IndiaDivine.org

Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

We have been vegan since Dec 2007. We are having fun relearning how

to cook and try new things.

Having just moved, this is the first year I did not plant a big veggie

garden but have big plans for next year.

Katt

Guest guest

greetings and welcome Katt

where did you move to, and what sorta things are you planning on growing once you do get a garden

and, anyone had a good string bean recipe? i'm running out of ideas, and the lil buggers have taken over the backyard this year...

fraggle

katt_06 Aug 5, 2008 2:43 AM Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

We have been vegan since Dec 2007. We are having fun relearning howto cook and try new things. Having just moved, this is the first year I did not plant a big veggiegarden but have big plans for next year.Katt

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

Roast 'em (if it's not too hot to turn the oven on). Toss with a bit

of olive oil, sprinkle w/ S & P, arrange in a single layer on a cookie

sheet. You can roast them at anywhere from 350 to 400 degrees, just

shake to pan every 10-15 minutes. You want them to turn a bit brown &

a little shrivelly - should take about 30 to 45 minutes depending on

the oven temp. These are divine - they're tender & the sugars

caramelize. This is a great way to fix tough beans that are past

their prime.

Guest guest

Hi Katt

Vegan cooking is fun - even I enjoy it, and I never used to enjoy

cooking.

Jo

, " katt_06 " <katt_06 wrote:

>

> We have been vegan since Dec 2007. We are having fun relearning how

> to cook and try new things.

> Having just moved, this is the first year I did not plant a big

veggie

> garden but have big plans for next year.

> Katt

>

Guest guest

Moved near Marquette Mi and don't have a big yard so I will have to

plant smart.

I usually have potato and tomatoes, cukes, summer squash, bell

peppers. green beans, couple different squash and pumpkins.

Left a big herb garden behind when I moved so I will be starting that

over.

Been a beautiful summer here so far and what I did plant looks great.

Katt

Guest guest

thanx...i actually have a pile of beans in the fridge that have gone a bit tough....

jacque15320 Aug 5, 2008 7:08 PM Re: Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

Roast 'em (if it's not too hot to turn the oven on). Toss with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle w/ S & P, arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet. You can roast them at anywhere from 350 to 400 degrees, just shake to pan every 10-15 minutes. You want them to turn a bit brown & a little shrivelly - should take about 30 to 45 minutes depending on the oven temp. These are divine - they're tender & the sugars caramelize. This is a great way to fix tough beans that are past their prime.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Guest guest

well, herbs generally do wunderbar in containers, so thats always an option with a smaller yard.

just keep the cats and squirrels away if you decide t o keep em on a railing like we did

nuthin like having all yer herbs end up doing a swan dive off the back deck

katt_06 Aug 6, 2008 3:06 AM Re: Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

Moved near Marquette Mi and don't have a big yard so I will have toplant smart.I usually have potato and tomatoes, cukes, summer squash, bellpeppers. green beans, couple different squash and pumpkins. Left a big herb garden behind when I moved so I will be starting thatover.Been a beautiful summer here so far and what I did plant looks great.Katt

Guest guest

Hi Katt

You do well in the garden by the sound of it.

Jo

-

katt_06

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 11:06 AM

Re: Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

Moved near Marquette Mi and don't have a big yard so I will have toplant smart.I usually have potato and tomatoes, cukes, summer squash, bellpeppers. green beans, couple different squash and pumpkins. Left a big herb garden behind when I moved so I will be starting thatover.Been a beautiful summer here so far and what I did plant looks great.Katt

Guest guest

We had a couple of really windy days a few weeks back - and all the herbs tipped over several times! They seem okay though.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 6:29 PM

Re: Re: Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

well, herbs generally do wunderbar in containers, so thats always an option with a smaller yard.

just keep the cats and squirrels away if you decide t o keep em on a railing like we did

Guest guest

Theres no way on earth I would grow mint outside a pot............ damn stuff will grow anywhere......and everywhere.......

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, 6 August, 2008 6:29:23 PMRe: Re: Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

katt_06 Aug 6, 2008 3:06 AM @gro ups.com Re: Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

Not happy with your email address?

Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at

Guest guest

sometimes thats what's needed tho

something will just grow anywhere and dominate.

and, you'd be surprised..i have some apple mint which just sits there amonst the lemon verbana...gets tall, flowers, dies back..refuses to spread...

its an introvert obviously

Peter VV Aug 6, 2008 2:03 PM Re: Re: Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

Theres no way on earth I would grow mint outside a pot............ damn stuff will grow anywhere......and everywhere.......

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Wednesday, 6 August, 2008 6:29:23 PMRe: Re: Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

katt_06 Aug 6, 2008 3:06 AM @gro ups.com Re: Hi, I'm Katt and new to group...

Moved near Marquette Mi and don't have a big yard so I will have toplant smart.I usually have potato and tomatoes, cukes, summer squash, bellpeppers. green beans, couple different squash and pumpkins. Left a big herb garden behind when I moved so I will be starting thatover.Been a beautiful summer here so far and what I did plant looks great.KattWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Not happy with your email address? Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at