IndiaDivine.org

seiman

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Have any of ya'll made seiman? I love beans, and have no real objection to soy, but they both cause terrible gas. LOL I thought I'd try making seiman so I went and got the makings, and while I was at it got some ready made. Well - - - I didn't like it. Waah. Not sure if homemade will taste better and be a more pleasant texture or not. I don't need it to taste like meat, never much liked the taste of meat anyway. But this tasted like grisly old chicken. Ideas?

seiman?

do you mean seitan?

nina92116 Oct 18, 2008 1:59 PM seiman

Have any of ya'll made seiman? I love beans, and have no real objection to soy, but they both cause terrible gas. LOL I thought I'd try making seiman so I went and got the makings, and while I was at it got some ready made. Well - - - I didn't like it. Waah. Not sure if homemade will taste better and be a more pleasant texture or not. I don't need it to taste like meat, never much liked the taste of meat anyway. But this tasted like grisly old chicken. Ideas?

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

LOL! I was like there's only one " seiman " I know about and if one could make their own...who needs men anymore

I've never had pre-made seitan so I don't know about the taste, I've only ever made it myself.Gymbo in TX working on Philly :)

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 5:09 PM, <nina92116 wrote:

rotflmao! Uh huh, that's what I meant to say.

-

fraggle

Saturday, October 18, 2008 2:49 PM

Re: seiman

seiman?

do you mean seitan?

I was interested in men long after I no longer had a good use for . . . . oh, never mind. :-p

So is the homemade tough? I'm going to try it anyway just to give my guts a rest from the stinky rumbling. Just wondered.

Is there a particular recipe you use? Doesn't sound any harder than sourdough bread to make and I do the sourdough about once a week already.

-

Mikeygirl9915

Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:44 PM

LOL! I was like there's only one "seiman" I know about and if one could make their own...who needs men anymore I've never had pre-made seitan so I don't know about the taste, I've only ever made it myself.

So bititng my tongue on this................

Peter vv

"nina92116" <nina92116 Sent: Saturday, 18 October, 2008 9:59:19 PM seiman

Have any of ya'll made seiman? I love beans, and have no real objection to soy, but they both cause terrible gas. LOL I thought I'd try making seiman so I went and got the makings, and while I was at it got some ready made. Well - - - I didn't like it. Waah. Not sure if homemade will taste better and be a more pleasant texture or not. I don't need it to taste like meat, never much liked the taste of meat anyway. But this tasted like grisly old chicken. Ideas?Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Sexist remark alert!

Jo

-

Mikeygirl9915

Sunday, October 19, 2008 3:44 AM

LOL! I was like there's only one "seiman" I know about and if one could make their own...who needs men anymore I've never had pre-made seitan so I don't know about the taste, I've only ever made it myself.Gymbo in TX working on Philly :)

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 5:09 PM, <nina92116 (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

rotflmao! Uh huh, that's what I meant to say.

-

fraggle

Saturday, October 18, 2008 2:49 PM

seiman?

do you mean seitan?