IndiaDivine.org

What's everyone washing their fruit with?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello All. :)

I've been using the organic fruit wash that can be purchased at the supermarket. It's expensive. And, I like to do things from scratch whenever possible. So, I've switched to baking soda in water (sometimes I pour some vinegar in to watch the bubbles). I was wondering was you are all using. Any suggestions? Please and thank you. :)

SoyPalmtree

sorry, me no help....

never wash my fruit (unless its like peaches and i want to get the fuzz off)

i've heard a bath in cool or ice water is helpful to some

hopefully someone else can help ya here

SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree Aug 26, 2008 12:04 PM What's everyone washing their fruit with?

I've been using the organic fruit wash that can be purchased at the supermarket. It's expensive. And, I like to do things from scratch whenever possible. So, I've switched to baking soda in water (sometimes I pour some vinegar in to watch the bubbles). I was wondering was you are all using. Any suggestions? Please and thank you. :)

SoyPalmtree

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

If I can get organic fruit, I use water, If its not I tend not to eat the peel.

Peter vv

SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree Sent: Tuesday, 26 August, 2008 8:04:55 PM What's everyone washing their fruit with?

SoyPalmtreeSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

I use salt in water, and then rinse it off.

Jo

-

SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:04 PM

What's everyone washing their fruit with?

SoyPalmtree

I just rinse it with tapwater.An apple, sometimes i just rub it on my t-shirt. The bugs havent killed me yet, heh :DI tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Tue, 8/26/08, SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree wrote:SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree What's everyone washing their fruit with? Date: Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 3:04 PM

SoyPalmtree

Your quite right, way too many hangups in this world, and this is one of them. How many peopel do you know who have been killed not washing by fruit?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight Sent: Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 12:34:46 AMRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

I just rinse it with tapwater.An apple, sometimes i just rub it on my t-shirt. The bugs havent killed me yet, heh :DI tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Tue, 8/26/08, SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com> wrote:

SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com> What's everyone washing their fruit with?@gro ups.comTuesday, August 26, 2008, 3:04 PM

I don't thinkit's a case of being killed. Some people get intestinal parasites from not washing their food - and who wants intestinal parasites? Others get the bacteria from cat faeces and go blind. Be flippant if you like, but don't encourage everyone to be careless with themselves.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:51 PM

Re: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

Your quite right, way too many hangups in this world, and this is one of them. How many peopel do you know who have been killed not washing by fruit?

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight > Sent: Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 12:34:46 AMRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

I just rinse it with tapwater.An apple, sometimes i just rub it on my t-shirt. The bugs havent killed me yet, heh :DI tremble for my species when I reflect that God is just.-Thomas Jefferson--- On Tue, 8/26/08, SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com> wrote:

SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com> What's everyone washing their fruit with?@gro ups.comTuesday, August 26, 2008, 3:04 PM

Not encouraging anyone to do anything? I think you are slightly over reacting in your response.I have nevr geard of anyone getting intestinal parasites from fruit? and as for the cat faeces? dont see the connection? you can get bacteria from everythings faeces cat or human or giraffe?

I would imagine more people get problems from ingesting meat than fruit?

Peter vv

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork Sent: Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 10:07:39 PMRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

I don't thinkit's a case of being killed. Some people get intestinal parasites from not washing their food - and who wants intestinal parasites? Others get the bacteria from cat faeces and go blind. Be flippant if you like, but don't encourage everyone to be careless with themselves.

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comWednesday, 27 August, 2008 12:34:46 AMRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

SoyPalmtreeSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

More vegetables than fruit.

Toxoplasmosis is from cats faeces.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:16 PM

Not encouraging anyone to do anything? I think you are slightly over reacting in your response.I have nevr geard of anyone getting intestinal parasites from fruit? and as for the cat faeces? dont see the connection? you can get bacteria from everythings faeces cat or human or giraffe?

