IndiaDivine.org

How to have healthy hash browns

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I wouldnt know a hash brown if one fell out of my pants, but here you go :

http://www.unlvrebelyell.com/article.php?ID=12218

These hash browns complement any breakfast feast. The warm taste of cumin and kick of paprika even make it the perfect side dish turned main course. Contrary to popular carbo-phobic belief, potatoes are very healthy – one potato contains around 110 calories and nearly half of the USDA's recommended for vitamin C. If you want a little more for breakfast, serve these with blueberry pancakes and savor a delicious breakfast in bed before the end the summer.Ingredients1 Large Russet potato2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil (may need more during cooking)Half of a large red onion1 ½ tablespoons of garlic1 ½ teaspoons pepper and sea salt (season to taste)1 teaspoon of cumin½ teaspoon of dry basilPinch of paprikaMethod1. Before starting, make sure you have all your ingredients ready. You will need a large cutting board, a grater and a large skillet

or saucepan. Start by cutting the potato, and put the onion in the freezer for no more than 10 minutes. This will make it easier to cut and it greatly reduces the shedding of tears.2. Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut one half into half-inch cubes. Shred the other half with the grater on top of the cutting board. Alternating between the skin and flesh side makes this easier.3. Set the potato aside, take the onion out of the freezer and put your pan on medium heat. Cut the onion into one-inch pieces.4. Cook the onion in oil for about eight minutes. When the onions start to turn translucent, add the garlic. Cook the onions and garlic for two to three minutes. Put in the potato and slightly increase the heat. You may need to add more oil here as well. Add all the spices and seasonings and stir well.5. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on stirring every few minutes. Take the lid off and cook for another 10 minutes. If you

want the hash browns to be crispier, add a little oil and turn up the heat to medium high. Be sure to keep a careful watch though as the onions can burn easily.

Peter vvSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

shredded potaoes pan fried....

Peter VV Aug 12, 2008 1:57 PM Re: How to have healthy hash browns

http://www.unlvrebelyell.com/article.php?ID=12218

These hash browns complement any breakfast feast. The warm taste of cumin and kick of paprika even make it the perfect side dish turned main course. Contrary to popular carbo-phobic belief, potatoes are very healthy – one potato contains around 110 calories and nearly half of the USDA's recommended for vitamin C. If you want a little more for breakfast, serve these with blueberry pancakes and savor a delicious breakfast in bed before the end the summer.Ingredients1 Large Russet potato2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil (may need more during cooking)Half of a large red onion1 ½ tablespoons of garlic1 ½ teaspoons pepper and sea salt (season to taste)1 teaspoon of cumin½ teaspoon of dry basilPinch of paprikaMethod1. Before starting, make sure you have all your ingredients ready. You will need a large cutting board, a grater and a large skillet or saucepan. Start by cutting the potato, and put the onion in the freezer for no more than 10 minutes. This will make it easier to cut and it greatly reduces the shedding of tears.2. Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut one half into half-inch cubes. Shred the other half with the grater on top of the cutting board. Alternating between the skin and flesh side makes this easier.3. Set the potato aside, take the onion out of the freezer and put your pan on medium heat. Cut the onion into one-inch pieces.4. Cook the onion in oil for about eight minutes. When the onions start to turn translucent, add the garlic. Cook the onions and garlic for two to three minutes. Put in the potato and slightly increase the heat. You may need to add more oil here as well. Add all the spices and seasonings and stir well.5. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on stirring every few minutes. Take the lid off and cook for another 10 minutes. If you want the hash browns to be crispier, add a little oil and turn up the heat to medium high. Be sure to keep a careful watch though as the onions can burn easily.

Peter vvSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

bit like bubble and squeek then without the squeek...................there , thats confused you back!

