IndiaDivine.org

vegan things in boulder

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hi folks:well, jenny and i have been in boulder for about a month. a few items worth mentioning that are relevant to this group:1. vg's burgers (http://www.vgburgers.com/). this place is set up like your standard fast food joint. you order and they whip it up right there and it's ready in about a minute. i had the chick'n type thing and my buddy had the falafel burger. both were excellent. fries were great. sodas are agave-sweetened (very good), and they feature hemp soft serve frozen ice cream like stuff (i'll try that next time). all paperware, cups, napkins, etc, are biodegradable. these guys are doing a good job at providing a 100% vegan, sustainable restaurant that's bleeding edge while still appearing as familiar (and tasty) as the places you'd immediately recognize (and avoid like the plague!). highly recommended.

2. field roast (http://www.fieldroast.com/). i think plenty of folks know about this stuff, but i didn't because no one carried it in san diego. i think it's by far the best tasting meat/sausage analogue i've tried yet, and i like to try 'em.

3. none of the thai joints feature mock meats. in san diego my favorite places (who happily and competently prepared meals without fish sauce on request) all featured seitan style mock stuff that added greatly to one's dining choices. here, all you get is tofu, which is better than nothing, but still, i miss my san diego thai.....

boulder in general is very health conscious. folks are fit and trim. i don't see much attention paid to vegetarians or vegans in particular but that shouldn't surprise anyone. the local health food shop sells frozen (real) meats of all stripes, unfortunately. we miss our san diego people's co op, which was at least vegetarian.

so no big news, just a couple items for the group. take care, blake

field roast is pretty yummy

Blake Wilson Aug 18, 2008 7:03 AM vegan things in boulder

hi folks:well, jenny and i have been in boulder for about a month. a few items worth mentioning that are relevant to this group:1. vg's burgers (http://www.vgburgers.com/). this place is set up like your standard fast food joint. you order and they whip it up right there and it's ready in about a minute. i had the chick'n type thing and my buddy had the falafel burger. both were excellent. fries were great. sodas are agave-sweetened (very good), and they feature hemp soft serve frozen ice cream like stuff (i'll try that next time). all paperware, cups, napkins, etc, are biodegradable. these guys are doing a good job at providing a 100% vegan, sustainable restaurant that's bleeding edge while still appearing as familiar (and tasty) as the places you'd immediately recognize (and avoid like the plague!). highly recommended. 2. field roast (http://www.fieldroast.com/). i think plenty of folks know about this stuff, but i didn't because no one carried it in san diego. i think it's by far the best tasting meat/sausage analogue i've tried yet, and i like to try 'em. 3. none of the thai joints feature mock meats. in san diego my favorite places (who happily and competently prepared meals without fish sauce on request) all featured seitan style mock stuff that added greatly to one's dining choices. here, all you get is tofu, which is better than nothing, but still, i miss my san diego thai.....boulder in general is very health conscious. folks are fit and trim. i don't see much attention paid to vegetarians or vegans in particular but that shouldn't surprise anyone. the local health food shop sells frozen (real) meats of all stripes, unfortunately. we miss our san diego people's co op, which was at least vegetarian.so no big news, just a couple items for the group. take care, blake

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.