Peter vv

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork > Sent: Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 10:07:39 PMRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >@gro ups.comWednesday, 27 August, 2008 12:34:46 AMRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

SoyPalmtreeSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

I once heard that toxoplasmosis had been created in a lab because of overpopulation of rabbits, but that's not what wiki says. --- On Wed, 8/27/08, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:jo.heartwork <jo.heartworkRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with? Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 6:01 PM

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, 27 August, 2008 10:07:39 PMRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

SoyPalmtreeSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

at least it didnt make any headlines, did it?ah!!! wait!! was this what happened to snow white?so, it wasnt the wicked queen's fault?--- On Wed, 8/27/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: What's everyone washing their fruit with? Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 1:51 PM

Peter vv

SoyPalmtreeSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

I use the stuff you buy in a spray bottle at the store. It has lemon in it. Once in a while if something is really dirty I wash it with dishsoap and then wash it with the veggie wash. Everything is thoroughly washed, even the organic stuff. Then usually wiped well.

That is myxamitosis - and was used to kill of rabbits to keep the

population down (still is sometimes).

Jo

, Beatriz <searchingalight

wrote:

>

> I once heard that toxoplasmosis had been created in a lab because

of overpopulation of rabbits, but that's not what wiki says.

>

> --- On Wed, 8/27/08, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:

> jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

> Re: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

>

> Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 6:01 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> More vegetables than fruit.

>  

> Toxoplasmosis is from cats faeces.

> Jo

>  

>

> -

>

> Peter VV

>

> @gro ups.com

> Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:16

> PM

> Re: What's everyone

> washing their fruit with?

>

>

>

>

>

> Not encouraging anyone to do anything? I think you are slightly

over

> reacting in your response.I have nevr geard of anyone getting

intestinal

> parasites from fruit? and as for the cat faeces? dont see the

connection? you

> can get bacteria from everythings faeces cat or human or giraffe?

> I would imagine more people get problems from ingesting meat

than

> fruit?

>

>

>  

>

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

> -----

> Original Message ----

> jo.heartwork

> <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>

> To:

> @gro ups.com

> Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 10:07:39

> PM

> Re: What's everyone washing their fruit

> with?

>

>

>

> 

> I don't thinkit's a case of being killed. 

> Some people get intestinal parasites from not washing their food -

and who

> wants intestinal parasites?  Others get the bacteria from cat

faeces and

> go blind.  Be flippant if you like, but don't encourage everyone

to be

> careless with themselves.

>  

> Jo

>  

>

> -

> Peter VV

> @gro ups.com

>

> Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:51

> PM

> Re: What's

> everyone washing their fruit with?

>

>

>

>

> Your

> quite right, way too many hangups in this world, and this is

one of them.

> How many peopel do you know who have been killed not washing by

fruit?

>

>

>  

>

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

> -----

> Original Message ----

> Beatriz <searchingalight@

> >

> @gro

> ups.com

> Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 12:34:46 AM

> Re:

> What's everyone washing their fruit with?

>

I just rinse it with tapwater.

> An apple, sometimes i

> just rub it on my t-shirt. 

> The bugs havent killed me yet,

> heh :D

>

> I tremble for my species when I reflect that God is

> just.-Thomas Jefferson

>

> --- On Tue, 8/26/08, SoyPalmtree

> SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com> wrote:

>

>

> SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com>

> Subject:

> To:

> @gro ups.com

> Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 3:04

> PM

Hello All.  :)

> I've been using the organic fruit wash that can be

purchased at

> the supermarket.  It's expensive.  And, I like to do

> things from scratch whenever possible.  So, I've

switched to

> baking soda in water (sometimes I pour some vinegar in

to watch the

> bubbles).  I was wondering was you are all using. Any

> suggestions?  Please and thank you.  :)

> SoyPalmtree

>

> Send

> instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger .

>

> Send instant messages to

> your online friends http://uk.messenger .

>

I haven't used the spray, but it sounds like a good idea. I do like my

food to be clean.

Jo

, Shelley <moondrop000 wrote:

>

> I use the stuff you buy in a spray bottle at the store.   It has

lemon in it.   Once in a while if something is really dirty I wash it

with dishsoap and then wash it with the veggie wash.   Everything is

thoroughly washed, even the organic stuff.   Then usually wiped well.

