IndiaDivine.org

Wales

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We returned, last night, from our few days in North Wales.

We stayed at Graianfryn House in Penisarwaun near Caernarfon. It

was 'okay' but not brilliant. For a start the house was cold. Most

guesthouses put the heating on as necessary, but this one didn't.

The food, while no doubt extremely healthy wasn't very tasty. We had

dinner there one evening. The starter was nice, an almond pate with

crudites and a kind of olive oatcake. The main course was roast veg

pancake bake, which should have been delicious, but the pancakes were

a little like moist cardboard. The desert was disappointing - tofu

with blackberries - the tofu while whipped didn't seem to have any

sweetener, and the blackberries were the most tart I have ever

tasted. I don't know if I am unusual, but if I have a desert I like

a certain amount of sweetness.

The breakfasts were quite mixed. The mushrooms were enormous,

tasteless and too meaty a texture, so I didn't have those again. Out

of what was on offer, the tomatoes on toast with a vegan sausage was

the best option for me. There was a nice fruit salad, and on one

morning a good soaked muesli with grapes. Colin had blueberry

polenta cakes one morning but said they were only 'so so'.

The room was £30 pppn, which is about normal for a veggie B & B, and

the dinner was £18 each. We pay £17.50 when we go to Michael House

in Cornwall, and that is for an extremely good, cordon vert three

course meal.

We did enjoy ourselves, though it was extremely wet, and blowing a

gale most of the time we were there.

Jo

Jo if you had told me the dates, I would have arranged the weather!

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork Sent: Tuesday, 19 August, 2008 7:53:42 AM Wales

We returned, last night, from our few days in North Wales. We stayed at Graianfryn House in Penisarwaun near Caernarfon. It was 'okay' but not brilliant. For a start the house was cold. Most guesthouses put the heating on as necessary, but this one didn't. The food, while no doubt extremely healthy wasn't very tasty. We had dinner there one evening. The starter was nice, an almond pate with crudites and a kind of olive oatcake. The main course was roast veg pancake bake, which should have been delicious, but the pancakes were a little like moist cardboard. The desert was disappointing - tofu with blackberries - the tofu while whipped didn't seem to have any sweetener, and the blackberries were the most tart I have ever tasted. I don't know if I am unusual, but if I have a desert I like a certain amount of sweetness.The breakfasts were quite mixed. The mushrooms were enormous, tasteless

and too meaty a texture, so I didn't have those again. Out of what was on offer, the tomatoes on toast with a vegan sausage was the best option for me. There was a nice fruit salad, and on one morning a good soaked muesli with grapes. Colin had blueberry polenta cakes one morning but said they were only 'so so'.The room was £30 pppn, which is about normal for a veggie B & B, and the dinner was £18 each. We pay £17.50 when we go to Michael House in Cornwall, and that is for an extremely good, cordon vert three course meal.We did enjoy ourselves, though it was extremely wet, and blowing a gale most of the time we were there.JoSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Silly me - I forgot!

Jo

-

Peter VV

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 12:16 PM

Re: Wales

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Sent: Tuesday, 19 August, 2008 7:53:42 AM Wales

We returned, last night, from our few days in North Wales. We stayed at Graianfryn House in Penisarwaun near Caernarfon. It was 'okay' but not brilliant. For a start the house was cold. Most guesthouses put the heating on as necessary, but this one didn't. The food, while no doubt extremely healthy wasn't very tasty. We had dinner there one evening. The starter was nice, an almond pate with crudites and a kind of olive oatcake. The main course was roast veg pancake bake, which should have been delicious, but the pancakes were a little like moist cardboard. The desert was disappointing - tofu with blackberries - the tofu while whipped didn't seem to have any sweetener, and the blackberries were the most tart I have ever tasted. I don't know if I am unusual, but if I have a desert I like a certain amount of sweetness.The breakfasts were quite mixed. The mushrooms were enormous, tasteless and too meaty a texture, so I didn't have those again. Out of what was on offer, the tomatoes on toast with a vegan sausage was the best option for me. There was a nice fruit salad, and on one morning a good soaked muesli with grapes. Colin had blueberry polenta cakes one morning but said they were only 'so so'.The room was £30 pppn, which is about normal for a veggie B & B, and the dinner was £18 each. We pay £17.50 when we go to Michael House in Cornwall, and that is for an extremely good, cordon vert three course meal.We did enjoy ourselves, though it was extremely wet, and blowing a gale most of the time we were there.JoSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

shall i place my order for german weather now?

Peter VV Aug 19, 2008 4:16 AM Re: Wales

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork > Sent: Tuesday, 19 August, 2008 7:53:42 AM Wales

We returned, last night, from our few days in North Wales. We stayed at Graianfryn House in Penisarwaun near Caernarfon. It was 'okay' but not brilliant. For a start the house was cold. Most guesthouses put the heating on as necessary, but this one didn't. The food, while no doubt extremely healthy wasn't very tasty. We had dinner there one evening. The starter was nice, an almond pate with crudites and a kind of olive oatcake. The main course was roast veg pancake bake, which should have been delicious, but the pancakes were a little like moist cardboard. The desert was disappointing - tofu with blackberries - the tofu while whipped didn't seem to have any sweetener, and the blackberries were the most tart I have ever tasted. I don't know if I am unusual, but if I have a desert I like a certain amount of sweetness.The breakfasts were quite mixed. The mushrooms were enormous, tasteless and too meaty a texture, so I didn't have those again. Out of what was on offer, the tomatoes on toast with a vegan sausage was the best option for me. There was a nice fruit salad, and on one morning a good soaked muesli with grapes. Colin had blueberry polenta cakes one morning but said they were only 'so so'.The room was £30 pppn, which is about normal for a veggie B & B, and the dinner was £18 each. We pay £17.50 when we go to Michael House in Cornwall, and that is for an extremely good, cordon vert three course meal.We did enjoy ourselves, though it was extremely wet, and blowing a gale most of the time we were there.JoSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

remind me in February.

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Tuesday, 19 August, 2008 9:53:00 PMRe: Wales

shall i place my order for german weather now?

Peter VV Aug 19, 2008 4:16 AM @gro ups.com Re: Wales

Peter vv

heartwerk <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comTuesday, 19 August, 2008 7:53:42 AM Wales

We returned, last night, from our few days in North Wales. We stayed at Graianfryn House in Penisarwaun near Caernarfon. It was 'okay' but not brilliant. For a start the house was cold. Most guesthouses put the heating on as necessary, but this one didn't. The food, while no doubt extremely healthy wasn't very tasty. We had dinner there one evening. The starter was nice, an almond pate with crudites and a kind of olive oatcake. The main course was roast veg pancake bake, which should have been delicious, but the pancakes were a little like moist cardboard. The desert was disappointing - tofu with blackberries - the tofu while whipped didn't seem to have any sweetener, and the blackberries were the most tart I have ever tasted. I don't know if I am unusual, but if I have a desert I like a certain amount of sweetness.The breakfasts were quite mixed. The mushrooms were enormous, tasteless

and too meaty a texture, so I didn't have those again. Out of what was on offer, the tomatoes on toast with a vegan sausage was the best option for me. There was a nice fruit salad, and on one morning a good soaked muesli with grapes. Colin had blueberry polenta cakes one morning but said they were only 'so so'.The room was £30 pppn, which is about normal for a veggie B & B, and the dinner was £18 each. We pay £17.50 when we go to Michael House in Cornwall, and that is for an extremely good, cordon vert three course meal.We did enjoy ourselves, though it was extremely wet, and blowing a gale most of the time we were there.JoSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.