IndiaDivine.org

Request from you wise folks...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, I have encountered my 4th bout with

cancer. I overcame the first 3 well, so I am optimistic.

First.

I do not cook. I am stupid in the kitchen. This is a fact.

If anyone asks me to stand around and prepare something, I will run screaming

down the street.

That said…

Can I have the good places I am sure you can suggest where

Vegans with this pesky cancer problem have used nutrition to help fight in this

battle? Someone you know that may have an easy way to prepare foods but the

diet is geared toward maximum nutrition for engaging in a cancer battle?

Lest anyone think I am about to keel over, let me point out

that I have won this battle 3 times before. Right now they are forecasting a

double b**b removal, with investigation of lymph nodes to see if chemo is

necessary later. I do not think it will be. I just get these *feelings* based on my past experiences.

Sorry if this is a little too much information for the

squeamish among us. Truly sorry.

I love you folks and depend on you very much, even though I

do not post regularly.

Cyn

What about hiring someone to come over and cook for you once a week?

They can make things you can store in the freezer and then all you

have to do is warm them up and add a salad or some fresh fruit or

something. It doesn't have to be a fancy chef or anything like that.

I hope you get well soon!

Maggie

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:20 AM, CKG <cynthiaandtheothers wrote:

> Well, I have encountered my 4th bout with cancer. I overcame the first 3

> well, so I am optimistic.

>

(HealthCastle.com) A long-awaited scientific report on cancer prevention stated plain and simple that the more pounds you're carrying, the greater your risk of developing one or more of 17 cancers. After analyzing 7,000 scientific studies, the World Cancer Research Fund and the American Institute for Cancer Research made 8 diet recommendations you can use to lower the odds of developing cancer.

Summary: 8-Action Cancer Prevention Diet

Be as lean as possible

Aim for Body Mass Index of 21 - 23.

Be Active

Aim for 60 minutes or more moderate activity every day, or 30+ minutes of vigorous activity.

Avoid energy-dense foods and sugary drinks

Avoid foods that are high in fat, like fast foods and processed foods. Also avoid sugary drinks like soda.

Eat plant-based foods

Aim for 5 servings of non-starchy fruits and vegetables every day (potato, yam, sweet potato, and cassava don't count). Eat only limited amounts of refined grains like white bread and pasta. Instead, include legumes or whole grains in every meal.

Limit red meat and avoid processed meat

Limit red meat intake (beef, pork, lamb and goat) to less than 18 oz. a week and avoid processed meat at all costs.

Limit alcohol

Men: no more than 2 drinks a dayWomen: no more than 1 drink a day

Limit salty foods

Salt and salt-preserved foods are probably a cause of stomach cancer. Limit sodium intake to 2400 mg a day

Don't bank on pills

Some supplements or high-dose nutrients are associated with higher risk of developing cancer. Stick to a healthy diet instead and don't bank on dietary supplements as the magic pills in preventing cancer

CKG <cynthiaandtheothers Sent: Friday, 15 August, 2008 1:20:14 PM Request from you wise folks...

Well, I have encountered my 4th bout with cancer. I overcame the first 3 well, so I am optimistic.

First.

I do not cook. I am stupid in the kitchen. This is a fact. If anyone asks me to stand around and prepare something, I will run screaming down the street.

That said…

Can I have the good places I am sure you can suggest where Vegans with this pesky cancer problem have used nutrition to help fight in this battle? Someone you know that may have an easy way to prepare foods but the diet is geared toward maximum nutrition for engaging in a cancer battle?

Lest anyone think I am about to keel over, let me point out that I have won this battle 3 times before. Right now they are forecasting a double b**b removal, with investigation of lymph nodes to see if chemo is necessary later. I do not think it will be. I just get these *feelings* based on my past experiences.

Sorry if this is a little too much information for the squeamish among us. Truly sorry.

I love you folks and depend on you very much, even though I do not post regularly.

CynSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

sorry cyn!

can you get a nurse or home service to make meals for you?

i know here in the bay area there were folks who would bring groceries and cook vegan meals for those hit by HIV and AIDS. i would assume there might be something similar for cancer victims. i'm pretty sure i've seen a pamphlet on something like that here. maybe there's a group near where you live?

do you have a neighbor, family member, or good friend willing to help?

don't suppose you could afford to pay someone to do it?

CKG Aug 15, 2008 5:20 AM Request from you wise folks...

Well, I have encountered my 4th bout with cancer. I overcame the first 3 well, so I am optimistic.

First.

I do not cook. I am stupid in the kitchen. This is a fact. If anyone asks me to stand around and prepare something, I will run screaming down the street.

That said…

Can I have the good places I am sure you can suggest where Vegans with this pesky cancer problem have used nutrition to help fight in this battle? Someone you know that may have an easy way to prepare foods but the diet is geared toward maximum nutrition for engaging in a cancer battle?

