IndiaDivine.org

My Intro

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

I've been a vegan since May. It has been an easy transition. I really don't know what took me so long. My husband is an omnivore but he likes vegan recipes so dinner time is fine! I have a son who is a vegetarian. He is leaving for Boston University for his first year of college in a few weeks. My daughter is 22 and lives about an hour away from me.

The biggest problem I have had since going vegan is when I go to restaurants. We got out rather frequently. Admittedly I am rather reserved and not about to bug the kitchen to make changes for me. I do try to chose restaurants wisely though sometimes that isn't possible when we are going out with friends who have their hearts set on a particular place.

I love to cook. Preparing vegan recipes has been a new adventure....to a certain extent. When my kids were little we mostly ate vegan because we couldn't afford meat. Actually it wasn't unusual because as an Italian I grew up with greens, beans and pasta. I do love the newer cookbooks and recipes. I admit I am having a lot of fun experimenting!

As for me....I'm 49 and a retired home care nurse. I have many hobbies....cooking, running, biking, woodcarving, reading....to name a few. I live in the Finger Lakes area of NY

Mary