IndiaDivine.org

ugh

Rate this topic

Guest guest

well..that was horrid...

computer caught a nasty horrid virus over the weekend

mistakenly downloaded an Adobe upgrand on saturday that must have been infected.

computer immediately froze.

had to hard crash and reboot

took forever to get back up

then it quickly slid into oblivion

nasty nasty nasty malware

count yer blessings that you never see that bugger...

it ripped thru my anti-viral and anti-spy software like it was nothing. turned

em all off and killed em

internet went bad...it re-directed everything, all searches, AND, it made it so

i could never look up any new anti-spy software

it was a monster

today...it got worse...the few bits of anti spy software i managed to download

froze and went away...

the new stuff i bought at the store refused to download

then the internet completely went away...

*sigh*

this unemployed fraggle cried, and then went and bought a new computer

nothing like throwing yourself further into debt...

*pout*

fraggle

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for

the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a

temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and

what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to

obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

hopefully you bought a mac. 12 years on mac, virus/spyware/nasty stuff free. blake On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 7:47 PM, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

well..that was horrid...

computer caught a nasty horrid virus over the weekend

mistakenly downloaded an Adobe upgrand on saturday that must have been infected.

computer immediately froze.

had to hard crash and reboot

took forever to get back up

then it quickly slid into oblivion

nasty nasty nasty malware

count yer blessings that you never see that bugger...

it ripped thru my anti-viral and anti-spy software like it was nothing. turned em all off and killed em

internet went bad...it re-directed everything, all searches, AND, it made it so i could never look up any new anti-spy software

it was a monster

today...it got worse...the few bits of anti spy software i managed to download froze and went away...

the new stuff i bought at the store refused to download

then the internet completely went away...

*sigh*

this unemployed fraggle cried, and then went and bought a new computer

nothing like throwing yourself further into debt...

*pout*

fraggle

For in a Republic, who is "the country"? Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain

Oh Fraggle! I'm sorry to hear that. How terrible.

Jo

, fraggle <EBbrewpunx wrote:

>

> well..that was horrid...

>

> computer caught a nasty horrid virus over the weekend

> mistakenly downloaded an Adobe upgrand on saturday that must have

been infected.

> computer immediately froze.

> had to hard crash and reboot

> took forever to get back up

> then it quickly slid into oblivion

> nasty nasty nasty malware

> count yer blessings that you never see that bugger...

> it ripped thru my anti-viral and anti-spy software like it was

nothing. turned em all off and killed em

>

> internet went bad...it re-directed everything, all searches, AND,

it made it so i could never look up any new anti-spy software

> it was a monster

>

> today...it got worse...the few bits of anti spy software i managed

to download froze and went away...

> the new stuff i bought at the store refused to download

>

> then the internet completely went away...

>

> *sigh*

>

> this unemployed fraggle cried, and then went and bought a new

computer

> nothing like throwing yourself further into debt...

>

> *pout*

>

> fraggle

>

>

>

>

>

> For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government

which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely

a servant†" merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative

to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a

patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not

originate them.

> Mark Twain

>

I make sure I back up and have restore points, as I got hit before and had to restore it to original settings ( which were 3 years old!), as a result took me the best part of 2 days to get all the updates, reload office, spywhere, set up profiles etc, pain in the arse.........

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunxvegan chat Tuesday, 21 October, 2008 2:47:17 AM ugh

well..that was horrid...computer caught a nasty horrid virus over the weekendmistakenly downloaded an Adobe upgrand on saturday that must have been infected.computer immediately froze.had to hard crash and reboottook forever to get back upthen it quickly slid into oblivionnasty nasty nasty malwarecount yer blessings that you never see that bugger...it ripped thru my anti-viral and anti-spy software like it was nothing. turned em all off and killed eminternet went bad...it re-directed everything, all searches, AND, it made it so i could never look up any new anti-spy softwareit was a monstertoday...it got worse...the few bits of anti spy software i managed to download froze and went away...the new stuff i bought at the store refused to downloadthen the internet completely went away...*sigh*this unemployed fraggle cried, and then went and bought a new

computernothing like throwing yourself further into debt...*pout*fraggleFor in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

restore didn't work

tried that..

had several restore points...none worked

Peter VV Oct 21, 2008 1:19 PM Re: ugh

I make sure I back up and have restore points, as I got hit before and had to restore it to original settings ( which were 3 years old!), as a result took me the best part of 2 days to get all the updates, reload office, spywhere, set up profiles etc, pain in the arse.........

Peter vv

fraggle <EBbrewpunx (AT) earthlink (DOT) net>vegan chat Tuesday, 21 October, 2008 2:47:17 AM ugh

well..that was horrid...computer caught a nasty horrid virus over the weekendmistakenly downloaded an Adobe upgrand on saturday that must have been infected.computer immediately froze.had to hard crash and reboottook forever to get back upthen it quickly slid into oblivionnasty nasty nasty malwarecount yer blessings that you never see that bugger...it ripped thru my anti-viral and anti-spy software like it was nothing. turned em all off and killed eminternet went bad...it re-directed everything, all searches, AND, it made it so i could never look up any new anti-spy softwareit was a monstertoday...it got worse...the few bits of anti spy software i managed to download froze and went away...the new stuff i bought at the store refused to downloadthen the internet completely went away...*sigh*this unemployed fraggle cried, and then went and bought a new computernothing like throwing yourself further into debt...*pout*fraggleFor in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them. Mark Twain

For in a Republic, who is “the country� Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant—merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn’t. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Mark Twain