Lest anyone think I am about to keel over, let me point out that I have won this battle 3 times before. Right now they are forecasting a double b**b removal, with investigation of lymph nodes to see if chemo is necessary later. I do not think it will be. I just get these *feelings* based on my past experiences.

Sorry if this is a little too much information for the squeamish among us. Truly sorry.

I love you folks and depend on you very much, even though I do not post regularly.

Cyn

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Cyn, I am also fighting breast cancer, although it is the first time. I went vegan on March 19 cold turkey and have now lost 40 pounds. (It is EXTREMELY difficult to type with a cat munching on your fingers!)

Anyway, I suggest you get the book Health Power, Health by Choice, Not Chance by Aileen Ludington, MD and Hans Diehl. The book changed my life. A lot of it talks about what to eat to fight cancer and many other diseases. When I got it I read it straight through and am now a new person. Then I ordered their related other books and cookbooks and use them daily. Buying the books used on Amazon is very affordable.

Eliminating obesity is a big part of the fight with cancer, so for me I was shocked when told going vegan would take care of it. It IS. Without dieting. The pounds just fall off. But I went vegan and whole plant foods only with NO empty calories. In other words, whole fruits and veggies, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, limiting fats. NO sugar, NO margarine, NO empty calories and no processed foods.

I feel like I am doing the best fight possible against cancer, and if it comes back and gets me I have done my best. Good luck to you also!

Shelley H

Hi

If you live in England I would suggest you contact the Bristol Cancer Help Centre.

Jo

-

CKG

Friday, August 15, 2008 1:20 PM

Request from you wise folks...

First.

That said…

Cyn

That is reported a lot. I remember about three months ago reading an article about a large group of women who were fed up with that theory, as they had all had many types of cancer, and none of them had ever been overweight. They thought that that theory detracted from the fact that anyone can get cancer.

Jo

-

Theo Slade

Friday, August 15, 2008 4:53 PM

Re: Request from you wise folks...

(HealthCastle.com) A long-awaited scientific report on cancer prevention stated plain and simple that the more pounds you're carrying, the greater your risk of developing one or more of 17 cancers. After analyzing 7,000 scientific studies, the World Cancer Research Fund and the American Institute for Cancer Research made 8 diet recommendations you can use to lower the odds of developing cancer.

Summary: 8-Action Cancer Prevention Diet

Be as lean as possible

Aim for Body Mass Index of 21 - 23.

Be Active

Aim for 60 minutes or more moderate activity every day, or 30+ minutes of vigorous activity.

Avoid energy-dense foods and sugary drinks

Avoid foods that are high in fat, like fast foods and processed foods. Also avoid sugary drinks like soda.

Eat plant-based foods

Aim for 5 servings of non-starchy fruits and vegetables every day (potato, yam, sweet potato, and cassava don't count). Eat only limited amounts of refined grains like white bread and pasta. Instead, include legumes or whole grains in every meal.

Limit red meat and avoid processed meat

Limit red meat intake (beef, pork, lamb and goat) to less than 18 oz. a week and avoid processed meat at all costs.

Limit alcohol

Men: no more than 2 drinks a dayWomen: no more than 1 drink a day

Limit salty foods

Salt and salt-preserved foods are probably a cause of stomach cancer. Limit sodium intake to 2400 mg a day

Don't bank on pills

Some supplements or high-dose nutrients are associated with higher risk of developing cancer. Stick to a healthy diet instead and don't bank on dietary supplements as the magic pills in preventing cancer

CKG <cynthiaandtheothers (AT) comcast (DOT) net> Sent: Friday, 15 August, 2008 1:20:14 PM Request from you wise folks...

First.

That said…

CynSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Sounds like a really good plan Shelley. I'm glad you are doing well.

Jo

-

Shelley

Friday, August 15, 2008 9:33 PM

Re:Request from you wise folks...

Cyn, I am also fighting breast cancer, although it is the first time. I went vegan on March 19 cold turkey and have now lost 40 pounds. (It is EXTREMELY difficult to type with a cat munching on your fingers!)

Anyway, I suggest you get the book Health Power, Health by Choice, Not Chance by Aileen Ludington, MD and Hans Diehl. The book changed my life. A lot of it talks about what to eat to fight cancer and many other diseases. When I got it I read it straight through and am now a new person. Then I ordered their related other books and cookbooks and use them daily. Buying the books used on Amazon is very affordable.

Eliminating obesity is a big part of the fight with cancer, so for me I was shocked when told going vegan would take care of it. It IS. Without dieting. The pounds just fall off. But I went vegan and whole plant foods only with NO empty calories. In other words, whole fruits and veggies, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, limiting fats. NO sugar, NO margarine, NO empty calories and no processed foods.

I feel like I am doing the best fight possible against cancer, and if it comes back and gets me I have done my best. Good luck to you also!

Shelley H