IndiaDivine.org

Is vegetarianism better?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Read the stupid ( sorry, but it is) comment below this "article"

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/health & id=6279714

Have you ever been bullied by a vegetarian?

I ask because I was driving home from work last week, listening to one of my favorite radio talk shows, and the topic was vegetarianism. And a doctor, who was a guest on the show and a vegan, challenged the co-host to a foot race.

In making the challenge, the doctor told his opponent he would not win because his body wasn't "clean."

Aparently the doctor used the word clean in describing his meat eating opponent. The doctor insinuated that his status as a vegan placed him in a better position to win the physical challenge.

I don't know who won the foot race, but the comment left a bad taste in my mouth.

There seems to be an ongoing debate between meat eaters and vegetarians. Having been a vegetarian (no meat, poultry or fish) 10 years ago, I understand and respect both sides of the issue.

Today, I am a happy meat eater, who is very healthy and satisfied with my choice to eat meat. It is possible to live a healthy life as a meat eater, contrary to the belief of some people. Eating lean cuts of meats, fish and seafood is not only a healthful style of eating, but is very satisfying.

Protein is integral to rigorous training and I prefer to get mine from meat. I even know someone who resumed eating meat after decades of vegetarianism so that her body could better handle a new exercise regimen.

Just because you choose to eliminate meat, seafood, fish or any combination of the three from your diet, you are not assured healthier living.

In fact, during my time as a vegetarian, I became very anemic and was lacking a lot of nutrition. The main reason is because I was an uneducated vegetarian.

Even though I wasn't eating meat, I failed to supplement my diet with a variety of whole grains, legumes and larger quantities of green leafy vegetables.

Check out this Web site for an explanation of the different types of vegetarianism. The site is called the Fast Guide for Vegetarians and Vegans.

This site offers a plethora of information beyond the definition of a vegetarian. It also provides an in-depth look at why people choose vegetarianism, recipes and resources for perspective vegetarians.

Triathlon update Each week, I'll give you an update on my training for the Nation's Triathlon. The race is 7 weeks away and things are going OK. I still have to practice transitions from biking to running and swimming to biking. However, I am enrolled for three private swim lessons, which should help me tremendously, as my team nears practices in open water.

Next week Watching calories

E-mail your questions and or comments to akiia.james.

Note I am not a health professional, trainer or nutritionist. Information I share with you is based on my own research and experience. Before beginning a diet or fitness routine you should consult your physician or a health professional.

Check the archive for a blog entry you missed or would like to read again.

Grains and Pains archive

1 comments

Post A Comment

ursulasobers712

7/23/08 8:34 AM EDT

I dated a vegetarian for 2 years. When I mentioned healthful meatless dishes to him; he had no idea what I was talking about. His diet consisted of Fish Sandwichs and French Fries at McDonalds. The key to a healthy lifestyle is variety and moderation. Mark As Violation

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

long life those hearty vegetarians...who eat fish sandwiches and other crap from mcdeathburger.....

Peter VV Jul 23, 2008 10:45 AM Re: Is vegetarianism better?

I ask because I was driving home from work last week, listening to one of my favorite radio talk shows, and the topic was vegetarianism. And a doctor, who was a guest on the show and a vegan, challenged the co-host to a foot race.

In making the challenge, the doctor told his opponent he would not win because his body wasn't "clean."

Aparently the doctor used the word clean in describing his meat eating opponent. The doctor insinuated that his status as a vegan placed him in a better position to win the physical challenge.

I don't know who won the foot race, but the comment left a bad taste in my mouth.

There seems to be an ongoing debate between meat eaters and vegetarians. Having been a vegetarian (no meat, poultry or fish) 10 years ago, I understand and respect both sides of the issue.

Today, I am a happy meat eater, who is very healthy and satisfied with my choice to eat meat. It is possible to live a healthy life as a meat eater, contrary to the belief of some people. Eating lean cuts of meats, fish and seafood is not only a healthful style of eating, but is very satisfying.

Protein is integral to rigorous training and I prefer to get mine from meat. I even know someone who resumed eating meat after decades of vegetarianism so that her body could better handle a new exercise regimen.

Just because you choose to eliminate meat, seafood, fish or any combination of the three from your diet, you are not assured healthier living.

In fact, during my time as a vegetarian, I became very anemic and was lacking a lot of nutrition. The main reason is because I was an uneducated vegetarian.

Even though I wasn't eating meat, I failed to supplement my diet with a variety of whole grains, legumes and larger quantities of green leafy vegetables.

Check out this Web site for an explanation of the different types of vegetarianism. The site is called the Fast Guide for Vegetarians and Vegans.

This site offers a plethora of information beyond the definition of a vegetarian. It also provides an in-depth look at why people choose vegetarianism, recipes and resources for perspective vegetarians.

Triathlon update Each week, I'll give you an update on my training for the Nation's Triathlon. The race is 7 weeks away and things are going OK. I still have to practice transitions from biking to running and swimming to biking. However, I am enrolled for three private swim lessons, which should help me tremendously, as my team nears practices in open water.

E-mail your questions and or comments to akiia.james (AT) abc11mail (DOT) com.

Note I am not a health professional, trainer or nutritionist. Information I share with you is based on my own research and experience. Before beginning a diet or fitness routine you should consult your physician or a health professional.

Grains and Pains archive

1 comments

Post A Comment

ursulasobers712

I dated a vegetarian for 2 years. When I mentioned healthful meatless dishes to him; he had no idea what I was talking about. His diet consisted of Fish Sandwichs and French Fries at McDonalds. The key to a healthy lifestyle is variety and moderation. Mark As Violation

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Doh!