>

Hi Beatriz

I think you're thinking of myximatosis (which may be spelled completely differently to that!!!)

BB

Peter

-

Beatriz

Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:19 AM

I once heard that toxoplasmosis had been created in a lab because of overpopulation of rabbits, but that's not what wiki says. --- On Wed, 8/27/08, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:

jo.heartwork <jo.heartworkRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with? Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 6:01 PM

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>@gro ups.comWednesday, 27 August, 2008 10:07:39 PMRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with?

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

SoyPalmtreeSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

oh well, that's what it probably was :Sbrain when sleepy turns a few chips off :P--- On Thu, 8/28/08, Peter <metalscarab wrote:Peter <metalscarabRe: What's everyone washing their fruit with? Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 3:49 AM

Hi Beatriz

I think you're thinking of myximatosis (which may be spelled completely differently to that!!!)

BB

Peter

-

Beatriz

@gro ups.com

Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:19 AM

I once heard that toxoplasmosis had been created in a lab because of overpopulation of rabbits, but that's not what wiki says. --- On Wed, 8/27/08, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com> wrote:

jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>Re: What's everyone washing their fruit with?@gro ups.comWednesday, August 27, 2008, 6:01 PM

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

Jo

-

Peter VV

@gro ups.com

Peter vv

yups, thanks, I guess I was too sleepy when I posted that :P--- On Thu, 8/28/08, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:heartwerk <jo.heartwork Re: What's everyone washing their fruit with? Date: Thursday, August 28, 2008, 2:48 AM

That is myxamitosis - and was used to kill of rabbits to keep the

population down (still is sometimes).

Jo

@gro ups.com, Beatriz <searchingalight@ ...>

wrote:

>

> I once heard that toxoplasmosis had been created in a lab because

of overpopulation of rabbits, but that's not what wiki says.

>

> --- On Wed, 8/27/08, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ ...> wrote:

> jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@ ...>

> @gro ups.com

> Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 6:01 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> 

>

>

> Â

> Jo

> Â

>

> -

>

> Peter VV

>

> @gro ups.com

> Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:16

> PM

> Re: What's everyone

> washing their fruit with?

>

>

>

>

>

over

> reacting in your response.I have nevr geard of anyone getting

intestinal

> parasites from fruit? and as for the cat faeces? dont see the

connection? you

> can get bacteria from everythings faeces cat or human or giraffe?

> I would imagine more people get problems from ingesting meat

than

> fruit?

>

>

> Â

>

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

> -----

> Original Message ----

> jo.heartwork

> <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>

>

> @gro ups.com

> Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 10:07:39

> PM

> Re: What's everyone washing their fruit

> with?

>

>

>

> 

> I don't thinkit's a case of being killed.Â

> Some people get intestinal parasites from not washing their food -

and who

> wants intestinal parasites? Others get the bacteria from cat

faeces and

> go blind. Be flippant if you like, but don't encourage everyone

to be

> Â

> Jo

> Â

>

> -

> Peter VV

> @gro ups.com

>

> Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:51

> PM

> Re: What's

> everyone washing their fruit with?

>

>

>

>

> Your

> quite right, way too many hangups in this world, and this is

one of them.

> How many peopel do you know who have been killed not washing by

fruit?

>

>

> Â

>

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

> -----

> Original Message ----

> Beatriz <searchingalight@

> >

> @gro

> ups.com

> Re:

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I just rinse it with tapwater.

> An apple, sometimes i

> just rub it on my t-shirt.Â

> The bugs havent killed me yet,

> heh :D

>

> just.-Thomas Jefferson

>

> --- On Tue, 8/26/08, SoyPalmtree

> SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com> wrote:

>

>

>

>

> @gro ups.com

> Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 3:04

> PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello All. :)

purchased at

> the supermarket. It's expensive. And, I like to do

> things from scratch whenever possible. So, I've

switched to

> baking soda in water (sometimes I pour some vinegar in

to watch the

> bubbles). I was wondering was you are all using. Any

> suggestions? Please and thank you. :)

> SoyPalmtree

>

> Send

> instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger .

