Lime and Coconut Cheesecake

250g ( 9oz) vegan ginger biscuits

2 dessertspoons vegetable oil

145g ( 5oz) block of creamed coconut

2 limes

250g ( 12oz) firm silken tofu

1 avocado

70g (2 1/2 oz) caster sugar

coconut shavings and lime slices to decorate (optional)

Break the biscuits into fine crumbs in a blender or plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.

Place vegetable oil and 45g ( 1 1/2 oz ) of the creamed coconut into a pan. Heat Gently, stirring until coconut has melted

Take off the heat and add the crushed biscuits. Mix well and transfer to a 7 inch cake tin with a spring bottom. Press down and leave to cool in a fridge.

Using the saucepan, add the juice and pulp of two limes and the rest of the creamed coconut. Heat until the coconut has melted.

Transfer to a blender and add the tofu, avocado and sugar. Whiz until well blended and smooth.

Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and pour the mixture into the tin. Place in the fridge to set ( approx 3 hrs ). Decorate if desired. Serves 8.

Peter vv

purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs Sent: Tuesday, 9 September, 2008 7:42:52 PM Re: What do you have for lunch?

now that cheesecake sounds like I need the receipe for it! lol Sounds very interesting and pudding is my favourite part of any meal! lol @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> I just made a mushroom & black eyed bean ragout for dinner, and we have a cocnut & lime cheesecake ( made with tofu/creamed coconut/and. ......... avocado, yep you heard me right!)> > Â > Peter vv> > > > > purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Monday, 8 September, 2008 10:45:59 PM> Subject:

What do you have for lunch?> > > Hi all.. am new ish to the board and am in 'transition' adding one > vegan step as often as I can.. so am now on soya yoghurts, vegan > margerine etc.. no milk in my tea anymore etc. > > BUT.. I am a bit limited on lunches.. or I THINK i am.. soo.. thought > you wouldn't mind enlightening me. > > currently I'm eating houmous which i found 3 flavoured tubs of in the > UK.. so get a bit of variety. > > Also love banana sandwiches and don't mind jam but as i have a sugar > imbalance i'm starving not long after those... > > thanks for any advice you can offer.>

interesting

i assume us folks on this side of the pond can use graham crackers or the like, i assume ginger biscuit is sorta like a shortbread biscuit?

and, caster sugar is superfine sugar for those folks on this side of ol briney as well (do not confuse with confectioners sugar)

Peter VV Sep 10, 2008 11:02 AM Re: Avocado in my cheesecake!

2 limes

1 avocado

Break the biscuits into fine crumbs in a blender or plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.

Place vegetable oil and 45g ( 1 1/2 oz ) of the creamed coconut into a pan. Heat Gently, stirring until coconut has melted

Take off the heat and add the crushed biscuits. Mix well and transfer to a 7 inch cake tin with a spring bottom. Press down and leave to cool in a fridge.

Using the saucepan, add the juice and pulp of two limes and the rest of the creamed coconut. Heat until the coconut has melted.

Transfer to a blender and add the tofu, avocado and sugar. Whiz until well blended and smooth.

Remove the biscuit base from the fridge and pour the mixture into the tin. Place in the fridge to set ( approx 3 hrs ). Decorate if desired. Serves 8.

Peter vv

purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs (AT) btinternet (DOT) com> Sent: Tuesday, 9 September, 2008 7:42:52 PM Re: What do you have for lunch?

now that cheesecake sounds like I need the receipe for it! lol Sounds very interesting and pudding is my favourite part of any meal! lol @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> I just made a mushroom & black eyed bean ragout for dinner, and we have a cocnut & lime cheesecake ( made with tofu/creamed coconut/and. ......... avocado, yep you heard me right!)> > Â > Peter vv> > > > > purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Monday, 8 September, 2008 10:45:59 PM> What do you have for lunch?> > > Hi all.. am new ish to the board and am in 'transition' adding one > vegan step as often as I can.. so am now on soya yoghurts, vegan > margerine etc.. no milk in my tea anymore etc. > > BUT.. I am a bit limited on lunches.. or I THINK i am.. soo.. thought > you wouldn't mind enlightening me. > > currently I'm eating houmous which i found 3 flavoured tubs of in the > UK.. so get a bit of variety. > > Also love banana sandwiches and don't mind jam but as i have a sugar > imbalance i'm starving not long after those... > > thanks for any advice you can offer.>

you're bored in retirement cuz your energies drained away, your money had no answer, you just still want more! your life was never different then the guy next door!

all your neighbors are competitors, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb. potential friends are now your enemies, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb.

Hi FraggleCaster sugar you're right on. Ginger biscuits are normally a bit more solid than shortbread.... just biscuits which taste of ginger! Katy has a good recipe which I can get off her and pass on... then you can crumble them up for your cheesecake!

BBPeter2008/9/10 fraggle <EBbrewpunx

interesting

i assume us folks on this side of the pond can use graham crackers or the like, i assume ginger biscuit is sorta like a shortbread biscuit?

and, caster sugar is superfine sugar for those folks on this side of ol briney as well (do not confuse with confectioners sugar)

Peter VV Sep 10, 2008 11:02 AM

Re: Avocado in my cheesecake!

