Rate this topic

Guest guest

At 7:43 PM -0700 8/25/08, Shelley wrote:

Sounds like what they used to do to women. Just

" dumb women " so now they can be dominated and controlled and

abused.

>>

Carol Adams wrote a book about that -- the connections between

attitudes toward and treatment of women and of animals.

Someone (Gandhi?) said you could determine a culture's degree of

enlightenment by how it treats women and animals.

Used to? As if they don't do it anymore?Unfortunately women are still treated like cattle more often that not, please pardon this expression on a vegan forum.Not to mention that some women have been so brainwashed and actually led into believing that men are superior that they voluntarily let themselves be treated like doormats and encourage other women to do the same.That is the world that some women still live in.I tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Mon, 8/25/08, Shelley <moondrop000 wrote:Shelley <moondrop000 Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle Date: Monday, August 25,

2008, 10:43 PM

Sounds like what they used to do to women. Just "dumb women" so now they can be dominated and controlled and abused.

Shelley H

what do ya mean "use to"

i'm afraid it still happens waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooo often

Shelley Aug 25, 2008 7:43 PM Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle

Sounds like what they used to do to women. Just "dumb women" so now they can be dominated and controlled and abused.

Shelley H

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

I agree, oh hang on just got to slacken the chains from the cooker & my missus, let her have a bit of exercise ironing.

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Tuesday, 26 August, 2008 6:00:33 PMRe: Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle

what do ya mean "use to"

i'm afraid it still happens waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay toooo often

Shelley Aug 25, 2008 7:43 PM @gro ups.com Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle

Shelley H

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Interesting to find so many on this site agree. Often when I bring the "woman" subject up people are confused at what I am talking about. The old saying, "But you make coffee so much better than I do!" says enough.

Shelley H

Thankfully I don't know of that happening amongst people I know. I guess it happens in Muslim areas though.

Jo

-

Beatriz

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:53 PM

Re: Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle

Used to? As if they don't do it anymore?Unfortunately women are still treated like cattle more often that not, please pardon this expression on a vegan forum.Not to mention that some women have been so brainwashed and actually led into believing that men are superior that they voluntarily let themselves be treated like doormats and encourage other women to do the same.That is the world that some women still live in.I tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Mon, 8/25/08, Shelley <moondrop000 > wrote:

Shelley <moondrop000 > Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 10:43 PM

Shelley H

happens everywhere, amongst people of all persuasions, all over the world

very "prevalent" in many areas of the US

"jo.heartwork" Aug 26, 2008 12:00 PM Re: Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle

Thankfully I don't know of that happening amongst people I know. I guess it happens in Muslim areas though.

Jo

-

Beatriz

Used to? As if they don't do it anymore?Unfortunately women are still treated like cattle more often that not, please pardon this expression on a vegan forum.Not to mention that some women have been so brainwashed and actually led into believing that men are superior that they voluntarily let themselves be treated like doormats and encourage other women to do the same.That is the world that some women still live in.I tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Mon, 8/25/08, Shelley <moondrop000 > wrote:

Shelley <moondrop000 > Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 10:43 PM

Shelley H

Who says that? and why do you spend time with them?

Jo

-

Shelley

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:25 PM

Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle

Interesting to find so many on this site agree. Often when I bring the "woman" subject up people are confused at what I am talking about. The old saying, "But you make coffee so much better than I do!" says enough.

Shelley H

Glad I'm here then.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:39 PM

happens everywhere, amongst people of all persuasions, all over the world

very "prevalent" in many areas of the US

"jo.heartwork" Aug 26, 2008 12:00 PM Re: Re: Do animals have emotions? Fraggle

Jo

-

Beatriz

Shelley H