>

> Send instant messages to

> your online friends http://uk.messenger .

>

Oddly, we were just covering toxo in parasitology today. More people

get those little nasties from undercooked pork than any other source.

People on this group shouldn't have to worry much about that. People

often think that the cat is the major problem, but catching it from

the household pet is the least likely way that people become exposed.

Unwashed fruits and veggies are a distant second to the undercooked

meats. :) That said, I would strongly recommend hand washing after

cleaning the cat box.

~Faith

, " jo.heartwork " <jo.heartwork

wrote:

>

>

> Jo

>

> -

> Peter VV

>

> Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:16 PM

>

>

>

over reacting in your response.I have nevr geard of anyone getting

intestinal parasites from fruit? and as for the cat faeces? dont see

the connection? you can get bacteria from everythings faeces cat or

human or giraffe?

>

> I would imagine more people get problems from ingesting meat than

fruit?

>

>

>

>

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

>

> jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork

>

> Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 10:07:39 PM

>

>

> 

>

> I don't thinkit's a case of being killed. Some people get

intestinal parasites from not washing their food - and who wants

intestinal parasites? Others get the bacteria from cat faeces and go

blind. Be flippant if you like, but don't encourage everyone to be

careless with themselves.

>

> Jo

>

> -

> Peter VV

> @gro ups.com

> Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:51 PM

>

>

>

> Your quite right, way too many hangups in this world, and this

is one of them. How many peopel do you know who have been killed not

washing by fruit?

>

>

>

> Peter vv

>

>

>

>

>

> Beatriz <searchingalight@ >

> @gro ups.com

>

>

> I just rinse it with tapwater.

> An apple, sometimes i just rub it on my t-shirt.

> The bugs havent killed me yet, heh :D

>

just.-Thomas Jefferson

>

> --- On Tue, 8/26/08, SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@

gmail.com> wrote:

>

> What's everyone washing their

fruit with?

> @gro ups.com

> Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 3:04 PM

>

>

>

> Hello All. :)

purchased at the supermarket. It's expensive. And, I like to do

things from scratch whenever possible. So, I've switched to baking

soda in water (sometimes I pour some vinegar in to watch the bubbles).

I was wondering was you are all using. Any suggestions? Please and

thank you. :)

> SoyPalmtree

>

>

>

>

> Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger

>

>

> Send instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger.

>

This conversation certainly got interesting... (Which is why I love this group). I think I'll just stick with the organic fruit wash from the store. Seems the best choice for now.

SoyPalmtree

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:48 PM, heartwerk <jo.heartwork wrote:

That is myxamitosis - and was used to kill of rabbits to keep the population down (still is sometimes).Jo , Beatriz <searchingalight

wrote: >> I once heard that toxoplasmosis had been created in a lab because of overpopulation of rabbits, but that's not what wiki says. > > --- On Wed, 8/27/08, jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork wrote:

> jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork > Re: What's everyone washing their fruit with?> > Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 6:01 PM

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > More vegetables than fruit.>  > Toxoplasmosis is from cats faeces.> Jo>  > > - > > Peter VV > > @gro ups.com > Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:16

> PM> Re: What's everyone > washing their fruit with?> > > > > > Not encouraging anyone to do anything? I think you are slightly over

> reacting in your response.I have nevr geard of anyone getting intestinal > parasites from fruit? and as for the cat faeces? dont see the connection? you > can get bacteria from everythings faeces cat or human or giraffe?

> I would imagine more people get problems from ingesting meat than > fruit?> > >  > > Peter vv> > > > > ----- > Original Message ----> jo.heartwork > <jo.heartwork@ gmail.com>

> > @gro ups.com> Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 10:07:39 > PM> Re: What's everyone washing their fruit

> with?> > > >  > I don't thinkit's a case of being killed.Â

> Some people get intestinal parasites from not washing their food -and who > wants intestinal parasites? Others get the bacteria from cat faeces and > go blind. Be flippant if you like, but don't encourage everyone

to be > careless with themselves.> Â > Jo> Â > > - > Peter VV > @gro ups.com > > Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:51

> PM> Re: What's > everyone washing their fruit with?> > > > > Your > quite right, way too many hangups in this world, and this is one of them.

