IndiaDivine.org

RE: UK Wet summer goobledeegook

Rate this topic

Guest guest

when some articles are transcibed over, the use of apostraphe's and quoation mark's causes that reaction. it depends on the platform/server someone is using to send the message in general. some servers have issues reading things in quotations

CKG Aug 26, 2008 2:05 AM RE: Re: UK Wet summer has been a washout for butterflies

<<Another wet summer has meant a “dreadful†year for butterflies, according to a conservation expert.>>

Just curious. Why do quoted articles do this repeatedly when quoted here on the list? What’s going on? Just curious. Cyn

On Behalf Of purplehugs2007Monday, August 25, 2008 12:43 PM Subject: Re: UK Wet summer has been a washout for butterflies

I can vouch for the cabbage white.. about 100 babies are eating my veggie patch clean.. I'll leave them, it's only fair just hope they respect me and leave my beans alone! lol My buddlia definately attracted lots of visitors but i'm not knowledgeable to tell you about the species i saw. Fingers x'd they pick up next year and that we have a late summer! , Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:>> Another wet summer has meant a “dreadful†year for butterflies, according to a conservation expert. > Matthew Oates, of the National Trust, said that rain and wind this year and last had harmed many species. although others, including the cabbage white, had had a good summer. > Mr Oates has been surveying British butterflies for a series being broadcast this week on BBC One, on The One Show. “Butterflies are very fragile and succumb to heavy rain and strong winds. Next year’s butterflies are out as baby caterpillars, and it may well be that very heavy rain washes off eggs and in particular young caterpillars â€" or they get diseases,†he said. “The last two summers have been blighted by rain and wind that seriously affected their fortunes. Some species have managed to overcome the odds. Overall, it has been a dreadful year, probably the worst in my 45-year experience.†He said that many species were under threat, and efforts to create hospitable habitats were hampered by unseasonable spring and summer weather. > A gale early last month and subsequent deluges damaged the high brown fritillary. The bad year for the swallowtail butterfly was probably caused by the wet July last year killing young caterpillars. The purple emperor butterfly had a good start but the strong winds in July seriously depleted its numbers. >  > Peter vv__ > > Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.>

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.