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Tuesday, 12 August, 2008 10:12:40 PMRe: How to have healthy hash browns

Peter VV Aug 12, 2008 1:57 PM @gro ups.com Re: How to have healthy hash browns

http://www.unlvrebe lyell.com/ article.php? ID=12218

These hash browns complement any breakfast feast. The warm taste of cumin and kick of paprika even make it the perfect side dish turned main course. Contrary to popular carbo-phobic belief, potatoes are very healthy – one potato contains around 110 calories and nearly half of the USDA's recommended for vitamin C. If you want a little more for breakfast, serve these with blueberry pancakes and savor a delicious breakfast in bed before the end the summer.Ingredients1 Large Russet potato2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil (may need more during cooking)Half of a large red onion1 ½ tablespoons of garlic1 ½ teaspoons pepper and sea salt (season to taste)1 teaspoon of cumin½ teaspoon of dry basilPinch of paprikaMethod1. Before starting, make sure you have all your ingredients ready. You will need a large cutting board, a grater and a large skillet

or saucepan. Start by cutting the potato, and put the onion in the freezer for no more than 10 minutes. This will make it easier to cut and it greatly reduces the shedding of tears.2. Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut one half into half-inch cubes. Shred the other half with the grater on top of the cutting board. Alternating between the skin and flesh side makes this easier.3. Set the potato aside, take the onion out of the freezer and put your pan on medium heat. Cut the onion into one-inch pieces.4. Cook the onion in oil for about eight minutes. When the onions start to turn translucent, add the garlic. Cook the onions and garlic for two to three minutes. Put in the potato and slightly increase the heat. You may need to add more oil here as well. Add all the spices and seasonings and stir well.5. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on stirring every few minutes. Take the lid off and cook for another 10 minutes. If you

want the hash browns to be crispier, add a little oil and turn up the heat to medium high. Be sure to keep a careful watch though as the onions can burn easily.

Peter vvSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

sorta..i guess....

except hash browns are generally breakfast food

Peter VV Aug 12, 2008 2:23 PM Re: How to have healthy hash browns

bit like bubble and squeek then without the squeek...................there , thats confused you back!

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Tuesday, 12 August, 2008 10:12:40 PMRe: How to have healthy hash browns

These hash browns complement any breakfast feast. The warm taste of cumin and kick of paprika even make it the perfect side dish turned main course. Contrary to popular carbo-phobic belief, potatoes are very healthy – one potato contains around 110 calories and nearly half of the USDA's recommended for vitamin C. If you want a little more for breakfast, serve these with blueberry pancakes and savor a delicious breakfast in bed before the end the summer.Ingredients1 Large Russet potato2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil (may need more during cooking)Half of a large red onion1 ½ tablespoons of garlic1 ½ teaspoons pepper and sea salt (season to taste)1 teaspoon of cumin½ teaspoon of dry basilPinch of paprikaMethod1. Before starting, make sure you have all your ingredients ready. You will need a large cutting board, a grater and a large skillet or saucepan. Start by cutting the potato, and put the onion in the freezer for no more than 10 minutes. This will make it easier to cut and it greatly reduces the shedding of tears.2. Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Cut one half into half-inch cubes. Shred the other half with the grater on top of the cutting board. Alternating between the skin and flesh side makes this easier.3. Set the potato aside, take the onion out of the freezer and put your pan on medium heat. Cut the onion into one-inch pieces.4. Cook the onion in oil for about eight minutes. When the onions start to turn translucent, add the garlic. Cook the onions and garlic for two to three minutes. Put in the potato and slightly increase the heat. You may need to add more oil here as well. Add all the spices and seasonings and stir well.5. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on stirring every few minutes. Take the lid off and cook for another 10 minutes. If you want the hash browns to be crispier, add a little oil and turn up the heat to medium high. Be sure to keep a careful watch though as the onions can burn easily.

Peter vvSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

I know its traditional to have a fry up for breakfast, but I have never had one in my life and dont intend to start now. I just couldnt face anything that substantial first thing.

I have woken up in my younger days on the floor of a mates house to eat cold chinese leftover takeaway from the night before, but I guess we`ve all done that right?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Tuesday, 12 August, 2008 10:27:59 PMRe: How to have healthy hash browns

sorta..i guess....

except hash browns are generally breakfast food

Peter VV Aug 12, 2008 2:23 PM @gro ups.com Re: How to have healthy hash browns

bit like bubble and squeek then without the squeek...... ......... ....there , thats confused you back!

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>@gro ups.comTuesday, 12 August, 2008 10:12:40 PMRe: How to have healthy hash browns

Peter vvSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .