Dr Rajendra Pachauri, chair of the United Nations

Intergovernmental

Panel on Climate Change, which last year earned a joint share of

the

Nobel Peace Prize, said that people should then go on to reduce

their

meat consumption even further.

His comments are the most controversial advice yet provided by the

panel on how individuals can help tackle global warning.

sounds like back when i was a wee fraggle, a ton of people around me did that...one meat free day of week

it was called Catholicism.........

probably why my father was a lapst baptist......

that was a lame attempt at humor

yarrow Sep 8, 2008 12:16 AM UN advises cutting back meat to tackle global warming

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/sep/07/food.foodanddrinkPeople should have one meat-free day a week if they want to make apersonal and effective sacrifice that would help tackle climatechange, the world's leading authority on global warming has told TheObserverDr Rajendra Pachauri, chair of the United Nations IntergovernmentalPanel on Climate Change, which last year earned a joint share of theNobel Peace Prize, said that people should then go on to reduce theirmeat consumption even further.His comments are the most controversial advice yet provided by thepanel on how individuals can help tackle global warning.

you're bored in retirement cuz your energies drained away, your money had no answer, you just still want more! your life was never different then the guy next door!

all your neighbors are competitors, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb. potential friends are now your enemies, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb.

LOL - that's very true. When I was at school the school dinner on Friday was always fish instead of meat.

Jo

-

fraggle

Monday, September 08, 2008 4:01 PM

Re: UN advises cutting back meat to tackle global warming

sounds like back when i was a wee fraggle, a ton of people around me did that...one meat free day of week

it was called Catholicism.........

probably why my father was a lapst baptist......

that was a lame attempt at humor

yarrow Sep 8, 2008 12:16 AM UN advises cutting back meat to tackle global warming

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/sep/07/food.foodanddrinkPeople should have one meat-free day a week if they want to make apersonal and effective sacrifice that would help tackle climatechange, the world's leading authority on global warming has told TheObserverDr Rajendra Pachauri, chair of the United Nations IntergovernmentalPanel on Climate Change, which last year earned a joint share of theNobel Peace Prize, said that people should then go on to reduce theirmeat consumption even further.His comments are the most controversial advice yet provided by thepanel on how individuals can help tackle global warning.

you're bored in retirement cuz your energies drained away, your money had no answer, you just still want more! your life was never different then the guy next door!

all your neighbors are competitors, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb. potential friends are now your enemies, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb.