, 2008 9:04:15 PM

> Re: communicating with the others

>

>

> Seriously, that's one of my favorite states to make fun of. It is

> right up there with Louisiana, Alabama, and West Virginia.

>

> Posted by: " fraggle " EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net ebbrewpunx

> Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 pm (PDT)

>

> good..the week is almost over...means we can go back to being

> mean to em again in a few days

>

> :)

>

>

> yarrow

> Jul 10, 2008 6:12 PM

> @gro ups.com

> Re: Re: communicating with the others

>

> That reminds me: I heard on the radio earlier in the week that

> this is Be Nice to New Jersey Week.

>

>

>

>

> ________

> Not happy with your email address?.

> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

available now at http://uk.docs./ymail/new.html

>

Guest guest

Why would they do that?

Peter vv

Faith <tigerpainter Sent: Saturday, 12 July, 2008 4:51:27 PM Re: communicating with the others

Yup. They make fun of all vegans. You haven't heard the laughter?@gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> Do they make fun of you?> > Â > Peter vv> > > > > Faith <tigerpainter@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Friday, 11 July, 2008 9:04:15 PM> Re: communicating with the others> > > Seriously, that's one of my favorite states to make fun of. It is> right up there with Louisiana, Alabama, and West Virginia. > > Posted by: "fraggle" EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net

ebbrewpunx> Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 pm (PDT)> > good..the week is almost over...means we can go back to being> mean to em again in a few days> > :)> > > yarrow Jul 10, 2008 6:12 PM> @gro ups.com> Re: Re: communicating with the others> > That reminds me: I heard on the radio earlier in the week that> this is Be Nice to New Jersey Week.> > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _> Not happy with your email address?.> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addressesavailable now at http://uk.docs. / ymail/new. html>

Guest guest

My oncologist just told me he doesn't even bother to tell cancer patients to eat vegan because no one will listen. He said less than 5% even try. And yet, he is convinced that eating vegan may reduce or keep cancer from recurring. For some reason he kept telling me this over and over again as I told him I have been 100% vegan since March 19 and lost 34 pounds and feeling great. By the time I left, I almost felt like he was letting me know how weird I was. I hope I am wrong.

Shelley H

Guest guest

I had cervical dysplasia before going vegan. I have had no problems

since going vegan.

My husband used to have horrible acid reflux. The doctors tried to

give him many different types of medication that he would have to be

on for the rest of his life. He tried a few, nothing helped. It was

getting so bad that it was keeping him awake at night. We went vegan.

It stopped after two months, and he hasn't had a single recurrence

since.

We've both lost weight, my complexion cleared up, and I've never had

so much energy. The funny thing is, we did it for the animals. I

can't believe how great we both feel. We tell everyone we know, but

your doctor is right, very few people want to listen. Even those

fighting cancer will not believe that something as simple as dietary

choices could make such a big difference in their health.

Good for you for being one of the few that was willing to listen (and

brave enough to be " weird " )!

~Faith

, Shelley <moondrop000 wrote:

>

> My oncologist just told me he doesn't even bother to tell cancer

patients to eat vegan because no one will listen. He said less than

5% even try. And yet, he is convinced that eating vegan may reduce or

keep cancer from recurring. For some reason he kept telling me this

over and over again as I told him I have been 100% vegan since March

19 and lost 34 pounds and feeling great. By the time I left, I

almost felt like he was letting me know how weird I was. I hope I am

wrong.

>

> Shelley H

>

Guest guest

Because they are threatened by the awesomeness of vegans. ;)

Faith

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Why would they do that?

>

> Â

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

> Faith <tigerpainter

>

> Saturday, 12 July, 2008 4:51:27 PM

> Re: communicating with the others

>

>

> Yup. They make fun of all vegans. You haven't heard the laughter?

>

> @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:

> >

> > Do they make fun of you?

> >

> > Â

> > Peter vv

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Faith <tigerpainter@ ...>

> > @gro ups.com

> > Friday, 11 July, 2008 9:04:15 PM

> > Re: communicating with the others

> >

> >

> > Seriously, that's one of my favorite states to make fun of. It is

> > right up there with Louisiana, Alabama, and West Virginia.

> >

> > Posted by: " fraggle " EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net ebbrewpunx

> > Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 pm (PDT)

> >

> > good..the week is almost over...means we can go back to being

> > mean to em again in a few days

> >

> > :)

> >

> >

> > yarrow@

> > Jul 10, 2008 6:12 PM

> > @gro ups.com

> > Re: Re: communicating with the others

> >

> > That reminds me: I heard on the radio earlier in the week that

> > this is Be Nice to New Jersey Week.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

> > Not happy with your email address?.

> > Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

> available now at http://uk.docs. / ymail/new. html

> >

>

>

>

>

> ________

> Not happy with your email address?.

> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

available now at http://uk.docs./ymail/new.html

>

Guest guest

Yeah, me too, never felt so good in my body than now, after 5 months of veganism! I really find it funny when people say : oh my god!!!!, it's dangerous for you health to be vegan!!!, where do you find your proteins???, etc., while they are drinking coke and eating hot dogs with fries :)

Faith <tigerpainter Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 3:52:28 PM Re: communicating with the others

