IndiaDivine.org

how does your garden grow

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This week i just had to say i'm now buried in carrots, as well as beans

when i was harvesting more beans this morning, i pulled aside one of the vines

and uncovered a row of large hidden carrots. we've been harvesting like one or

two a week since late spring, but had mostly given up on em.

these were under a pile of purple beans, and i had just missed em all summer i

guess.

just harvested over two dozen of the suckers, now need to figure out what to do

with em

(i kinda got all giddy and excited when i saw them and went harvest mad)

and of course

beans

and beans

and beans

and did i mention beans?

a few peas..maybe a dozen pods a day. new plants are just sorta sitting there.

don't think they like the heat.

collards are still insane. flowering, but i'm able to harvest the flower buds

quick and they are tasty

the dinosaur kale is fighting a losing battle with the largest of the

collards...

herbs mostly went " its hot! " and went to seed

good turn out of basil still

cucumbers and zukes doing fine, they love the beans.

blackberries mostly finished.

hoping to harvest most of the collards and greens, so i can get the fall greens

in, tho, its bloody hot fer that right now anyways.

cheers

fraggle

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first

thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Can you freeze the carrots if you dont plan on eating them in the next couple of weeks? as long as you havent cut their tops off, you could always stick them back in to keep until you want them?

send some of that nice weather over here would you?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunxvegan chat ; "doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com" <doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com>Friday, 29 August, 2008 8:03:07 PM how does your garden grow

This week i just had to say i'm now buried in carrots, as well as beanswhen i was harvesting more beans this morning, i pulled aside one of the vines and uncovered a row of large hidden carrots. we've been harvesting like one or two a week since late spring, but had mostly given up on em. these were under a pile of purple beans, and i had just missed em all summer i guess.just harvested over two dozen of the suckers, now need to figure out what to do with em(i kinda got all giddy and excited when i saw them and went harvest mad)and of coursebeansand beansand beansand did i mention beans?a few peas..maybe a dozen pods a day. new plants are just sorta sitting there. don't think they like the heat.collards are still insane. flowering, but i'm able to harvest the flower buds quick and they are tastythe dinosaur kale is fighting a losing battle with the largest of the collards...herbs

mostly went "its hot!" and went to seedgood turn out of basil stillcucumbers and zukes doing fine, they love the beans.blackberries mostly finished.hoping to harvest most of the collards and greens, so i can get the fall greens in, tho, its bloody hot fer that right now anyways.cheersfraggleWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

freezing tends to make the carrots mushy

i hate cooked carrots.

they should store fine for awhile

the dogs love em anyways, so they at least have chewy snacks if nothing else

fraggle

Peter VV Aug 29, 2008 1:10 PM Re: how does your garden grow

Can you freeze the carrots if you dont plan on eating them in the next couple of weeks? as long as you havent cut their tops off, you could always stick them back in to keep until you want them?

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>vegan chat ; "doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com" <doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com>Friday, 29 August, 2008 8:03:07 PM how does your garden grow

This week i just had to say i'm now buried in carrots, as well as beanswhen i was harvesting more beans this morning, i pulled aside one of the vines and uncovered a row of large hidden carrots. we've been harvesting like one or two a week since late spring, but had mostly given up on em. these were under a pile of purple beans, and i had just missed em all summer i guess.just harvested over two dozen of the suckers, now need to figure out what to do with em(i kinda got all giddy and excited when i saw them and went harvest mad)and of coursebeansand beansand beansand did i mention beans?a few peas..maybe a dozen pods a day. new plants are just sorta sitting there. don't think they like the heat.collards are still insane. flowering, but i'm able to harvest the flower buds quick and they are tastythe dinosaur kale is fighting a losing battle with the largest of the collards...herbs mostly went "its hot!" and went to seedgood turn out of basil stillcucumbers and zukes doing fine, they love the beans.blackberries mostly finished.hoping to harvest most of the collards and greens, so i can get the fall greens in, tho, its bloody hot fer that right now anyways.cheersfraggleWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

5 bucks says you wont get one of the cats to eat a whole one....

