IndiaDivine.org

chapati, roti, naan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well, i've seen naan without milk products..not often, but it does exist....

hard to find indian breads it seems without ghee or yoghurt or the like tho, at least from what i've found

it's possible..but...

Peter VV Aug 26, 2008 10:42 AM Re: Re: Pasta - vegan or not?

Chapati, are the same as roti, and are just flour & water, however, they do sometimes brush with ghee, Naan are always made with yoghurt...

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Tuesday, 26 August, 2008 6:35:06 PMRe: Re: Pasta - vegan or not?

don't chapati, roti, and naan breads generally have ghee?

Beatriz Aug 26, 2008 10:22 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Pasta - vegan or not?

What is the problem with chapatis?btw, i found this on youtube http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=jD4o_Lmy6bUit shows step by step how to make it.I believe nothing is lost if You use olive oil instead of the ghee.I tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Tue, 8/26/08, purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ btinternet. com> wrote:

purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ btinternet. com> Re: Pasta - vegan or not?@gro ups.comTuesday, August 26, 2008, 6:57 AM

wow i didn't know that. I'm not one for too many sauces shop bought, but will keep a keen eye on what I buy. Mostly we make our own. :) Will miss chapati's with my curry though, so will need to read up on making a vegan version i think! :) @gro ups.com, yarrow wrote:>> At 8:01 PM +0000 8/25/08, purplehugs2007 wrote:> >Thanks, definately wasn't fresh - i know that a mile off. Chances are> >the odds are high it was ok. :) Thanks, is it just egg that i need to> >watch for in what I have at home?> > I haven't seen any other nonvegan ingredients in pasta. Mostly it's > sauce/seasonings that have questionable additives. Asian prepared > mixes almost always have a fish ingredient.>With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

So have I - I think there are quite a few if you look around.

Jo

-

fraggle

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 6:46 PM

Re: Re: chapati, roti, naan

well, i've seen naan without milk products..not often, but it does exist....

hard to find indian breads it seems without ghee or yoghurt or the like tho, at least from what i've found

it's possible..but...

Peter VV Aug 26, 2008 10:42 AM Re: Re: Pasta - vegan or not?

Chapati, are the same as roti, and are just flour & water, however, they do sometimes brush with ghee, Naan are always made with yoghurt...

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Tuesday, 26 August, 2008 6:35:06 PMRe: Re: Pasta - vegan or not?

don't chapati, roti, and naan breads generally have ghee?

Beatriz Aug 26, 2008 10:22 AM @gro ups.com Re: Re: Pasta - vegan or not?

What is the problem with chapatis?btw, i found this on youtube http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=jD4o_Lmy6bUit shows step by step how to make it.I believe nothing is lost if You use olive oil instead of the ghee.I tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Tue, 8/26/08, purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ btinternet. com> wrote:

purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ btinternet. com> Re: Pasta - vegan or not?@gro ups.comTuesday, August 26, 2008, 6:57 AM

wow i didn't know that. I'm not one for too many sauces shop bought, but will keep a keen eye on what I buy. Mostly we make our own. :) Will miss chapati's with my curry though, so will need to read up on making a vegan version i think! :) @gro ups.com, yarrow wrote:>> At 8:01 PM +0000 8/25/08, purplehugs2007 wrote:> >Thanks, definately wasn't fresh - i know that a mile off. Chances are> >the odds are high it was ok. :) Thanks, is it just egg that i need to> >watch for in what I have at home?> > I haven't seen any other nonvegan ingredients in pasta. Mostly it's > sauce/seasonings that have questionable additives. Asian prepared > mixes almost always have a fish ingredient.>With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.