IndiaDivine.org

PETA Supporter Sophie Monk Gets Caught With KFC Chicken In Hand

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Filed under: animals, food & drink, not green — parrish @ 11:33 am

Sophie Monk is totally busted! The Australian vegetarian celebrity was recently photographed leaving a Hollywood KFC with a box of chicken in hand and the vegan police are out for blood (or rather a faux blood, soy-based vegan alternative).

True, there’s nothing illegal about eating at KFC (although there should be), and if this picture was taken in one of the Canadian chains that now offer a vegan alternative it wouldn’t be such a big deal. But this was shot in Hollywood, and we all know that American KFC’s aren’t anywhere near vegan!

What makes it worse is that Monk has very publicly spoken out against the fast food chain in the past, saying: “I think the message to KFC eaters [is that] you should think about what you’re eating. If you’re eating deformed animals that are being induced by hormones, you know, it can not be good for you.â€

I can’t tell you how much I hate hearing stories like this. And so, because I’m half Jewish and half Catholic (and therefore properly trained in the art of denial), I’ve prepared a list of the top five possible reasons Sophie could have been leaving KFC with a box of chicken.

1. She was doing undercover work for PETA.2. It was a child’s Make A Wish request was to have Sophie Monk buy them KFC.3. She was being held hostage and the man with the gun was photoshopped out of the picture later.4. She has a clone.5. She was stealing the food to give to the homeless.

Why do YOU think Sophie was eating at KFC?

Peter vvSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Quite possibly she was buying it for someone else.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 6:57 PM

Re: PETA Supporter Sophie Monk Gets Caught With KFC Chicken In Hand

Sophie Monk is totally busted! The Australian vegetarian celebrity was recently photographed leaving a Hollywood KFC with a box of chicken in hand and the vegan police are out for blood (or rather a faux blood, soy-based vegan alternative).

True, there’s nothing illegal about eating at KFC (although there should be), and if this picture was taken in one of the Canadian chains that now offer a vegan alternative it wouldn’t be such a big deal. But this was shot in Hollywood, and we all know that American KFC’s aren’t anywhere near vegan!

What makes it worse is that Monk has very publicly spoken out against the fast food chain in the past, saying: “I think the message to KFC eaters [is that] you should think about what you’re eating. If you’re eating deformed animals that are being induced by hormones, you know, it can not be good for you.â€

I can’t tell you how much I hate hearing stories like this. And so, because I’m half Jewish and half Catholic (and therefore properly trained in the art of denial), I’ve prepared a list of the top five possible reasons Sophie could have been leaving KFC with a box of chicken.

1. She was doing undercover work for PETA.2. It was a child’s Make A Wish request was to have Sophie Monk buy them KFC.3. She was being held hostage and the man with the gun was photoshopped out of the picture later.4. She has a clone.5. She was stealing the food to give to the homeless.

Peter vvSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Well...1.) Things aren't always what they seem2.) I don't see her eating, she's just carrying a bag3.) Just from the picture can you see what's in the bag? Is it really chicken? I once had a corn cob at kfc and it all depends on where you draw the line.Two weeks ago I had family over for lunch. Spaghetti with tomato sauce is my mom's favourite and I addedsome tvp to the sauce as I knew she wouldnt mind. I had "tested" it with them before so I knew they wouldnt dislike it.But... and although I dont like the idea of having meat inside my house I had someone go buy some BBQd chicken (cooking it myself would have been too much, yikes!)Although I don't aprove their choices, I have to respect them as they as well respect mine. I felt like it was the best way to go about. Btw I came to know that they had

tried tofu the other day and even liked it. My sister voluntarily had bought it and mom cooked it. And this without me insisting and/or pursuading.Never in my life I would have thought such a thing possible.As I, kind of, give them freedom of choice channels are kept open.The point was: she could be buying it for her omnivorous mom or dad.--- On Wed, 8/27/08, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:Peter VV <swpgh01Re: PETA Supporter Sophie Monk Gets Caught With KFC Chicken In Hand Date: Wednesday, August 27, 2008, 1:57 PM

Sophie Monk is totally busted! The Australian vegetarian celebrity was recently photographed leaving a Hollywood KFC with a box of chicken in hand and the vegan police are out for blood (or rather a faux blood, soy-based vegan alternative) .

What makes it worse is that Monk has very publicly spoken out against the fast food chain in the past, saying: “I think the message to KFC eaters [is that] you should think about what you’re eating. If you’re eating deformed animals that are being induced by hormones, you know, it can not be good for you.”

Peter vvSend instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Filed under: animals, food & drink, not green †" parrish @ 11:33 am

> Sophie Monk is totally busted! The Australian vegetarian celebrity

was recently photographed leaving a Hollywood KFC with a box of

chicken in hand and the vegan police are out for blood (or rather a

faux blood, soy-based vegan alternative).

> True, there’s nothing illegal about eating at KFC (although there

should be), and if this picture was taken in one of the Canadian

chains that now offer a vegan alternative it wouldn’t be such a big

deal. But this was shot in Hollywood, and we all know that American

KFC’s aren’t anywhere near vegan!

> What makes it worse is that Monk has very publicly spoken out

against the fast food chain in the past, saying: “I think the

message to KFC eaters [is that] you should think about what you’re

eating. If you’re eating deformed animals that are being induced by

hormones, you know, it can not be good for you.â€

> I can’t tell you how much I hate hearing stories like this. And

so, because I’m half Jewish and half Catholic (and therefore

properly trained in the art of denial), I’ve prepared a list of the

top five possible reasons Sophie could have been leaving KFC with a

box of chicken.

> 1. She was doing undercover work for PETA.

> 2. It was a child’s Make A Wish request was to have Sophie Monk

buy them KFC.

> 3. She was being held hostage and the man with the gun was

photoshopped out of the picture later.

> 4. She has a clone.

> 5. She was stealing the food to give to the homeless.

> Why do YOU think Sophie was eating at KFC?

>  

> Peter vv

>

> Send instant messages to your online friends

http://uk.messenger.

>

Ummm i would have to go with # 4.... hehe. i sure shes got a fairly

good reason...