2 limes

1 avocado

Peter vv

purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs

Sent: Tuesday, 9 September, 2008 7:42:52 PM Re: What do you have for lunch?

now that cheesecake sounds like I need the receipe for it! lol Sounds very interesting and pudding is my favourite part of any meal! lol @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:

>> I just made a mushroom & black eyed bean ragout for dinner, and we have a cocnut & lime cheesecake ( made with tofu/creamed coconut/and. ......... avocado, yep you heard me right!)>

> Â > Peter vv> > > > > purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ ...>> @gro ups.com

> Monday, 8 September, 2008 10:45:59 PM> What do you have for lunch?> > > Hi all.. am new ish to the board and am in 'transition' adding one > vegan step as often as I can.. so am now on soya yoghurts, vegan

> margerine etc.. no milk in my tea anymore etc. > > BUT.. I am a bit limited on lunches.. or I THINK i am.. soo.. thought > you wouldn't mind enlightening me. > > currently I'm eating houmous which i found 3 flavoured tubs of in

the > UK.. so get a bit of variety. > > Also love banana sandwiches and don't mind jam but as i have a sugar > imbalance i'm starving not long after those... > > thanks for any advice you can offer.

>

you're bored in retirement cuz your energies drained away, your money had no answer, you just still want more! your life was never different then the guy next door!

all your neighbors are competitors, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb. potential friends are now your enemies, where'd you all go wrong? there never was a mountain to climb.

Thanks.

Jo

-

Peter VV

Wednesday, September 10, 2008 7:02 PM

2 limes

1 avocado

Peter vv

purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs (AT) btinternet (DOT) com> Sent: Tuesday, 9 September, 2008 7:42:52 PM Re: What do you have for lunch?

now that cheesecake sounds like I need the receipe for it! lol Sounds very interesting and pudding is my favourite part of any meal! lol @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> I just made a mushroom & black eyed bean ragout for dinner, and we have a cocnut & lime cheesecake ( made with tofu/creamed coconut/and. ......... avocado, yep you heard me right!)> > Â > Peter vv> > > > > purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Monday, 8 September, 2008 10:45:59 PM> What do you have for lunch?> > > Hi all.. am new ish to the board and am in 'transition' adding one > vegan step as often as I can.. so am now on soya yoghurts, vegan > margerine etc.. no milk in my tea anymore etc. > > BUT.. I am a bit limited on lunches.. or I THINK i am.. soo.. thought > you wouldn't mind enlightening me. > > currently I'm eating houmous which i found 3 flavoured tubs of in the > UK.. so get a bit of variety. > > Also love banana sandwiches and don't mind jam but as i have a sugar > imbalance i'm starving not long after those... > > thanks for any advice you can offer.>

Ginger Biscuits

Ingredients

2 oz vegan margarine

1 oz sugar

4oz flour

1 teaspoon ground ginger

Blend the margarine with the sugar until it is a smooth paste. Add the ginger and flour and blend thoroughly. If it too dry add a teaspoon of water - it should come together in a dough. Roll out on a floured surface and cut out using a cookie cutter. Place on a greased baking sheet in a 200 degree oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx Sent: Wednesday, 10 September, 2008 7:24:41 PMRe: Avocado in my cheesecake!

interesting

Peter VV Sep 10, 2008 11:02 AM @gro ups.com Re: Avocado in my cheesecake!

2 limes

1 avocado

Peter vv

purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ btinternet. com>@gro ups.comTuesday, 9 September, 2008 7:42:52 PM Re: What do you have for lunch?

now that cheesecake sounds like I need the receipe for it! lol Sounds very interesting and pudding is my favourite part of any meal! lol @gro ups.com, Peter VV <swpgh01 > wrote:>> I just made a mushroom & black eyed bean ragout for dinner, and we have a cocnut & lime cheesecake ( made with tofu/creamed coconut/and. ......... avocado, yep you heard me right!)> > Â > Peter vv> > > > > purplehugs2007 <purple.hugs@ ...>> @gro ups.com> Monday, 8 September, 2008 10:45:59 PM> Subject:

What do you have for lunch?> > > Hi all.. am new ish to the board and am in 'transition' adding one > vegan step as often as I can.. so am now on soya yoghurts, vegan > margerine etc.. no milk in my tea anymore etc. > > BUT.. I am a bit limited on lunches.. or I THINK i am.. soo.. thought > you wouldn't mind enlightening me. > > currently I'm eating houmous which i found 3 flavoured tubs of in the > UK.. so get a bit of variety. > > Also love banana sandwiches and don't mind jam but as i have a sugar > imbalance i'm starving not long after those... > > thanks for any advice you can offer.>

fanx

the last cheesecake rebecca and i made had a tad lil accident. it didn't want to come out of the pan...we used a glass baking pan instead of the springform pan, and it just wouldn't come out...

we had to eat it out of the glass pan..how horrid...

heh heh

Peter Kebbell Sep 10, 2008 11:27 AM Re: Avocado in my cheesecake!

Hi FraggleCaster sugar you're right on. Ginger biscuits are normally a bit more solid than shortbread.... just biscuits which taste of ginger! Katy has a good recipe which I can get off her and pass on... then you can crumble them up for your cheesecake!BBPeter

2008/9/10 fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>

interesting

Peter VV Sep 10, 2008 11:02 AM

2 limes

1 avocado

Peter vv

hi peter,

That sounds wonderful.

I love coconut and lime together.

Thanks

, Peter VV <swpgh01 wrote:

>

> Lime and Coconut Cheesecake

> 250g ( 9oz) vegan ginger biscuits

> 2 dessertspoons vegetable oil

> 145g ( 5oz) block of creamed coconut

> 2 limes

>