IndiaDivine.org

Aspirin a day could help keep a heart attack away

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Aint got any asprin, so I guess its back to chewing bark for me............

The middle-aged should take an aspirin daily to help to prevent heart attacks, research has suggested.

A study of almost 12,000 patients found that one in ten men from the age of 48 and one in ten women aged 58 and over were at risk from heart attack, suggesting that everyone in these age groups would benefit from the drug.

Under existing recommendations, a GP will prescribe aspirin if a person has already suffered a heart attack or a stroke. Asprin is also prescribed if factors such as high blood pressure put a patient at high risk of having a heart attack in the next few years.

Reseachers from Nottingham and Sheffield universities said that, in reality, many people are not prescribed aspirin.

So and who financed this study? Bayer?What a way to boost sales, huh?I tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Mon, 8/25/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: Aspirin a day could help keep a heart attack away Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 12:24 PM

Aint got any asprin, so I guess its back to chewing bark for me.......... ..

The middle-aged should take an aspirin daily to help to prevent heart attacks, research has suggested.

A study of almost 12,000 patients found that one in ten men from the age of 48 and one in ten women aged 58 and over were at risk from heart attack, suggesting that everyone in these age groups would benefit from the drug.

Under existing recommendations, a GP will prescribe aspirin if a person has already suffered a heart attack or a stroke. Asprin is also prescribed if factors such as high blood pressure put a patient at high risk of having a heart attack in the next few years.

Reseachers from Nottingham and Sheffield universities said that, in reality, many people are not prescribed aspirin.

It's a pity they didn't read some research that was published about a month ago that siad it might work for men, but appeared to have no effect on women. Of course, there are many food ways to keep your blood from clotting too much, but that advice wouldn't make much money for the pharmaceutival companies.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:24 PM

Re: Aspirin a day could help keep a heart attack away

Aint got any asprin, so I guess its back to chewing bark for me............