> How many peopel do you know who have been killed not washing by fruit? > > > Â > > Peter vv> > > > > ----- > Original Message ----> Beatriz <searchingalight@ > >

> @gro > ups.com> Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 12:34:46 AM> Re: > What's everyone washing their fruit with?

> > > > > > > > I just rinse it with tapwater.> An apple, sometimes i > just rub it on my t-shirt.Â

> The bugs havent killed me yet, > heh :D> > I tremble for my species when I reflect that God is > just.-Thomas Jefferson> > --- On Tue, 8/26/08, SoyPalmtree

> SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com> wrote:> > > SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com>

> > What's everyone washing their fruit with?> > @gro ups.com> Tuesday, August 26, 2008, 3:04

> PM> > > > > > > Hello All. :) > I've been using the organic fruit wash that can be purchased at > the supermarket. It's expensive. And, I like to do > things from scratch whenever possible. So, I've

switched to > baking soda in water (sometimes I pour some vinegar in to watch the > bubbles). I was wondering was you are all using. Any > suggestions? Please and thank you. :) > SoyPalmtree> > Send > instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

> > Send instant messages to > your online friends http://uk.messenger .>

You are correct when you say that 'more' cases are caused by

undercooked meat, but it would still seem unintelligent to me to take

the chance of getting it at all. How long does it take to wash

vegetables? Not long.

Jo

, " Faith " <tigerpainter wrote:

>

> Oddly, we were just covering toxo in parasitology today. More

people

> get those little nasties from undercooked pork than any other

source.

> People on this group shouldn't have to worry much about that.

People

> often think that the cat is the major problem, but catching it from

> the household pet is the least likely way that people become

exposed.

> Unwashed fruits and veggies are a distant second to the undercooked

> meats. :) That said, I would strongly recommend hand washing after

> cleaning the cat box.

>

> ~Faith

>

> , " jo.heartwork " <jo.heartwork@>

> wrote:

> >

> > More vegetables than fruit.

> >

> > Toxoplasmosis is from cats faeces.

> > Jo

> >

> > -

> > Peter VV

> >

> > Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:16 PM

> > Re: What's everyone washing their fruit

with?

> >

> >

> >

> > Not encouraging anyone to do anything? I think you are slightly

> over reacting in your response.I have nevr geard of anyone getting

> intestinal parasites from fruit? and as for the cat faeces? dont see

> the connection? you can get bacteria from everythings faeces cat or

> human or giraffe?

> >

> > I would imagine more people get problems from ingesting meat

than

> fruit?

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Peter vv

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > jo.heartwork <jo.heartwork@>

> >

> > Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 10:07:39 PM

with?

> >

> >

> > 

> >

> > I don't thinkit's a case of being killed. Some people get

> intestinal parasites from not washing their food - and who wants

> intestinal parasites? Others get the bacteria from cat faeces and

go

> blind. Be flippant if you like, but don't encourage everyone to be

> >

> > Jo

> >

> > -

> > Peter VV

> > @gro ups.com

> > Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:51 PM

with?

> >

> >

> >

> > Your quite right, way too many hangups in this world, and this

> is one of them. How many peopel do you know who have been killed not

> washing by fruit?

> >

> >

> >

> > Peter vv

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Beatriz <searchingalight@ >

> > @gro ups.com

> > Wednesday, 27 August, 2008 12:34:46 AM

with?

> >

> >

> > I just rinse it with tapwater.

> > An apple, sometimes i just rub it on my t-shirt.

> > The bugs havent killed me yet, heh :D

> >

> > I tremble for my species when I reflect that God is

> just.-Thomas Jefferson

> >

> > --- On Tue, 8/26/08, SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree

<soypalmtree@

> gmail.com> wrote:

> >

> > SoyPalmtree SoyPalmtree <soypalmtree@ gmail.com>

> > What's everyone washing their

> fruit with?