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Friday, 29 August, 2008 9:14:20 PMRe: how does your garden grow

i hate cooked carrots.

fraggle

Peter VV Aug 29, 2008 1:10 PM @gro ups.com Re: how does your garden grow

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>vegan chat <@gro ups.com>; "doomerism@googlegr oups.com" <doomerism@googlegro ups.com>Friday, 29 August, 2008 8:03:07 PM how does your garden grow

This week i just had to say i'm now buried in carrots, as well as beanswhen i was harvesting more beans this morning, i pulled aside one of the vines and uncovered a row of large hidden carrots. we've been harvesting like one or two a week since late spring, but had mostly given up on em. these were under a pile of purple beans, and i had just missed em all summer i guess.just harvested over two dozen of the suckers, now need to figure out what to do with em(i kinda got all giddy and excited when i saw them and went harvest mad)and of coursebeansand beansand beansand did i mention beans?a few peas..maybe a dozen pods a day. new plants are just sorta sitting there. don't think they like the heat.collards are still insane. flowering, but i'm able to harvest the flower buds quick and they are tastythe dinosaur kale is fighting a losing battle with the largest of the collards...herbs

mostly went "its hot!" and went to seedgood turn out of basil stillcucumbers and zukes doing fine, they love the beans.blackberries mostly finished.hoping to harvest most of the collards and greens, so i can get the fall greens in, tho, its bloody hot fer that right now anyways.cheersfraggleWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger .

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

considering the carrots are much bigger then the cats, i'm not gonna take that bet

they do like the string beans tho, at least when they're cooked

Peter VV Aug 29, 2008 1:18 PM Re: how does your garden grow

5 bucks says you wont get one of the cats to eat a whole one....

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net> Sent: Friday, 29 August, 2008 9:14:20 PMRe: how does your garden grow

i hate cooked carrots.

fraggle

Peter VV Aug 29, 2008 1:10 PM @gro ups.com Re: how does your garden grow

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx@earthlin k.net>vegan chat <@gro ups.com>; "doomerism@googlegr oups.com" <doomerism@googlegro ups.com>Friday, 29 August, 2008 8:03:07 PM how does your garden grow

This week i just had to say i'm now buried in carrots, as well as beanswhen i was harvesting more beans this morning, i pulled aside one of the vines and uncovered a row of large hidden carrots. we've been harvesting like one or two a week since late spring, but had mostly given up on em. these were under a pile of purple beans, and i had just missed em all summer i guess.just harvested over two dozen of the suckers, now need to figure out what to do with em(i kinda got all giddy and excited when i saw them and went harvest mad)and of coursebeansand beansand beansand did i mention beans?a few peas..maybe a dozen pods a day. new plants are just sorta sitting there. don't think they like the heat.collards are still insane. flowering, but i'm able to harvest the flower buds quick and they are tastythe dinosaur kale is fighting a losing battle with the largest of the collards...herbs mostly went "its hot!" and went to seedgood turn out of basil stillcucumbers and zukes doing fine, they love the beans.blackberries mostly finished.hoping to harvest most of the collards and greens, so i can get the fall greens in, tho, its bloody hot fer that right now anyways.cheersfraggleWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger . With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

You are doing well!

Jo

-

fraggle

vegan chat ; doomerism (AT) googl (DOT) com

Friday, August 29, 2008 8:03 PM

how does your garden grow

This week i just had to say i'm now buried in carrots, as well as beanswhen i was harvesting more beans this morning, i pulled aside one of the vines and uncovered a row of large hidden carrots. we've been harvesting like one or two a week since late spring, but had mostly given up on em. these were under a pile of purple beans, and i had just missed em all summer i guess.just harvested over two dozen of the suckers, now need to figure out what to do with em(i kinda got all giddy and excited when i saw them and went harvest mad)and of coursebeansand beansand beansand did i mention beans?a few peas..maybe a dozen pods a day. new plants are just sorta sitting there. don't think they like the heat.collards are still insane. flowering, but i'm able to harvest the flower buds quick and they are tastythe dinosaur kale is fighting a losing battle with the largest of the collards...herbs mostly went "its hot!" and went to seedgood turn out of basil stillcucumbers and zukes doing fine, they love the beans.blackberries mostly finished.hoping to harvest most of the collards and greens, so i can get the fall greens in, tho, its bloody hot fer that right now anyways.cheersfraggleWith the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.