Jo

-

Peter VV

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:45 PM

Re: Is vegetarianism better?

E-mail your questions and or comments to akiia.james (AT) abc11mail (DOT) com.

Grains and Pains archive

1 comments

Post A Comment

ursulasobers712

Peter vv

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

Vegans rule OK

Hey Jo how come so many posts are from you????

Steve--- On Wed, 23/7/08, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

jo <jo.heartworkRe: Is vegetarianism better? Date: Wednesday, 23 July, 2008, 9:14 PM

Doh!

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

http://abclocal. go.com/wtvd/ story?section= news/health & id=6279714

E-mail your questions and or comments to akiia.james@ abc11mail. com.

Grains and Pains archive

1 comments

Post A Comment

ursulasobers712

Peter vv

Guest guest

Well ..... I like chatting - this is Vegan ~Chat~, a group for

chatting.

If you like, you can post more, or if I'm too much for you, you can

delete my posts - you don't have to read them.

Jo

, stephen hawkey <stedhawk

wrote:

>

> Vegans rule OK

> Hey Jo how come so many posts are from you????

> Steve

>

> --- On Wed, 23/7/08, jo <jo.heartwork wrote:

>

> jo <jo.heartwork

> Re: Is vegetarianism better?

>

> Wednesday, 23 July, 2008, 9:14 PM

> Doh!

>  

> Jo

>  

>

> -

> Peter VV

> @gro ups.com

> Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:45 PM

> Re: Is vegetarianism better?

>

Read the stupid ( sorry, but it is) comment below this " article "

> http://abclocal. go.com/wtvd/ story?section= news/health & id=6279714

>  

> Have you ever been bullied by a vegetarian?

>

> I ask because I was driving home from work last week, listening to

one of my favorite radio talk shows, and the topic was vegetarianism.

And a doctor, who was a guest on the show and a vegan, challenged the

co-host to a foot race.

> In making the challenge, the doctor told his opponent he would not

win because his body wasn't " clean. "

>  

> Aparently the doctor used the word clean in describing his meat

eating opponent. The doctor insinuated that his status as a vegan

placed him in a better position to win the physical challenge.

> I don't know who won the foot race, but the comment left a bad

taste in my mouth.

> There seems to be an ongoing debate between meat eaters and

vegetarians. Having been a vegetarian (no meat, poultry or fish) 10

years ago, I understand and respect both sides of the issue.

> Today, I am a happy meat eater, who is very healthy and satisfied

with my choice to eat meat. It is possible to live a healthy life as

a meat eater, contrary to the belief of some people. Eating lean cuts

of meats, fish and seafood is not only a healthful style of eating,

but is very satisfying.

> Protein is integral to rigorous training and I prefer to get mine

from meat. I even know someone who resumed eating meat after decades

of vegetarianism so that her body could better handle a new exercise

regimen.

> Just because you choose to eliminate meat, seafood, fish or any

combination of the three from your diet, you are not assured

healthier living.

> In fact, during my time as a vegetarian, I became very anemic and

was lacking a lot of nutrition. The main reason is because I was an

uneducated vegetarian.

> Even though I wasn't eating meat, I failed to supplement my diet

with a variety of whole grains, legumes and larger quantities of

green leafy vegetables.

> Check out this Web site for an explanation of the different types

of vegetarianism. The site is called the Fast Guide for Vegetarians

and Vegans.

> This site offers a plethora of information beyond the definition of

a vegetarian. It also provides an in-depth look at why people choose

vegetarianism, recipes and resources for perspective vegetarians.

> Triathlon update

> Each week, I'll give you an update on my training for the Nation's

Triathlon. The race is 7 weeks away and things are going OK. I still

have to practice transitions from biking to running and swimming to

biking. However, I am enrolled for three private swim lessons, which

should help me tremendously, as my team nears practices in open water.

> Next week

> Watching calories

> E-mail your questions and or comments to akiia.james@ abc11mail.

com.

> Note I am not a health professional, trainer or nutritionist.

Information I share with you is based on my own research and

experience. Before beginning a diet or fitness routine you should

consult your physician or a health professional.

> Check the archive for a blog entry you missed or would like to read

again.

> Grains and Pains archive

>

1 comments

> Post A Comment

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>  ursulasobers712

>

>  7/23/08 8:34 AM EDT

> I dated a vegetarian for 2 years. When I mentioned healthful

meatless dishes to him; he had no idea what I was talking about. His

diet consisted of Fish Sandwichs and French Fries at McDonalds. The

key to a healthy lifestyle is variety and moderation. Mark As

Violation

>  

>

> Peter vv

>

>

> Not happy with your email address?

> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

available now at

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

________

> Not happy with your email address?.

> Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses

available now at http://uk.docs./ymail/new.html

>

Guest guest

Whats wrong with that?

Peter vv

stephen hawkey <stedhawk Sent: Wednesday, 23 July, 2008 9:19:09 PMRe: Is vegetarianism better?

Vegans rule OK

Hey Jo how come so many posts are from you????

Steve--- On Wed, 23/7/08, jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:

jo <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>Re: Is vegetarianism better?@gro ups.comWednesday, 23 July, 2008, 9:14 PM

Doh!

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

http://abclocal. go.com/wtvd/ story?section= news/health & id=6279714

E-mail your questions and or comments to akiia.james@ abc11mail. com.

Grains and Pains archive

1 comments

Post A Comment

ursulasobers712

Peter vv