I had cervical dysplasia before going vegan. I have had no problemssince going vegan. My husband used to have horrible acid reflux. The doctors tried togive him many different types of medication that he would have to beon for the rest of his life. He tried a few, nothing helped. It wasgetting so bad that it was keeping him awake at night. We went vegan.It stopped after two months, and he hasn't had a single recurrencesince. We've both lost weight, my complexion cleared up, and I've never hadso much energy. The funny thing is, we did it for the animals. Ican't believe how great we both feel. We tell everyone we know, butyour doctor is right, very few people want to listen. Even thosefighting cancer will not believe that something as simple as dietarychoices could make such a big difference in their health. Good for you for being one of the few that was willing to listen (andbrave

enough to be "weird")!~Faith@gro ups.com, Shelley <moondrop000@ ...> wrote:>> My oncologist just told me he doesn't even bother to tell cancerpatients to eat vegan because no one will listen. He said less than5% even try. And yet, he is convinced that eating vegan may reduce orkeep cancer from recurring. For some reason he kept telling me thisover and over again as I told him I have been 100% vegan since March19 and lost 34 pounds and feeling great. By the time I left, Ialmost felt like he was letting me know how weird I was. I hope I amwrong.> > Shelley H>

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Canada Messenger

Guest guest

Exactly!! Finding out (or knowing) you're vegan

*is* threatening to prevegans because, first of

all, it makes them aware that going vegan is a

possibility (which, popular culture is always

telling us, no one actually ever does without

sneaking in a hot dog at least once a week, or

getting dementia from eating tofu, or something),

and second, they see a real-life healthy vegan

with their own eyes.

At 7:53 PM +0000 7/13/08, Faith wrote:

>Because they are threatened by the awesomeness of vegans. ;)

>

>Faith

>

>

>

> , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>>

>> Why would they do that?

>>

>> Â

>> Peter vv

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> Faith <tigerpainter

>>

>> Saturday, 12 July, 2008 4:51:27 PM

>> Re: communicating with the others

>>

>>

>> Yup. They make fun of all vegans. You haven't heard the laughter?

>>

>> @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01@ > wrote:

>> >

>> > Do they make fun of you?

>> >

>> > Â

>> > Peter vv

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > Faith <tigerpainter@ ...>

>> > @gro ups.com

>> > Friday, 11 July, 2008 9:04:15 PM

>> > Re: communicating with the others

>> >

>> >

>> > Seriously, that's one of my favorite states to make fun of. It is

>> > right up there with Louisiana, Alabama, and West Virginia.

>> >

>> > Posted by: " fraggle " EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net ebbrewpunx

>> > Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:34 pm (PDT)

>> >

>> > good..the week is almost over...means we can go back to being

>> > mean to em again in a few days

>> >

>> > :)

>> >

>> >

>> > yarrow@

>> > Jul 10, 2008 6:12 PM

>> > @gro ups.com

>> > Re: Re: communicating with the others

>> >

>> > That reminds me: I heard on the radio earlier in the week that

>> > this is Be Nice to New Jersey Week.

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> >

>> > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _

>> > Not happy with your email address?.

>> > Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

>> available now at http://uk.docs. / ymail/new. html

>> >

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> ________

>> Not happy with your email address?.

>> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

>available now at http://uk.docs./ymail/new.html

>>

>

>

>

>---

>

>To send an email to

>-!

>Groups Links

>

>

>

Guest guest

One of the first things my mother's oncologist told her after

saying she had cancer was that changing what she eats would make no

difference! (And she made a point of telling me that.) Maybe it would

have made a diff, maybe not. She died within 6 months after the

diagnosis.

At 7:13 PM -0700 7/12/08, Shelley wrote:

My oncologist just told me he doesn't even bother to tell cancer

patients to eat vegan because no one will listen. He

said less than 5% even try. And yet, he is convinced that eating

vegan may reduce or keep cancer from recurring. For some

reason he kept telling me this over and over again as I told him I

have been 100% vegan since March 19 and lost 34 pounds and feeling

great. By the time I left, I almost felt like he was

letting me know how weird I was. I hope I am wrong.

Guest guest

Hi Yarrow

> One of the first things my mother's oncologist told her after saying she had cancer was that changing what she eats would make no difference!

I really struggle to understand that attitude. Just on a purely rational basis - our bodies are made up of what we eat... how can our diet "not make a difference"????

BB

Peter

Guest guest

That's good news. It's strange how people won't listen to advice, even when their life depends on it.

Jo

-

Faith

Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:52 PM

I had cervical dysplasia before going vegan. I have had no problemssince going vegan. My husband used to have horrible acid reflux. The doctors tried togive him many different types of medication that he would have to beon for the rest of his life. He tried a few, nothing helped. It wasgetting so bad that it was keeping him awake at night. We went vegan.It stopped after two months, and he hasn't had a single recurrencesince. We've both lost weight, my complexion cleared up, and I've never hadso much energy. The funny thing is, we did it for the animals. Ican't believe how great we both feel. We tell everyone we know, butyour doctor is right, very few people want to listen. Even thosefighting cancer will not believe that something as simple as dietarychoices could make such a big difference in their health. Good for you for being one of the few that was willing to listen (andbrave enough to be "weird")!~Faith , Shelley <moondrop000 wrote:>> My oncologist just told me he doesn't even bother to tell cancerpatients to eat vegan because no one will listen. He said less than5% even try. And yet, he is convinced that eating vegan may reduce orkeep cancer from recurring. For some reason he kept telling me thisover and over again as I told him I have been 100% vegan since March19 and lost 34 pounds and feeling great. By the time I left, Ialmost felt like he was letting me know how weird I was. I hope I amwrong.> > Shelley H>

Guest guest

Yarrow,

I am sorry your mother's stage of cancer took her life. There are two parts to fighting cancer, taking care of the cancer you already have and keeping it from recurring. Existing cancer may react to treatment or may not. But there is a huge decrease in recurrence for people whose weight is normal vs. people who are overweight. Plus countless vegetables, fruits, and whole grains and nuts and seeds fight cancer from developing.

Her doctor was right that it was too late for her. But it is not too late for many others. Hugs to you. I lost my mother to dementia, and now they are saying eating right might have affected that also.

Shelley H